Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4293 4294 [4295] 4296 4297 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487796 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64410 on: December 02, 2014, 02:54:46 pm »

Realized that Asimov's world-spanning Multivac is present in some form in the complexity of our software :V
showers, mang.
Que?

EDIT:
Japan.
Japan what the fuck.
What were you thinking?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:11:44 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #64411 on: December 02, 2014, 08:31:18 pm »

I have to do training for work again, since mine has expired.  ::)

The sad thing is, they reworked the website to do it, and it's obviously been optimized for mobile tablet users now, since the layout is wider than it is tall and instead of the words "click to continue" it now says "tap to continue".

And it keeps freezing and buffering on my computer. Which is Win7; at work where they expect anyone without home internet to do these training videos, the computer still has WinXP on it, which is my WTF: How can they expect this training to get done when I have so much difficulty with it?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #64412 on: December 02, 2014, 08:34:40 pm »

Blood Sport kickstarter shut down by kickstarter.

Blood Sport was aiming to begin a tour of Canada on March 17, timed with the release of Battlefield Hardline in an effort to drum up hype. The project's creators were also hoping to get celebrities such as PewDiePie, Seth Rogen, Snoop Dog, and Conan O'Brien to play Blood Sport.
celebrities
pewdiepie

Breaking news, the internet dimension is now intersecting real life as youtubers are considered on par with celebrities. This implies that normal people can become celebrities. This implies that celebrities are actually people. Scientists are baffled. More news as the story unfolds.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64413 on: December 02, 2014, 08:35:55 pm »

Blood Sport was aiming to begin a tour of Canada on March 17, timed with the release of Battlefield Hardline in an effort to drum up hype. The project's creators were also hoping to get celebrities such as PewDiePie, Seth Rogen, Snoop Dog, and Conan O'Brien to play Blood Sport.
celebrities
pewdiepie

Breaking news, the internet dimension is now intersecting real life as youtubers are considered on par with celebrities. This implies that normal people can become celebrities. This implies that celebrities are actually people. Scientists are baffled. More news as the story unfolds.
:o  Id play that.  If they let me hook up morphine for winning.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64414 on: December 02, 2014, 08:39:53 pm »

Pretty sure crowdfunded marketing is against kickstarter terms of use, so yeah.

E: Wait, was the blood sport thing the Totally SafeTM bloodsucking "game", or am I getting it confused with something else? 'Cause that's like a threefold-WTF right there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #64415 on: December 02, 2014, 08:43:51 pm »

EDIT:
Japan.
Japan what the fuck.
What were you thinking?
I don't know what I'm watching but it had me at the arm wrestling.

Pretty sure crowdfunded marketing is against kickstarter terms of use, so yeah.

E: Wait, was the blood sport thing the Totally SafeTM bloodsucking "game", or am I getting it confused with something else? 'Cause that's like a threefold-WTF right there.
Yes that's what it is. It's meant for getting more hype for blood donations.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64416 on: December 02, 2014, 09:33:37 pm »

ugh. I'm about to take this to the rage thread if this gets any more irritating and inexplicable.
Now they force you to listen to the entire laggy voice clip, even if you already read the on-screen text, before you can even answer the question.

Curse you, Tim Hortons! First you discontinue my white hot chocolate that I so adore, and then you screw up online learning.

PPE: OK, it's not so bad, it was just the one new section that was laggy; the other videos still use the old file format; the layout of the website is still wonky, but doesn't contribute to the lag. Still, what you had worked, Tims. WTF would you change it?
The Cyan Menace

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64417 on: December 02, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »

celebrities
pewdiepie

This was the one chance to drain PDP of all his blood in an elaborate assassination plan and they had to go blow it
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64418 on: December 02, 2014, 10:41:49 pm »

Dammit, my plan has failed!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64419 on: December 02, 2014, 11:19:55 pm »

An old boss of mine called me tonight at 10:30 PM, sounding drunk off her ass.  Haven't seen each-other in 5 years after working together kinda killed the friendship.

Apparently her son came out of the closet to her to tell her he(she?) was already starting the process for a sex change operation.  I was kinda happy to hear from her, she seems to be doing alright though she's taking the son to daughter thing a bit hard.  She was fairly religious and she doesn't approve at all.

I'm kinda wondering why she choose to call me though.  It was pretty clear even when we were friends that we are polar opposites on those subjects.  I ended up just telling her her that it takes all kinds to make the world go round, and that in time it will probably just fade into the background and not seem like a big deal anymore.  She said thanks and we chatted a bit about what we are doing now and hung up.

Should I be worried?  Not sure if I should be worried, I don't want to be abducted and made into a replacement son.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64420 on: December 02, 2014, 11:27:04 pm »

she wants your opinion, comfort, advice, and possibly acceptence.  shes trying to come to terms, and your distinct position on the matter makes you a target to seek that from.  Add in your history before and likely that you are 'that guy', if youll pardon the expression. . .

At least Bay12ers tend to be deep thought and somewhat introverted enough to come off as sagely.

---

also if you reject her, she loses less
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:28:56 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64421 on: December 02, 2014, 11:31:14 pm »

At least Bay12ers tend to be deep thought and somewhat introverted enough to come off as sagely.
I never thought of it like that. Huh. There's definitely a grain or more of truth in that, even if it's not true for every Bay12er... I'm positive at least one is a kitchenbot.

And I'm positive that I come of as crazy while in public, not sagely.
The Cyan Menace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64422 on: December 02, 2014, 11:49:36 pm »

I never thought of it like that. Huh. There's definitely a grain or more of truth in that, even if it's not true for every Bay12er... I'm positive at least one is a kitchenbot.

And I'm positive that I come of as crazy while in public, not sagely.
There's a difference?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64423 on: December 03, 2014, 12:39:01 am »

Mother clicked an unverified link that was sent via SMS to her, installed the app, then ran it.

The app proceeded to hijack her kakao talk messenger app (which is used by nearly all people in Korea), change the password and email, then sent messages to her friends and relatives talking about how she urgently needed $1000 or so, would you please send it to <bank account provided>. She didn't know until a friend asked her why she needed $1000 by phone; if the friend had asked by Kakaotalk, she might have been swindled by the conman sitting on the other side.

@.@ I never knew you could hijack another app...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64424 on: December 03, 2014, 12:55:15 am »

Mother clicked an unverified link that was sent via SMS to her, installed the app, then ran it.

The app proceeded to hijack her kakao talk messenger app (which is used by nearly all people in Korea), change the password and email, then sent messages to her friends and relatives talking about how she urgently needed $1000 or so, would you please send it to <bank account provided>. She didn't know until a friend asked her why she needed $1000 by phone; if the friend had asked by Kakaotalk, she might have been swindled by the conman sitting on the other side.

@.@ I never knew you could hijack another app...

So continues the trend of technologically impaired old people mucking up their devices with something that could have easily been avoided.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 4293 4294 [4295] 4296 4297 ... 11037