Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4045 4046 [4047] 4048 4049 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481520 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60690 on: October 15, 2014, 12:36:06 am »

Or better yet, don't. And then hopefully no one mention it again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #60691 on: October 15, 2014, 12:42:43 am »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60692 on: October 15, 2014, 12:43:47 am »

You wanna know what I find a bit odd?

Two restaurants where I live have a mild or spicy option.

Yet the ONLY difference between the two is they drip on some sort of Spicy sauce.

One place sells spicy chicken and the chicken has spicy sauce dipped on it before it is breaded... The other sells sausages which have spicy sauce drizzled on it.

I understand why both these places do this... but there is something fundamentally wrong in my head when the only difference between spicy and mild is just a near flavorless sauce. HECK I wouldn't be surprised if they both got it from the same supplier.

Anyone else seen this?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #60693 on: October 15, 2014, 12:44:51 am »

So, I like someone that I hate and want to cuddle with said person, but I also want to bring said person down to my level and be miserable with me. (I wouldn't actually do such things I hate and like this person too much) There is my contribution to the topic of WTF.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60694 on: October 15, 2014, 12:48:29 am »

So, I like someone that I hate and want to cuddle with said person, but I also want to bring said person down to my level and be miserable with me. (I wouldn't actually do such things I hate and like this person too much) There is my contribution to the topic of WTF.

Hmmm... So when you like someone you feel this need to cause them pain...

I think there is a condition like that.

Oddly enough I saw a show where a little girl actually was a sanochist (spelled incorrectly) in that she has this innate desire to show affection through pain.

And I don't mean in the typical Tsundere way where the character doesn't know how to handle their feelings and instead shows it through violence.

I just find it interesting because it is such a atypical character trait.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:53:15 am by Neonivek »

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #60695 on: October 15, 2014, 12:52:59 am »

Its only because I also hate this person, I'm not very good at dealing with feelings for people. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60696 on: October 15, 2014, 12:53:59 am »

Its only because I also hate this person, I'm not very good at dealing with feelings for people. c:

Ohhh... Then you are unfortunately suffering from Tsundere Syndrome.

There is no cure.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60697 on: October 15, 2014, 01:58:20 am »

Strange day.

Classmate was late to class due to a car crash. Some idiot decided to make a left hand turn from the wrong lane, and she ended up hitting him when he cut in front of her. She's considered the one at fault.

We got one of our midterms back today, and the class average is a fail.

Turns out the medication I've been taking for the past month wasn't even a half-dose.

I'm even worse than I thought at non-essay writing, and I had been thinking about just how little time I spend outside of the house.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #60698 on: October 15, 2014, 06:42:09 am »

Just did the laundry.

I have five single socks.

Why.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #60699 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:39 am »

My Unread Replies button and Unread posts button disappeared, along with my little avatar that was next to them. Now all I have is "Hello IronTomato".

THIS IS AN OUTRAEG

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #60700 on: October 15, 2014, 07:05:29 am »

Maximize the thingie again. It's the + at the top right of the page.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #60701 on: October 15, 2014, 09:24:42 am »

Welcome to Club Tsundere, nomoetoe. It's not like we wanted you here or anything, b-baka.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #60702 on: October 15, 2014, 10:03:27 am »

Yeah, Google Translate is blocked at my school, counts as proxy. Which is damn annoying because some of us want to actually translate things occasionally.

Mostly, I just use it to force a case of lost-in-translation by translating a phrase through a chain of distant, unrelated languages, and comparing the result with the original. It gets... odd... at times.
Just type "translate" into google and you get google translate to translate stuff.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #60703 on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:51 am »

Just did the laundry.

I have five single socks.

Why.
This is what happens with socks.

The solution is to wear clothing that conceals the sock-area and proceed to not give a damn. If one sock is vibrant neon green and the other dull pink, no one will care if no one can see them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #60704 on: October 15, 2014, 10:28:34 am »

Yeah, Google Translate is blocked at my school, counts as proxy. Which is damn annoying because some of us want to actually translate things occasionally.

Mostly, I just use it to force a case of lost-in-translation by translating a phrase through a chain of distant, unrelated languages, and comparing the result with the original. It gets... odd... at times.
Just type "translate" into google and you get google translate to translate stuff.
Nah, tried that a while back. Doesn't work with our software.

Different languages ​​are lost and there is no way to compare the translated sentence in the case, I need to use the results of the original transfer. Most of the time, sometimes strange ...... .......

Heehee... Reminds me of the travistificator...
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 4045 4046 [4047] 4048 4049 ... 11037