Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4159 4160 [4161] 4162 4163 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457985 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62400 on: November 05, 2014, 06:59:58 pm »

But then you remember it's a 3.5 monk who quite possibly hasn't been fixed with houserules and you laugh and laugh for days.
Silly FD, there's no "monk" class in 3.5. You must be thinking of the monkey wildshape. Maybe monkfish, I'unno. Regardless, it's an iconic druid class feature, generally.
Maybe he's thinking of Unarmed Swordsage?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62401 on: November 05, 2014, 07:02:16 pm »

But then you remember it's a 3.5 monk who quite possibly hasn't been fixed with houserules and you laugh and laugh for days.
Silly FD, there's no "monk" class in 3.5. You must be thinking of the monkey wildshape. Maybe monkfish, I'unno. Regardless, it's an iconic druid class feature, generally.
Maybe he's thinking of Unarmed Swordsage?
It's an uncommon nickname for commoners, who are generally badly equipped and not all that combative, like monks in a monastery.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62402 on: November 05, 2014, 07:14:21 pm »

Especially if it is, as the "Agent Smith" implies, a wizard set up as a joke/expy rather than a serious build.
Actually, "Agent Smith" was the time I decided to play the wizard you're supposed to play them. Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Color Spray, Shield, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, threw in Jump and Disguise Self for lulz. I figured out how to get him 22 INT at Level 1, see. (Old + Grey Elf + Maximized INT, dick with point buy until you have reasonable stats all around.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62403 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:48 pm »

Especially if it is, as the "Agent Smith" implies, a wizard set up as a joke/expy rather than a serious build.
Actually, "Agent Smith" was the time I decided to play the wizard you're supposed to play them. Grease, Expeditious Retreat, Color Spray, Shield, Mage Armor, Ray of Enfeeblement, threw in Jump and Disguise Self for lulz. I figured out how to get him 22 INT at Level 1, see. (Old + Grey Elf + Maximized INT, dick with point buy until you have reasonable stats all around.)
Can you guess what your avatar-rotator decided to throw at me right now?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62404 on: November 05, 2014, 07:19:32 pm »

Pac-Dalf? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62405 on: November 05, 2014, 08:06:41 pm »

... caterpillars are apparently actually pretty damn speedy, when they want to be. Manged to prod one of those fairly sizable spiky black ones into scooting about. I was kinda' impressed. Little bugger managed some decent movespeed, for something stereotypically considered slow.

E: Other house person wanted to squish it D:

Didn't let them, but D:

Live, speedy spike-beast, live!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:33:57 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62406 on: November 05, 2014, 08:44:11 pm »

If its fuzzy and has dark orange bits, its a wooly bear caterpillar.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62407 on: November 05, 2014, 09:08:04 pm »

._.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62408 on: November 05, 2014, 09:09:09 pm »

I dont think those are the normal magnets you are thinking of.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62409 on: November 05, 2014, 09:09:50 pm »

No they're magnets.

Just super strong ones.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62410 on: November 05, 2014, 09:24:37 pm »

I recommend this, but also wonder why you are apparently able to be the first to respond to my OotSW bump but incapable of prodding along TKaP.
My post was due to luck. I just happened to be on the forums when the update was posted.
On the other hand, I find that running my games takes over an hour a day on average to write the turns. It's mentally exhausting to run two games with a total of 13 players. I invest a lot of time planning where the plot is going. And that is quickly blown away when players take forever to get to those bits, so I have to make up stuff to do in the mean time. I'm stuck with TKaP, since what I'm seeing is that people want to do an investigation, not a straight combat. That takes a serious mental effort for me to create, and that's not something I want to invest time in right now.
But rolling dice and adding a bit of flavor text, that I can do.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62411 on: November 05, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »

I recommend this, but also wonder why you are apparently able to be the first to respond to my OotSW bump but incapable of prodding along TKaP.
My post was due to luck. I just happened to be on the forums when the update was posted.
On the other hand, I find that running my games takes over an hour a day on average to write the turns. It's mentally exhausting to run two games with a total of 13 players. I invest a lot of time planning where the plot is going. And that is quickly blown away when players take forever to get to those bits, so I have to make up stuff to do in the mean time. I'm stuck with TKaP, since what I'm seeing is that people want to do an investigation, not a straight combat. That takes a serious mental effort for me to create, and that's not something I want to invest time in right now.

Gotta love trying to run a game while ‼life‼ happens.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62412 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:55 pm »

Oh, I see. I have those kinds of things sometimes, too, so I feel ya. Heh, I guess you could say that if you were a wizard, I'm a sorcerer--I generally just get an idea for a quest or campaign, build an outline on that, and improvise in between, instead of making a big, overarching plot and filling in the nuances beforehand.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62413 on: November 05, 2014, 09:41:32 pm »

Oh, I see. I have those kinds of things sometimes, too, so I feel ya. Heh, I guess you could say that if you were a wizard, I'm a sorcerer--I generally just get an idea for a quest or campaign, build an outline on that, and improvise in between, instead of making a big, overarching plot and filling in the nuances beforehand.
Out of curiousity, what percentage of ideas that you come up with do you make a game for?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62414 on: November 05, 2014, 10:28:50 pm »

Maybe... 60, 70%? Counting compulsions to adapt video games, books, and films, original ideas, and Matrix-esque "wouldn't it be cool if...", but not ones where I write a character to fill the want later or those random compulsions to make campaigns over DMPCs. Scrapped ideas include Hobbit ripoff (blatant, huge damn party,) Heroes of Ekris 3.5 reboot (setting reusage=bad), an even more obvious DF-allusion than Order of the Silver Wolf's dialogue sequences were (It is terrifying.), Tomb of Horrors clone (It is terrifying.), and a d20 Modern campaign that evokes hammy old adventure movies. (You seen MST3K? MST3K-worthy-movies: the RPG is a terrible idea.)

A tangent I almost just went off on gave me the idea to adapt the very first Final Fantasy game (which was also supposed to be something of a straight AD&D rip,) so I'm going to go pitch that over at Gamer's Block now.
Pages: 1 ... 4159 4160 [4161] 4162 4163 ... 11040