Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4169 4170 [4171] 4172 4173 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442411 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62550 on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:59 pm »

I for one haven't noticed any sort of decline in the forum, although my impression about the LBs has always been limited to "1% of the forumgoers make 90% of the posts".
Nah, more like 10%. Most of the forumites are just gone, though, so that throws the statistic off a bit.
You're one to talk, you probably account for 10% of our weekly posts on your own :P

Its always the same faces down here, especially in the emotion threads.  I'm scrolling down here and there are like 2 people I haven't seen posting in a bunch of other threads.
You really can't judge by total number of registered members. Apart from new version release times, we tend to hover around 100-250 active users at any given hour, and I'd be surprised if there are more than 600-800 people across the entire forum who post more than once a week.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62551 on: November 06, 2014, 10:54:07 pm »

Personally I imagined a guy lying on his back and somehow making "normal standing upright" walking motions with his legs and somehow getting somewhere.

That's actually how he did it.
Wut how who wha.

I am attempting to recreate this and all I'm getting is floor dust on my back. And unpleasant muscle strain.

I'm just imagining this scene from The Simpsons
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I spent quite a while looking for that, for this specific reason.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62552 on: November 06, 2014, 11:05:59 pm »

I for one haven't noticed any sort of decline in the forum, although my impression about the LBs has always been limited to "1% of the forumgoers make 90% of the posts".
Nah, more like 10%. Most of the forumites are just gone, though, so that throws the statistic off a bit.
You're one to talk, you probably account for 10% of our weekly posts on your own :P

Its always the same faces down here, especially in the emotion threads.  I'm scrolling down here and there are like 2 people I haven't seen posting in a bunch of other threads.
You really can't judge by total number of registered members. Apart from new version release times, we tend to hover around 100-250 active users at any given hour, and I'd be surprised if there are more than 600-800 people across the entire forum who post more than once a week.

Some forumgoers also inexplicably disappear for months and come back randomly.  It's very odd.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62553 on: November 07, 2014, 12:36:36 am »

I have started to understand the depravity of the 'Shrek is love' crowd.

Jeebus.
The what?

*checks*

OH MY SWEET JUMPING JEBEBUS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #62554 on: November 07, 2014, 12:37:50 am »

It's all ogre now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #62555 on: November 07, 2014, 01:07:04 am »

I have started to understand the depravity of the 'Shrek is love' crowd.

Jeebus.

That's a meme right?  I know there was a funny fanfic someone made and at the very least most of the people who use that quote are referring to it.

True.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62556 on: November 07, 2014, 01:46:22 am »

Some forumgoers also inexplicably disappear for months and come back randomly.  It's very odd.

Oh hey, long time no see!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #62557 on: November 07, 2014, 03:14:34 am »

I'm gonna blame the emotion threads for the current state of affairs. The fact that such a discussion is happening in one of them instead of some thread called "State of the Forum" or whatever is deeply disturbing.

The problem with the emotion threads is that they're expected to go on forever. In a normal thread, we'd have some sort of discussion, then it would eventually die in it's own time, and people could move onto a new thread for a new discussion. In the emotion threads, there's only room for so much discussion at a time, so people are either like, "end your current discussion, we need to have a new discussion" or "move your discussion to a new thread". The first one is obviously bad for discussion, as it terminates them before they've reached their natural life cycles, and the second in practice is not much better, as I've seen that most discussions don't survive well the transplantation to a new thread.

The problem we have isn't with people, it's with the systems we've put into place.

Also, I'm more and more feeling like we really do need a tabletop games sub-board, as that sort of discussion gets around all over the place, and I think it's because we don't really have any sort of definitive place to put any of it.

Edit: I've made a thread for the tabletop sub-board thing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:57:30 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62558 on: November 07, 2014, 04:20:50 am »

So, we need to kill of the emotion threads?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62559 on: November 07, 2014, 04:24:34 am »

They may need to be curated a little better; Nerjin does a good job with the RAEG thread and Janet ruled the happy thread with a fist of steel, but the other boards, like this one and the sad thread are a little under-moderated by the thread owners.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62560 on: November 07, 2014, 04:26:07 am »

Having just watched Fight Club, am I the only one to anticipate the twist?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62561 on: November 07, 2014, 04:30:47 am »

Having just watched Fight Club, am I the only one to anticipate the twist?

Nope, the phone booth in the beginning gives it all away. It doesn't take incoming calls.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #62562 on: November 07, 2014, 05:13:46 am »

Personally, I like the emotion threads. The kind of openness therein. If a discussion is interesting enough, it can be transplanted with few ill effects, and the rest die out, just like any other thread on the subject.
Admittedly, the system is slightly inefficient (it's a nightmare to dig up old discussions in the happy thread, par example) but I haven't seen there to be enough problems with it to change anything.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62563 on: November 07, 2014, 07:25:14 am »

Personally, I like the emotion threads. The kind of openness therein. If a discussion is interesting enough, it can be transplanted with few ill effects, and the rest die out, just like any other thread on the subject.
This, pretty much. The emotion threads (and, to a lesser degree, the politics threads) serve as breeding grounds for discussions; some whither, some do not survive outside the protection of the nest, but the few that do are strong enough to sustain themselves.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62564 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54:13 am »

CNN is calling a mass of cold air that is going to hit the US, a 'bomb cyclone', wut? Is that what we're calling polar vortexes now?

The term makes me think of a cyclone made of bombs rather than a mass of cold air.
Pages: 1 ... 4169 4170 [4171] 4172 4173 ... 11040