Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4257 4258 [4259] 4260 4261 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446370 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #63870 on: November 22, 2014, 03:26:42 pm »

Quote from: from Toady one's blog post
Today saw the addition of an oft-requested feature -- the ability to geld!
what
._.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63871 on: November 22, 2014, 03:35:26 pm »

Quote from: from Toady one's blog post
Today saw the addition of an oft-requested feature -- the ability to geld!
what

Tempted to cross post this to the Happy thread. This is definitely happy worthy.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #63872 on: November 22, 2014, 03:40:01 pm »

http://imgur.com/gallery/e90OMtl

When my sister was in primary school, 5th grade or so I think, the class got this question that went something like this:
If you discovered a new continent and found there are natives living there, what would you do?

Most of her classmates' answers went along the lines "I would greet them and make friends with them yadda yadda yadda"

My sister answered something like this:
At first I would pretend I was friend with them so I could discover all their secrets. I would get information if they are armed or otherwise dangerous. I would then proceed to enslave them for cheap labor and plunder the natural riches.

Needless to say, I was very proud of her for standing out of the crowd that day.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #63873 on: November 22, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »

When my sister was in primary school, 5th grade or so I think, the class got this question that went something like this:
If you discovered a new continent and found there are natives living there, what would you do?

Most of her classmates' answers went along the lines "I would greet them and make friends with them yadda yadda yadda"

At first I would pretend I was friend with them so I could discover all their secrets. I would get information if they are armed or otherwise dangerous. I would then proceed to enslave them for cheap labor and plunder the natural riches.

Needless to say, I was very proud of her for standing out of the crowd that day.
Does she play DF? Because she should.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63874 on: November 22, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »

Does she play DF? Because she should.
She may have just read history books and thought of how to do it better :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63875 on: November 22, 2014, 04:35:54 pm »

Just wondering here, are a lot of the students speaking english as a second language? I can't decide whether it's that or a lot of the students are idiots.

There are a couple of ESL students, they do not make a large portion of the class.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63876 on: November 22, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »

Give your sister DF.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63877 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59:13 pm »

The dwarf fortress is one of the most advanced games in the world, yet items do not have descriptions.

Like, I cannot learn in-game that a scimitar is a type of curved sword, in game. There isn't even a place to put that information in-game.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63878 on: November 22, 2014, 05:00:02 pm »

Polen go home. You're drunk. You're so drunk right now that winnie the pooh can't even into gender, that's pretty drunk.
And Poland never catches any flak for this sort of fundamentalist behaviour. Only Russia does!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #63879 on: November 22, 2014, 05:02:04 pm »

And Poland never catches any flak for this sort of fundamentalist behaviour. Only Russia does!

I think the major difference is people knock on russia more often since it has a bit more of an acting role in the international scene. Pretty much everyone can point out russia on a map too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63880 on: November 22, 2014, 06:08:42 pm »

I think the major difference is people knock on russia more often since it has a bit more of an acting role in the international scene. Pretty much everyone can point out russia on a map too.
Not Ukraine though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63881 on: November 22, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »

The dwarf fortress is one of the most advanced games in the world, yet items do not have descriptions.

Like, I cannot learn in-game that a scimitar is a type of curved sword, in game. There isn't even a place to put that information in-game.
You could extrapolate the general attributes of it from the stats it has in the raws. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63882 on: November 22, 2014, 06:23:56 pm »

You could extrapolate the general attributes of it from the stats it has in the raws. :V
Raws are not in-game. And the raws for scimitar doesn't say that it is a curved sword, too, so there.
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63883 on: November 22, 2014, 06:31:59 pm »

Raws are not in-game. And the raws for scimitar doesn't say that it is a curved sword, too, so there.
That was the joke. Also:

And actually, you're right to a certain degree. The only functional difference in their damage profiles is the pommel when by all rights it should have a larger slashing edge and worse/no stabbing point. Yet another thing to note for whenever I get back into DF enough to make a personal modset...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63884 on: November 22, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »

I had some "9/11 was an inside job!" people on my campus a few days ago. One of them looked as though he hadn't shaved since 2001.
Razors are just a tool of The Man trying to keep us oppressed. The Illuminati keep spy cameras and shit in there, maaaan. It's to keep you complacent in your clean-shaven ways!
Pages: 1 ... 4257 4258 [4259] 4260 4261 ... 11040