Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4171 4172 [4173] 4174 4175 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442339 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62580 on: November 07, 2014, 03:35:57 pm »

Well, opinions. I thought two was bleh, but again, opinions. Then again, I always liked the games for their singleplayer. Halo story has always been the best part for me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62581 on: November 07, 2014, 03:44:27 pm »

and 3 was only good for PvP over lan.
I read that as Ian at first. I was wondering how you could do multiplayer with a corgi.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62582 on: November 07, 2014, 04:01:47 pm »

3 was outstanding not because of the campaign or matchmade multiplayer, but because of the custom games + Forge. It's practically an honorary PC game because of that; some of my best gaming memories are from mucking about with a circle of friends, some from meatspace and some from elsewhere, playing our own games and leveraging peer-to-peer networking to get into other games (half the time to troll idiots, admittedly).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reach was okay. I loved that they spited all of the BR wankers even unintentionally, and certain parts were good (Forge that lets you clip objects into terrain without the painstaking glitching you had to do in 3? YUS. I've probably spent more hours of my life glitching objects into terrain in Halo 3 than I have doing... a great number of things, really).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62583 on: November 07, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »

I remember there was a way to make a makeshift rocket in 3. Goddamn, that was fun.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #62584 on: November 07, 2014, 04:11:23 pm »

My problem with Reach is they basically turned it into Modern Shooter Lite.  You got to pick your gear, almost everyone had weapons that could kill long before melee, and almost none of the default maps had vehicles, those that you could would inevitably die immediately due to the maps they appeared on and several changes to vehicles (WHY CAN SNIPER RIFLES KILL WRAITHS FROM THE FRONT).  It wasn't a BAD game from a technical perspective, it just... didn't play to the series' strengths.  If I wanted that kind of game I'd just play Bad Company 2, which was vastly better at being basically the same thing (hell, Invasion was straight stolen from BC's rush mode).

To me what's always made Halo fun is that you're fighting with a mix of ranged, melee, and vehicles, that and the general variety the gameplay had.  But I came into the series in 3 so my concept of the series might be different than others.  Oh, and its the only freaken game for Xbox that lets you play splitscreen multiplayer online.  Admittedly Reach passes that particular test.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62585 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:01 pm »

Nah, you're hitting the majority opinion there. The whole semi-class thing was crap they added to draw in CoD kiddies.

Incidentally and somewhat related, I've mentioned being banned from other forums for absurd things before. Guess what got me permed without warning from the Bungie forums? Suggesting that it took more skill to kill someone with the AR than the BR. Not joking, either, properly managing recoil on that thing was markedly more difficult than getting headshots with that absurdly easymodo aim assist that they had.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62586 on: November 07, 2014, 06:03:26 pm »

3 was outstanding not because of the campaign or matchmade multiplayer, but because of the custom games + Forge. It's practically an honorary PC game because of that; some of my best gaming memories are from mucking about with a circle of friends, some from meatspace and some from elsewhere, playing our own games and leveraging peer-to-peer networking to get into other games (half the time to troll idiots, admittedly).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reach was okay. I loved that they spited all of the BR wankers even unintentionally, and certain parts were good (Forge that lets you clip objects into terrain without the painstaking glitching you had to do in 3? YUS. I've probably spent more hours of my life glitching objects into terrain in Halo 3 than I have doing... a great number of things, really).

As one of those BR wankers, I have to admit they were overpowered. :P  Of course, I liked Reach better.

Also, in response to you yesterday, Howdy Dice.

I actually played a Halo 3 match just the other day and was one of the lowest skilled players and I played better than I thought I would (7 Kills, 9 Deaths, -2 Spread).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62587 on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:19 pm »

What is with movies, Shows, and what have you with this HUGE assumption that if parents don't give an unfathomable amount of time to their children... that their children come out wrong?

As if kids were some sort of tamagotchi pet without a pause button.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #62588 on: November 07, 2014, 06:22:26 pm »

Nah, you're hitting the majority opinion there. The whole semi-class thing was crap they added to draw in CoD kiddies.

Incidentally and somewhat related, I've mentioned being banned from other forums for absurd things before. Guess what got me permed without warning from the Bungie forums? Suggesting that it took more skill to kill someone with the AR than the BR. Not joking, either, properly managing recoil on that thing was markedly more difficult than getting headshots with that absurdly easymodo aim assist that they had.
When we would play Reach, my brother learned how to tap the trigger in a very specific way to make almost all of his AR hits headshots.  It was bizarre to watch.

He would also rage massively, but he's never been the most fun to play video games with :(
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #62589 on: November 07, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »

What is with movies, Shows, and what have you with this HUGE assumption that if parents don't give an unfathomable amount of time to their children... that their children come out wrong?

Probably because the people writing and producing the media of today grew up in the era when the ideal father was "The Greatest Man I Never Knew", and it was pretty common to spend very little time with at least one parent.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62590 on: November 07, 2014, 06:45:09 pm »

Probably because the people writing and producing the media of today grew up in the era when the ideal father was "The Greatest Man I Never Knew", and it was pretty common to spend very little time with at least one parent.

So basically everyone has father issues?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62591 on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

I am kind of wondering how long it will be until we start to have a sort of different age system.

A sort of opt in age system. So people can say they are any age they want to be.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62592 on: November 07, 2014, 08:43:07 pm »

I am kind of wondering how long it will be until we start to have a sort of different age system.

A sort of opt in age system. So people can say they are any age they want to be.
Neo, you're home. Go drunk.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62593 on: November 07, 2014, 08:44:20 pm »

So basically everyone has father issues?

Tamagotchi's had PAUSE BUTTONS? That would have been good to know. Several years earlier.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62594 on: November 07, 2014, 08:46:13 pm »

Like... in games? And whatnot?

Because if so, we already do. It's called "lying".

Hell, I still adjust my age by a few years by habit, despite being well over the age of majority nowadays. No point in giving accurate information unless there's reason to, and there's very rarely reason to online.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4171 4172 [4173] 4174 4175 ... 11040