Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4275 4276 [4277] 4278 4279 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440311 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64140 on: November 27, 2014, 01:17:21 pm »

We don't have pennies anymore. That is still weird to think about.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #64141 on: November 27, 2014, 01:19:41 pm »

Also, Gorilla Tape is amazing stuff. It held the nose end body piece of my car on for months while I drove it after the car was pretty much totaled.

I miss that car.
I'm now imagining the car being seperated somewhere between driver and engine, and held together with tape.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64142 on: November 27, 2014, 01:49:50 pm »

Also, Gorilla Tape is amazing stuff. It held the nose end body piece of my car on for months while I drove it after the car was pretty much totaled.

I miss that car.
I'm now imagining the car being seperated somewhere between driver and engine, and held together with tape.
Nah. I used to drive...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
one of these (mine was black.)
The piece between and below the headlights is all one piece, the nose, or grill. I strapped it onto the car with tape (on the fender, next to the hood,) because my passenger side was all smashed in and the nose wouldn't stay on, and I didn't want the radiator exposed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64143 on: November 27, 2014, 01:58:39 pm »

I miss that car.
It's like Cataclysm, but real life.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64144 on: November 27, 2014, 02:25:17 pm »

Asked a third girl out. Again the talk about being busy and the promise to find time when she can. And unknowingly I seem to have picked someone with a similar set of interests to the other two, and I'm 99% certain all three hang out in the same crowd.

I have the weirdest sense of deja-vu, I seem to have a very specific type of woman I am attracted to, and I look forward to finding new and novel ways of being hurt. But perhaps third time's the charm and I get an actual date this time?

Whatever the case may be, I will now go make myself a liter of cocoa and get some actual work done instead of thinking about asking this girl out, as it has now been done, even if I am kinda WTF'ing about how similarly all my attempts seem to go.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64145 on: November 27, 2014, 07:48:58 pm »

Can't buy Omega Ruby because  PAL eShop servers are ok/10 and won't process adding funds.

I guess Nintendo /doesn't/ want to roll in bales of 500€ notes like crack dealers.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #64146 on: November 27, 2014, 10:40:58 pm »

Asked a third girl out. Again the talk about being busy and the promise to find time when she can. And unknowingly I seem to have picked someone with a similar set of interests to the other two, and I'm 99% certain all three hang out in the same crowd.

I have the weirdest sense of deja-vu, I seem to have a very specific type of woman I am attracted to, and I look forward to finding new and novel ways of being hurt. But perhaps third time's the charm and I get an actual date this time?

Whatever the case may be, I will now go make myself a liter of cocoa and get some actual work done instead of thinking about asking this girl out, as it has now been done, even if I am kinda WTF'ing about how similarly all my attempts seem to go.
Are you absolutely sure you didn't ask the same girl out three different times?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64147 on: November 27, 2014, 11:06:13 pm »

Are you absolutely sure you didn't ask the same girl out three different times?
She's going to be so confused.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64148 on: November 27, 2014, 11:19:59 pm »

Haven't shaved in months. It feels weird now. I had much more facial fur than I thought. I didn't even recognize myself after I shaved.

At least people will stop commenting on it now, trying to tell me what to grow. My mom wants me to have a chinstrap. My class partners want me to show up with just a mustache for our presentation. My friends want me to try and grow out as long a beard as possible. Someone else told me to get a goatee. I don't really think any of those look good on me.

Also, I temporarily forgot how a mirror works.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64149 on: November 27, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »

[Redacted]

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64150 on: November 27, 2014, 11:46:25 pm »

Haven't shaved in months. It feels weird now. I had much more facial fur than I thought. I didn't even recognize myself after I shaved.

At least people will stop commenting on it now, trying to tell me what to grow. My mom wants me to have a chinstrap. My class partners want me to show up with just a mustache for our presentation. My friends want me to try and grow out as long a beard as possible. Someone else told me to get a goatee. I don't really think any of those look good on me.

Next time, shave it off in portions to see what looks good. That's how I settled on the goatee.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #64151 on: November 27, 2014, 11:48:37 pm »

Next time, shave it off in portions to see what looks good. That's how I settled on the goatee.

I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever shaved off a regular mustache has stopped momentarily to see what he'd look like with a Hitler mustache.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64152 on: November 27, 2014, 11:49:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever shaved off a regular mustache has stopped momentarily to see what he'd look like with a Hitler mustache.
Have never done this. If I ever shave the stache again, will do for science.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64153 on: November 27, 2014, 11:53:24 pm »

I already did. Except for the chinstrap. I don't think any of them look very good on me.

I think my friends just want me to walk around with a large grisly beard because I'm the only one of them that can grow really thick facial hair, and because I look a bit like some gamer they watch on 'twitch' when it grows long enough.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64154 on: November 27, 2014, 11:54:42 pm »

When I shaved my mustache, I always went left to right, so had I tried it would've been awfully lopsided. That, and I didn't bother with a mirror. They fog up in the shower, y'see.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4275 4276 [4277] 4278 4279 ... 11040