Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4158 4159 [4160] 4161 4162 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458209 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62385 on: November 05, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »

It does, like "imager".

Anyway, I seem to be the only person who both knows and cares that Keiki Kobayashi wrote the Smash Bros. 4 theme on the internet. Yikes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62386 on: November 05, 2014, 05:42:51 pm »

Imgur is pronounced the same as imager.

I need to rethink my life.
How else would you pronounce it? With a hard g?
Im-gur
What you did that was write out imgur and place the obvious syllable break. The point of contention is, I think, over how the g is said.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62387 on: November 05, 2014, 05:50:18 pm »

Guys, I think I have a problem.

I have... *counts*... 11 D&D 3.5 character sheets I'm not using. I wrote two of them for fun, and three of them I severely want to use and I may not be able to decide between them without help or dice. Six of them are almost entirely references to or draw inspiration from something or other, notably Robin from FE: A, Ryu[rist], and James Bond.

One of you dastards run a game so I can use them. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62388 on: November 05, 2014, 05:55:13 pm »

You should do a battle royale between all of them. It will only kill off 10 of the characters, but the last one is guaranteed to have some modicum of usability.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62389 on: November 05, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »

You should do a battle royale between all of them. It will only kill off 10 of the characters, but the last one is guaranteed to have some modicum of usability.
Someone should run a pure combat PVP game. If no one comes forward with a game, I'll run one. It's been something I wanted to do for a while, and will tide me over till I can update my real games again.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #62390 on: November 05, 2014, 06:06:00 pm »

This would entail expecting an "Agent Smith" Wizard build to compete with a friggin' Monk, a Telepath Psion to compete with a Rogue, two Rangers to duke it out, a Sorcerer duel, a Bard to have a fair chance against a Druid, and somewhere in the mix a Crusader beating axes, lances, and swords.

It would be one-sided chaos, to say the least.

Come to think of it, it was basically a toss between Frederick deYlisse [Final name pending] the Crusader and Robin Toma the "blaster Sorcerer" anyway.
Someone should run a pure combat PVP game. If no one comes forward with a game, I'll run one. It's been something I wanted to do for a while, and will tide me over till I can update my real games again.
Hmm.

I recommend this, but also wonder why you are apparently able to be the first to respond to my OotSW bump but incapable of prodding along TKaP.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62391 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27:01 pm »

This would entail expecting an "Agent Smith" Wizard build to compete with a friggin' Monk, a Telepath Psion to compete with a Rogue...
You seem to be implying that a Wizard is inferior to a Monk. I hope that's not the intent.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62392 on: November 05, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »

This would entail expecting an "Agent Smith" Wizard build to compete with a friggin' Monk, a Telepath Psion to compete with a Rogue...
You seem to be implying that a Wizard is inferior to a Monk. I hope that's not the intent.

From what I remember of the "Agent Smith" Wizard, he was basically a ~1900 decrepit old elf with shit physical stats. If there's any Wizard more vulnerable to having their ass kicked by a Monk, let me know. Also, the thing with Monks?

The know kung fu.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62393 on: November 05, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

I bought this soybean supplemented beef the other day.  I knew it was cheaper for a reason, but for the price I couldn't pass it up, despite it being in a can.  Now I know why it was so cheap.  Uggh, even beans and chilli cant wash out that horrid flavor; and to boot the smell while cooking is pretty gross as well.  I bought 5 cans of the crap.
Give it to a food bank. One mans trash is another mans dinner.
Aye, thats a good idea.  Im all for private charity too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62394 on: November 05, 2014, 06:31:01 pm »

From what I remember of the "Agent Smith" Wizard, he was basically a ~1900 decrepit old elf with shit physical stats. If there's any Wizard more vulnerable to having their ass kicked by a Monk, let me know. Also, the thing with Monks?

The know kung fu.
Since Wrex isn't here, let me give you the rundown.

Tiers. Learn them. Know them. Hate them, if you want.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62395 on: November 05, 2014, 06:45:53 pm »

The know kung fu.
Since Wrex isn't here, let me give you the rundown.

Tiers. Learn them. Know them. Hate them, if you want.

It's probably something to do with the build.

Also note that blindly saying, "BUT TIERS OMG" isn't the be-all and end-all. If the monk was decently optimized and you literally just dropped wizard and monk into a pit fight and said, "Ready set go kill each other," the monk might come out on top, depending on what the wizard has memorized for the day. Especially if it is, as the "Agent Smith" implies, a wizard set up as a joke/expy rather than a serious build.

But then you remember it's a 3.5 monk who quite possibly hasn't been fixed with houserules and you laugh and laugh for days.

Also, if you're going to link to the tier list, might as well link to the actual thing instead of 1d4chan's reposting of it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62396 on: November 05, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »

I was lazy and copied the first link with the thing that I found (and I also prefer the wiki format over the post format any day).

Also I misread Arc's post anyway.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62397 on: November 05, 2014, 06:54:58 pm »

I suppose it depends highly on the level, books allowed, and situation. There needs to be some pretty severe terrain/situational bias in favor of the Monk in order for a Wizard, even with 1 STR, 1 DEX, 1 CON, to lose.

Also, if the Wizard is above level 11, he/she can just have Contingency + Rope Trick and hole up in extradimensional space for 11+ hours, long enough to sleep and memorize a new loadout of spells.

RE: Tiers
The tier system is a nice guideline for who's more likely to win, assuming equivalent optimization. It's not an argument, however, and it might require more depth at explaining why the monk's gonna get obliterated.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 06:58:51 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62398 on: November 05, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »

For all its usefulness, I find Rope Trick to be one of the silliest spells ever. You just toss a rope up into the air, and then climb it into a non-existent opening. Like a cartoon character, or something.

And now I'm imagining the entire thing just working through stealthed UFOs picking them up or something.

Oh, and it can contain up to eight creatures (of any size), so it's basically a clown car to boot.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:01:03 pm by Darvi »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62399 on: November 05, 2014, 06:59:17 pm »

But then you remember it's a 3.5 monk who quite possibly hasn't been fixed with houserules and you laugh and laugh for days.
Silly FD, there's no "monk" class in 3.5. You must be thinking of the monkey wildshape. Maybe monkfish, I'unno. Regardless, it's an iconic druid class feature, generally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4158 4159 [4160] 4161 4162 ... 11040