Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4287 4288 [4289] 4290 4291 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490794 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64320 on: December 01, 2014, 10:34:39 am »

I proceeded to finish the match and then humour the OS since I needed to close the game anyway. Was just a little odd.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64321 on: December 01, 2014, 10:40:54 am »

Doesn't that happen when things run out of RAM?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64322 on: December 01, 2014, 10:43:14 am »

Yah, especially if it's a loading screen, Windows will tend to say it's not responding when it's just taking a while to load. Clicking the X in the corner rather than Yes or No.

It's caused by clicking on a window that doesn't respond instantly. For example; during a long loading screen in Skyrim where the image has stopped moving, if I click the screen it will go whitish/semi-opaque and the "Not Responding" window will show up. If I close the window and wait the game will finish loading and continue running as usual.

@miauw62: I think that's a blue screen, which is a lack of memory. Windows kind of jumps the gun with declaring things frozen or not responding.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64323 on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:56 am »

I got a blue screen on my phone not long ago

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64324 on: December 01, 2014, 11:21:27 am »

A blue screen isn't so much a lack of memory as it is any fatal error that breaks the assumptions Windows relies upon to run or otherwise makes it impossible to guarantee functionality. One of those errors is attempting to write to a protected region of memory, but that can happen regardless of RAM utilization and isn't the only possible error. A bluescreen is basically how your computer says "SHITSHITSHITSHIT ABORT ABORT"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64325 on: December 01, 2014, 11:46:24 am »

They are actually useful to a degree, as they list a number that corresponds to the error encountered. Of course back with Windows 95 and even now, who has a manual that lists all of the errors?  :P

Phones are very much like small computers/laptops now. They have an OS, hard drive and so on. Quite amazing really.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64326 on: December 01, 2014, 03:28:39 pm »

Kay B12, this here announcing that I am officially tarded. You might not have heard from me in a while, but this should be amusing to you nonetheless. See, I have to write a referative work for my economics class. I even got to select the topic for the work! And you know what I selected? Huh? Huh?

"Should the government artifically regulate bread prices?"

wtf was i thinking
nobody ever wrote shit about this shit since lenin
dang
economics isn't even in my major

Okay, I'm off to peruse the meatspace library and write the thing. If I'm not back in 15 days, I've probably taken a wrong turn in L-space.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64327 on: December 01, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »

A referative work? That topic would be pretty easy if it allowed original thought, but I can't even think of anyone who's written otherwise politically unbiased text on it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64328 on: December 01, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »

A referative work? That topic would be pretty easy if it allowed original thought, but I can't even think of anyone who's written otherwise politically unbiased text on it.
Cant you compare the two?  And then assume its for [insert country here].  Do farm subsidiaries count are price control?  We do that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64329 on: December 01, 2014, 03:45:20 pm »

Exactly. I am in no way obligated to be unbiased, however. I shall aspire to find the most oppositely biased works on the topic (if they even exist) and achieve a relative state of unbias in that manner.

Cant you compare the two?  And then assume its for [insert country here].  Do farm subsidiaries count are price control?  We do that.
It's for Russia.

Yeah, I know.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64330 on: December 01, 2014, 04:02:01 pm »

IcyTea31 should be your primary source.

He's literally bread
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64331 on: December 01, 2014, 04:10:50 pm »

Owlbread works too.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64332 on: December 01, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »

And I also think the possibility of being misunderstood when asking people about their price is too damn high.

Me:"how much?"
Them:"what are you implying, you nasty"
Me:"to eat, I mean"
Them:"..."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64333 on: December 01, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »

Got insulted for playing solitaire on my break between classes today.

"Yo, why you playin' that game, bro? That's what gay people play."

Thanks, person I don't know. I'll be sure to ignore your advice. Then he tried to run off with my lunch bag.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64334 on: December 01, 2014, 04:57:58 pm »

I never knew matching colored cards together was an indicator of homosexuality
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 4287 4288 [4289] 4290 4291 ... 11037