Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4117 4118 [4119] 4120 4121 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441954 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61770 on: October 29, 2014, 05:43:47 pm »

-snip-
Also, how the fuck did they type ANYTHING on their phone? I can barely do coherent SENTENCES on touchscreens.
She's a teenager, explaining the typing part, and her grammar and sentence structure sucks on a keyboard so it's probably worse on a phone. I want to get her to send it to me so that I can fix everything with my Grammar Nazitm brand spellcheck.

And now you must introduce her to DF. Someone who gets that much enjoyment from killing off characters will be like a duck in water when they play DF.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Duly noted. :P

@friendAwesomeness: I know, it's why I like her. ;D

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61771 on: October 29, 2014, 06:04:01 pm »

Classmate asked me to type up a report for a project we are doing. Then I had to email the document back to her.

Why is this weird? Because the report I was given wasn't done in writing. It was already typed up and printed on paper. I don't understand.

I was also told that I wouldn't be doing any of the editing, since I use words that are too big and hard to understand.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #61772 on: October 29, 2014, 06:06:44 pm »

Well, at least she complimented your intelligence. It's always nice when people do that, even if theirs is sorely lacking.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61773 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:19 pm »

Boy, that's some über-clever sarcasm

I don't want to be subtle about my disdain for that stupid shit.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61774 on: October 29, 2014, 06:17:19 pm »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61775 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:41 pm »

Cat Poop Coffee

See my previous post.

(nah not really people's tastes are their own as long as they don't DERIDE OTHER'S TASTES jesus christ I hate defeners)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61776 on: October 29, 2014, 06:28:10 pm »

Classmate asked me to type up a report for a project we are doing. Then I had to email the document back to her.

Why is this weird? Because the report I was given wasn't done in writing. It was already typed up and printed on paper. I don't understand.

I was also told that I wouldn't be doing any of the editing, since I use words that are too big and hard to understand.

Oh no, we mustn't strain their poor brains with big words like plate tectonics or astrobiology. :P

Seriously? Unless you actually are going overboard with big and fancy technical words, but this is just.... I dunno.

My wtf facepalm: You know the rocket that exploded yesterday? Apparently it used 40 year old Russian rocket engines. Even if they were American manufactured engines, 40 years is still OLD compared to how much things have changed with rocketry.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61777 on: October 29, 2014, 06:30:46 pm »

astrobiology
That's a real thing? Sounds cool.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61778 on: October 29, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »

Oh no, we mustn't strain their poor brains with big words like plate tectonics or astrobiology. :P

Seriously? Unless you actually are going overboard with big and fancy technical words, but this is just.... I dunno.

I don't think my wording is overly technical. I just think that they just aren't very good with linguistics or grammar.

Words like 'concise' or 'aspect' trip them up.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #61779 on: October 29, 2014, 06:45:07 pm »

astrobiology
That's a real thing? Sounds cool.
Quote from: wikipedia
Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution, and future of life in the universe: extraterrestrial life and life on Earth. This interdisciplinary field encompasses the search for habitable environments in our Solar System and habitable planets outside our Solar System, the search for evidence of prebiotic chemistry, laboratory and field research into the origins and early evolution of life on Earth, and studies of the potential for life to adapt to challenges on Earth and in outer space.[2]
So, in conclusion, hell yeah it's cool.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #61780 on: October 29, 2014, 07:22:23 pm »

Cat Poop Coffee

I have a feeling that this exact topic appeared multiple times on this thread
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61781 on: October 29, 2014, 07:43:35 pm »

Cat Poop Coffee

I have a feeling that this exact topic appeared multiple times on this thread
Probably, times that I come back and there are multiple pages that I have not read.  I skip over to the last page.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61782 on: October 29, 2014, 07:47:08 pm »

My wtf facepalm: You know the rocket that exploded yesterday? Apparently it used 40 year old Russian rocket engines. Even if they were American manufactured engines, 40 years is still OLD compared to how much things have changed with rocketry.

You'd be surprised at how little rocketry has changed in the last few decades. Pretty much all launchers today are heavily based in technology developed during the space race. Hell the Soyuz rocket has been around since the late 60's and it's still the most reliable launch vehicle we've got (not to mention the only one currently sending people to orbit). As long as the engine wasn't physically 40 years old it's not really facepalm worthy.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61783 on: October 29, 2014, 07:54:45 pm »

Alot of it is based on things from before then...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61784 on: October 29, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »

Did you know that the majority of our electrical infrastructure is based on technology discovered before the pyramids were built? Absolutely shocking!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4117 4118 [4119] 4120 4121 ... 11040