Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4291 4292 [4293] 4294 4295 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488450 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64380 on: December 01, 2014, 09:54:10 pm »

oh.  Its still hard.  At what point do the parents have too much say?  Hopefully he gets a chance to make his own ethics.  We all should.

In fact, its my understanding thats a concept in debate recently . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64381 on: December 01, 2014, 10:37:18 pm »

Mandatory parental training upon reaching puberty. Anyone who doesn't pass is castrated. We defeat both overpopulation and people being terrible at parenting.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #64382 on: December 01, 2014, 10:57:39 pm »

Mandatory parental training upon reaching puberty. Anyone who doesn't pass is castrated. We defeat both overpopulation and people being terrible at parenting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Relevant.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64383 on: December 01, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Relevant.
I feel like this sort of thing should make me feel some moral outrage, but the inner cynic certainly likes the idea... >.>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64384 on: December 01, 2014, 11:22:16 pm »

I'd question the format of the test but I am guessing it is asking for the most appropriate action.

Since... a baby doesn't necessarily want to eat just because it is crying.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64385 on: December 02, 2014, 01:26:14 am »

Last day of last term, finalizing my last assignment of my IT Diploma in Networking

Girl in class has 2 hours left of term ... 2 assignments to finish that she hasn't started or read any of the material. And I thought I was procrastinating when I prepare notes the night before and fix it up in the computer labs on the day it's due.

Asking me how to do the assignment, ended up helping her out because she's a foreign student and she pays $500 / class unlike me who is getting that for free, and if she doesn't get the work done in that 2 hours she's hit with $500 in fees to re-enroll.

First, I said to her, ok start a new document. Conversation ensues:

"how do I do that?"

"you don't know how to make a blank Document?"

"No."

WTF how can someone be near graduation of a Tech diploma for sys admins and they don't know how to make a new text file or word doc?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64386 on: December 02, 2014, 04:34:18 am »

Perhaps not the castration thing, instead force them to retake the course until they manage to pass.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #64387 on: December 02, 2014, 05:46:02 am »

WTF how can someone be near graduation of a Tech diploma for sys admins and they don't know how to make a new text file or word doc?
Someone's coworkers are not going to like them...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64388 on: December 02, 2014, 06:24:23 am »

Playing Megaman Legends... 2, specifically, for the first time in quite a long while. I... I don't remember these games being set in a freakish hell-world. But apparently they are. Those reaverbots are kinda' terrifying, especially when you consider it seems they occasionally run rampant and slaughter entire towns. Then you look around and notice that some folks, by all appearances, sacrifice limbs and whatnot just to be able to (fail to) defend themselves from these things.

Somehow civilization manages to scratch out a continued existence, but it's almost difficulty to figure out how.

I guess in retrospect the Megaman games tend to be set in incredibly dark settings. It's somehow difficult to actually notice it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64389 on: December 02, 2014, 10:32:22 am »

And yet we humans are set in a nightmarish world where there will never be a Mega Man Legends 3 because of Crapcom
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64390 on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:07 am »

Playing Megaman Legends... 2, specifically, for the first time in quite a long while. I... I don't remember these games being set in a freakish hell-world. But apparently they are. Those reaverbots are kinda' terrifying, especially when you consider it seems they occasionally run rampant and slaughter entire towns. Then you look around and notice that some folks, by all appearances, sacrifice limbs and whatnot just to be able to (fail to) defend themselves from these things.

Somehow civilization manages to scratch out a continued existence, but it's almost difficulty to figure out how.

I guess in retrospect the Megaman games tend to be set in incredibly dark settings. It's somehow difficult to actually notice it.
It's...difficult to notice it? (I'm questioning that but I don't know if I'm thinking of the same Megaman game XD)
Because what I remember is a band of soldiers protecting a princess...who slowly die out one by one until the last man gives his life to defend her [cue megaman popping up post-x_x] (in a jungle-esque) setting...and the dialogue was just so... :'(
...That was very touching. Also I think that was the prologue too >_>

WTF: Fatigued brain = hilarious typos and connected ideas ._.
Especially when dealing with medical terms.
Latin is fun.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64391 on: December 02, 2014, 10:48:41 am »

I don't recall the humans even surviving in Megaman Zero continuity if you don't count Dr. Wily joining the Sigma Virus hivemind.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64392 on: December 02, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

Yeah, you're thinking of Megaman Zero, Tiru -- the GBA stuff. Legends is something very significantly different, continuity wise, insofar as I'm aware. Do note that, while that scene was touching (well, I'd actually call it terribly desperate more than touching, but...), it was set in a world where the vast majority of the human population is dead, most of the remainder is under a tyrant, and much of the world has been rendered an unlivable hellscape (that is also populated by varying degrees of rampaging deathbot). If I'm not misremembered, a great deal of the plot of one of the the Zero games is trying to find a place for humans to live again, what few remain. It's also a scene where, if plotnanigans hadn't happened and they found zero, the scientist being protected would have been very much killed.

And humans did survive in that one, obj. Just... not very many. It might have been the X continuity that eventually ended up with them all dead, I'unno. I forget exactly how the Zero/ZX and X stuff mesh, if at all.

... really, the base Megaman stuff -- not X, Z, or Legends -- is probably the least thematically horrifying of the major stuff, and it still has a madman (or two) regularly holding vast swaths of the world hostage and probably involves a terrifying number of off camera deaths. It's... something about the presentation of the games tends to lend to not paying attention to it, but they're generally set in what are genuinely terrible scenarios. If it's not a crapsack world (X, Z) it's basically a deathworld (Legends, Z, X after a while), and in several of them it's painful obvious the human species is barely existent or has been massively damaged.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:07:06 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #64393 on: December 02, 2014, 11:10:54 am »

It goes Timeline split -> Classic -> Zero -> ZX -> Legends
                    v
          Battle Network -> Star Force

All things considered Legends is sortof the happy ending of the Classic timeline at the moment, as far as setting details go compared to the parts of the franchises that come before it save for Classic. In terms of the tone at least. I don't know much about the second game admittedly save for the infamous cliffhanger but seriously, the first Legends and the Tron Bonne games are pretty much a saturday morning anime in video game form.

In other news I wake up, look at facebook, and find the senior members of my schools anime club have derailed the cyber monday swag discussion into a 77 post long brainstorming jam for making a dating sim about Ben & Jerry ice cream flavors
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:15:18 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64394 on: December 02, 2014, 11:24:27 am »

Yeah, most of my point would be that there's a vaguely incredibly disconnect between the tone and the setting, with legends. The second's playable parts open up with a ministory about saving a man who goes ruins hunting, nearly gets killed, and then refuses to leave because he woke up a machine that was going to get out and kill the entire local population. Which is surrounded by wasteland, broken buildings, and homicidal deathbots hiding in the snow. It's like, goddamn.

Yes, much of it is saturday morning cartoon level plot, but it is set in a freaking deathworld.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4291 4292 [4293] 4294 4295 ... 11037