Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4208 4209 [4210] 4211 4212 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471354 times)

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #63135 on: November 14, 2014, 12:16:13 pm »

HELVETICA MASTER RACE
I prefer Times New Roman.

But that's just me.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #63136 on: November 14, 2014, 12:20:08 pm »

TIMES NEW ROMAN, the font for people who don't know how to change fonts in Word
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #63137 on: November 14, 2014, 12:22:41 pm »

I know perfectly well how to change fonts. I just like Times New Roman.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63138 on: November 14, 2014, 12:43:52 pm »

Heeey.
It's a lot better than Calibri and their associated fonts, which is the default for Word. You've to type in Times New Roman :I

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63139 on: November 14, 2014, 12:46:51 pm »

Pretty much the same thing for all I care.

Ironically, DreamWorks movies are currently distributed by Disney, but under their Touchstone label. But that only started more recently, so not when that cartoon was originally released.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:50:08 pm by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #63140 on: November 14, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

Ironically, DreamWorks movies are actually distributed by Disney, but under their Touchstone label, which they originally created so they could release stuff that they didn't want the Disney name associated with, usually movies for older teens and adults that have sexual references.

CONGLOMERATES

EVERYTHING IS RELATED
EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #63141 on: November 14, 2014, 12:55:44 pm »

Palatino Linotype is my favourite font face. Probably because it's the one I've learned to read best due to its ubiquity in books in my country. The serifs feel natural and not intrusive. The SMF version leaves it somewhat small by default, but nothing a single size tag can't fix.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:03:47 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63142 on: November 14, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »

Ironically, DreamWorks movies are actually distributed by Disney, but under their Touchstone label, which they originally created so they could release stuff that they didn't want the Disney name associated with, usually movies for older teens and adults that have sexual references.

CONGLOMERATES

EVERYTHING IS RELATED
EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

In Canada, we have Future Shop. Which is kind of exactly like a Canadian BestBuy. We also have BestBuys up here, often they're right next to each other and directly competing for buisness as they stock most of the same stuff.
Future Shop is owned and operated by Best Buy...

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63143 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »

To be fair, the principal only uses Comic Sans on the papers directly related to the stuff he teaches, not on official announcements or letters.
My favorite font is Helvetica. I'm just used to it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63144 on: November 14, 2014, 01:05:20 pm »

Heeey.
It's a lot better than Calibri and their associated fonts, which is the default for Word. You've to type in Times New Roman :I
Either it used to be TNR, or it's different in the Philippines version, because I remember it always being TNR by default.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63145 on: November 14, 2014, 01:17:50 pm »

To be fair, the principal only uses Comic Sans on the papers directly related to the stuff he teaches, not on official announcements or letters.

The facilities guy here at work types up his emails in Outlook with his font set to Comic Sans. I've never used Outlook (developers use Linux, so I've never had to touch it aside from setting up redirect rules to my work Gmail account), so I don't know if it's set as his default font or if he chooses to do so each time.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63146 on: November 14, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »

My dad has Comic Sans as his default font on his phone. My respect for him took a massive drop when I found out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63147 on: November 14, 2014, 01:24:17 pm »

I know that older versions used TNR, but I have the 2013 version, and it defaults to Calibri.

Meanwhile, there was a power outage at school today. It was like the end of the world in the classroom. Everyone stopped listening to the teacher, people brought out flashlights, stupid stuff like that. Lasted at least an hour. The flashlights weren't even necessary. The windows were letting in more than enough light.

I also remembered a few stupid things. Like on Remembrance Day, where some group of girls in the cafeteria were completely oblivious to the moment of silence at noon, and just would not shut up and were telling other people off for standing. Or overhearing a conversation where a girl said that she was certain that she would not get pregnant because she's already been pregnant so many times that she built an immunity to it, like a virus.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #63148 on: November 14, 2014, 01:36:38 pm »

I hate Comic Sans with all my heart.

It's my school's preferred font, unfortunately.
I know that older versions used TNR, but I have the 2013 version, and it defaults to Calibri.

Meanwhile, there was a power outage at school today. It was like the end of the world in the classroom. Everyone stopped listening to the teacher, people brought out flashlights, stupid stuff like that. Lasted at least an hour. The flashlights weren't even necessary. The windows were letting in more than enough light.

I also remembered a few stupid things. Like on Remembrance Day, where some group of girls in the cafeteria were completely oblivious to the moment of silence at noon, and just would not shut up and were telling other people off for standing. Or overhearing a conversation where a girl said that she was certain that she would not get pregnant because she's already been pregnant so many times that she built an immunity to it, like a virus.
You know how I joked about how you're working with future politicians during that powerpoint thing? The one where you weren't allowed to use pictures or "blunder"?

It would appear that your school is the main source of Senators.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63149 on: November 14, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »

Well, Canadian Senators are appointed by the Prime Minister, and don't really do anything but nod at bills and collect significant paychecks for not actually showing up... So ya, sounds about right.
Pages: 1 ... 4208 4209 [4210] 4211 4212 ... 11037