Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4249 4250 [4251] 4252 4253 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450993 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #63750 on: November 19, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10404120/Worlds-first-venomous-crustacean-found-in-Australia.html

A year old, but still, what the hell Australia? You can stop producing deadly wildlife now, you fucker!

First poisonous subway car discovered in Australia!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63751 on: November 19, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10404120/Worlds-first-venomous-crustacean-found-in-Australia.html

A year old, but still, what the hell Australia? You can stop producing deadly wildlife now, you fucker!

Aren't remipedes closely related to milipedes and centipedes anyway?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #63752 on: November 19, 2014, 11:33:29 pm »

Well, my WTF today is an AssCreed3 spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63753 on: November 20, 2014, 12:14:54 am »

That was always the most laughable part of AssCreed4 to me, how you could parkour just like an assassin despite basically being a random asshole who signed up with a privateer ship to make some extra dosh. Well, that and how quickly you stop caring about the assassin-y bits and start playing it like Pirates of the Caribbean the RPG.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63754 on: November 20, 2014, 12:19:04 am »

That was always the most laughable part of AssCreed4 to me, how you could parkour just like an assassin despite basically being a random asshole who signed up with a privateer ship to make some extra dosh. Well, that and how quickly you stop caring about the assassin-y bits and start playing it like Pirates of the Caribbean the RPG.
Isn't this a great thing? :D
Parkour off the main-mast, up the mainsail, and leap up on the upper deck!
Or scale up the bulwarks to take the port and starboard areas.

It sounds great o_O

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63755 on: November 20, 2014, 12:21:00 am »

The most engaging part of it was trying to manage your wanted level just right so that the pirate hunters showed up with gifts of metal, but weren't strong enough to give it to you directly, so to speak. :))

3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63756 on: November 20, 2014, 12:23:26 am »

I pray that someday Armored Core experiences a surge of popularity and retakes the acronym that is rightfully their.

...well technically it rightfully belongs to Ace Combat but still!

Honestly to me the only reason Armored Core has issues with popularity is... The controls.

It is a game that actually takes effort to be even slightly competent with it.

Unlike lets say... Zone of Enders where you feel freakishly competent even though you probably are a terrible pilot.
In Zone of the Enders it makes plot sense, though, because you're a little kid who's flying a mech that practically pilots itself. In Armored Core, you're supposed to be a fairly competent mech pilot with (presumably) some training. It's not a good excuse, but it's an excuse.

Isn't this a great thing? :D
Parkour off the main-mast, up the mainsail, and leap up on the upper deck!
Or scale up the bulwarks to take the port and starboard areas.

It sounds great o_O
If they put more effort into making a pirate game with parkour elements and not an assassin game with pirate elements, I would play the crap out of that game. I would pay full price for it and buy all the DLC. I would fucking Kickstart that shit. That's what I wanted out of Black Flag, and it's sort of what I got, but it could've used more.

The most engaging part of it was trying to manage your wanted level just right so that the pirate hunters showed up with gifts of metal, but weren't strong enough to give it to you directly, so to speak. :))
The pirate hunters never gave me issues, to be honest. At any level.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63757 on: November 20, 2014, 01:02:21 am »

Put on pirate cloak/ezio/red cloak outfit.

Turn on max wanted level cheat.

(optional, skeleton crew and infinite drunk cheats)

Have fun trying to kill as many hunters as you can before dying horribly

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #63758 on: November 20, 2014, 02:01:13 am »

I thought the main idea of Butt Religion is that the protagonist is the reincarnation of some guy?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63759 on: November 20, 2014, 02:28:05 am »

The only dubstep I've ever enjoyed.

I thought the main idea of Butt Religion is that the protagonist is the reincarnation of some guy?
In AssCreed of the Caribbean it's literally set up as "Abstergo decides the best way to monetize the past-memory-liver-machine is to turn it into a production studio for mass media." You're hired to generate good chunks of relived memory because you had a moderately famous ancestor who got into a lot of piratical adventures, and the reason you need to stay synched is because that's the best story you can produce for the consumers.

There's even the option to play the game as a pathetic office worker walking around Abstergo studios for however long instead of being a pirate. So yeah, it's pretty meta.

The pirate hunters never gave me issues, to be honest. At any level.
For the most part I had the same experience, but there was a period of time where my ship wasn't quite good enough to deal with two frigates at the same time, which meant trouble if I couldn't kite them long enough for one to get separated.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:30:15 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #63760 on: November 20, 2014, 03:58:42 am »

AC2, Ezio: Smarmy dickhead that people liked for some reason.
Going from Altair to Ezio is like night and day.  In AC1 you go from an arrogant, faceless asshole to a faceless asshole.  In AC2 you start as a spoiled aristocratic brat and then have everything taken away in a moment.  Its a more interesting story, even if yes Ezio's idea of being an assassin is helping people he likes and killing people he doesn't.  The other thing is that by the standards of Renaissance Italy his actions make sense.  If it was the modern day and he was murdering cops he would look a lot less nice.

Of course then the game goes and tells you point blank that all the Templars you kill ARE monsters, even though Ezio had no way of knowing that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #63761 on: November 20, 2014, 04:07:48 am »

jesus christ I thought "act 5 act 2 of Homestuck wasn't that long"

then I realized that I spent 11 hours reading through it today

11 hours to read 22% of Homestuck

and I skipped a bunch of shit I either knew already or knew to be irrelevant

Homestuck's a 50 hour read if you read as fast as I do (which is ~620 words per minute)

War and Peace is a 15 hour read at that pace

the hell is up with that, war and peace is only like 50% as long

i guess i read slower most times, heh

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #63762 on: November 20, 2014, 04:12:55 am »

That's some fast reading right there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63763 on: November 20, 2014, 04:19:18 am »

Saw a picture of a friend with a particular expression on her face. Black and white photo. Obsession gene triggered I'VE SEEN A PHOTI THAT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT ONE AND I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I FIND IT

sometimes I hate these compulsions
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #63764 on: November 20, 2014, 04:46:03 am »

Are you sure....

It's not the exact same photo, except with the deja vu effect?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4249 4250 [4251] 4252 4253 ... 11040