Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4166 4167 [4168] 4169 4170 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448658 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62505 on: November 06, 2014, 08:29:39 pm »

I'm still annoyed at the "too cool for the newcomers" mentality that the older users have.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62506 on: November 06, 2014, 08:30:33 pm »

I'm still annoyed at the "too cool for the newcomers" mentality that the older users have.
Isn't this along the lines of the reason GlyphGryph left?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #62507 on: November 06, 2014, 08:30:50 pm »

Hands and feet? You can manage a decent enough pace while horizontal and facing upwards. It's just kinda' painful and definitely awkward. If it was just feet, that's still possible, but it graduates from kinda' painful to vaguely agonizing.
I would argue that to lay down your back has to be touching the floor, so using hands and feet is still impressive.
Yeh. This guy gets it.

Personally I imagined a guy lying on his back and somehow making "normal standing upright" walking motions with his legs and somehow getting somewhere.

gif snip
Good thing I'm wearing my brown pants.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #62508 on: November 06, 2014, 08:31:42 pm »

GlyphGryph left due to ideological differences with various board members, the current political internet climate, and some points on the code of conduct. It had nothing to do with this.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62509 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »

GlyphGryph left due to ideological differences with various board members, the current political internet climate, and some points on the code of conduct. It had nothing to do with this.
Oh. Could've sworn it was something to do with not liking the new influx of board members.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #62510 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:54 pm »

I don't usually see this? But then I spend most of my time in the modding segment.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #62511 on: November 06, 2014, 08:34:30 pm »

Oh. Could've sworn it was something to do with not liking the new influx of board members.

Oh that. Might have had something to do with that, I could see that. I thought you were saying the opposite because of how Objective's comment was worded. But it was set off by an argument in the politics section
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #62512 on: November 06, 2014, 08:36:58 pm »

Class of 2010 is the only try group of bay12ers.

The rest of you are either useless plebs or expired spam bots.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62513 on: November 06, 2014, 08:39:49 pm »

I've been here for four damn years, and I still think this is one of the better online communities around.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62514 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:06 pm »

The early seeds were planted in 2013, but they sprouted into our modern state this summer.
To be fair, there was a certain degree of in-grouping and character jokes before this wave. It's just that people occasionally making a situationally appropriate reference to MSH and MZ being timeclones or whatever is markedly less annoying than a circle of people jerking each other off over their sets of "quirks".
Ah. Yes. You know, this reminds me that there's an awful lot of hatred over my "wizard" thing, except you people are taking it to the extreme and acting like 75% the posts a begimmicked person makes are fanboying over their own gimmicks.
Honestly? I can't speak for anyone else, but I usually only notice it when it's (again) a redtext/reference circlejerk, as opposed to single posts. Might just be because I've developed a reflexive response to glaze my eyes over. Either way, it's not a "personal" personal thing. It's hating the action, not the person, because the action is fucking annoying even if the person is otherwise agreeable. And to a certain extent, I have a slight suspicion that it's an age thing, and that a lot of it is coming from people who haven't grown out of it yet (it being feedback-looping cycles of behavior which dispense social acceptance, though that doesn't change much either, it just shifts from lulsorandom to drinking/religion/academia/[insert your doubleplusgood groupthink of preference here]), in the same way that I've yet to grow out of existential angst and casual misanthropy (though the latter might just run in the family, given the jokes I hear told at gatherings).

I don't usually see this? But then I spend most of my time in the modding segment.

Amusingly enough, this one of the least appropriate accusations to level at this community and one of the least appropriate communities to level it at. Among the list of reasons I stuck around in the LB after burning out on DF the first time, the greatest was because of how open and welcoming it was to newcomers. Literally zero qualms about listing this as the most accepting forum I've ever participated in. At risk of sounding like an old fogey here, but you don't know "newfriends can screw off" until you've experienced something like being banned for disagreeing with an oldtimer or having thirty people shout you down and spam you with PMs along the lines of "kill yourself moron" at the friendliest for the same.

It's also part of why I really miss what it used to be like. Certainly I was younger and shittier, but every time I opened the forums I knew that I wouldn't be on the receiving end of anything more than a touch of well-deserved snark from certain people if I said something profoundly stupid. More than that, I knew that I could open just about any thread on the LB, find an interesting conversation, and maybe learn something new. That in a nutshell is why I kept coming back.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #62515 on: November 06, 2014, 08:45:16 pm »

I've been here for four damn years, and I still think this is one of the better online communities around.

The arguments about politics are trying, truly, but at least when we aren't trying to strangle each other for worshipping the wrong political deities, its a pretty nice place.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62516 on: November 06, 2014, 08:49:09 pm »

Hands and feet? You can manage a decent enough pace while horizontal and facing upwards. It's just kinda' painful and definitely awkward. If it was just feet, that's still possible, but it graduates from kinda' painful to vaguely agonizing.
I would argue that to lay down your back has to be touching the floor, so using hands and feet is still impressive.
Yeh. This guy gets it.

Personally I imagined a guy lying on his back and somehow making "normal standing upright" walking motions with his legs and somehow getting somewhere.

That's actually how he did it.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62517 on: November 06, 2014, 08:52:35 pm »

Yeh. This guy gets it.

That's actually how he did it.
Like a graphical glitch in a video game, almost?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62518 on: November 06, 2014, 08:57:33 pm »

The arguments about politics are trying, truly, but at least when we aren't trying to strangle each other for worshipping the wrong political deities, its a pretty nice place.
Is political theology a real term?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62519 on: November 06, 2014, 09:00:13 pm »

Is political theology a real term?
Two words: the Vatican.
Pages: 1 ... 4166 4167 [4168] 4169 4170 ... 11040