Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4138 4139 [4140] 4141 4142 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442962 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #62085 on: November 02, 2014, 11:53:38 pm »

This computers assignment.

Typos. Contradicting questions. Missing information. Content that we have not only not covered, but is also completely absent from the book.

Fun.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62086 on: November 03, 2014, 02:10:06 am »

incompetent teacher or intro to dealing with customers

you decide

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #62087 on: November 03, 2014, 02:12:32 am »

It's probably both.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62088 on: November 03, 2014, 04:03:40 am »

Intro to dealing with incompetent customteachers?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #62089 on: November 03, 2014, 04:59:25 am »

Checking my Amazon shopping list
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I should learn to log out when I use someone else's pc >.<

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62090 on: November 03, 2014, 07:59:43 am »

Dutch, this is about the last place you're going to have people harping on you for wanting to look pretty.

You can wear your puppydress without restraint. We've got your back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62091 on: November 03, 2014, 09:22:36 am »

This image. Who actually looked at that and said "Yep, this portrays the character as competent and interesting."

I think the best thing I've heard said about that image was "They probably dumped all their points into strength and daggers."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62092 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:18 am »

This image. Who actually looked at that and said "Yep, this portrays the character as competent and interesting."

I think the best thing I've heard said about that image was "They probably dumped all their points into strength and daggers."
I... I'm having trouble seeing your problem with the image? It's an archer, moving, scanning horizon for targets. Honestly, it's just refreshing that she's wearing real bloody armour.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62093 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:42 am »

I can't help but notice that her fingers (the ones over the string anyway) are wierdly blackened. Sure maybe it could be a leather covering, but that doesn't look like leather, it looks more like frostbite.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #62094 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:06 am »

I

I... I'm having trouble seeing your problem with the image? It's an archer, moving, scanning horizon for targets. Honestly, it's just refreshing that she's wearing real bloody armour.
I'm confused as well.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #62095 on: November 03, 2014, 09:44:36 am »

Maybe NobodyPro meant to link a picture of the usual half-naked athletic-ish female rogue, probably holding two daggers and with at least four more strapped onto various impractical places?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62096 on: November 03, 2014, 09:50:41 am »

String is over her left arm (bring that vambrace's purpose into question). Quiver is on the wrong side of her body. Index finger is behind the string. Arrow improperly rotated (vane would hit the bow, sending it off-course). String is bending weirdly near her leg. Bow is in three pieces. Plastic nocks. Off-centre nocking. Sleeve would catch on the string.

Handguard?

Pre-Edit: Somebody just asked me to mimic the thumb on her right hand. I can't do it. Thumbs don't bend like that.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62097 on: November 03, 2014, 09:55:00 am »

String is over her left arm (bring that vambrace's purpose into question). Quiver is on the wrong side of her body. Index finger is behind the string. Arrow improperly rotated (vane would hit the bow, sending it off-course). String is bending weirdly near her leg. Bow is in three pieces. Plastic nocks. Off-centre nocking. Sleeve would catch on the string.

Handguard?

Pre-Edit: Somebody just asked me to mimic the thumb on her right hand. I can't do it. Thumbs don't bend like that.
Hmm, well, I think you and the artist should have a contest, he'll do an archery portion, and you can do a game art portion.

Poor attempt at humour aside, I get what you're saying now, but I'd call it a few minor art hiccups (that apparently a lot of people don't notice, me being one of them), rather than incompetent character. Deadlines and all that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62098 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:42 am »

Her sleeve also appears to be hooked to her belt?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62099 on: November 03, 2014, 09:59:24 am »

Handguard?

One end of the bow seems longer and the curve is different.

Her sleeve also appears to be hooked to her belt?

I thought that too, but it's actually whatever she is wearing on her wrist.
Pages: 1 ... 4138 4139 [4140] 4141 4142 ... 11040