Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4013 4014 [4015] 4016 4017 ... 11035

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14359279 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60210 on: October 08, 2014, 11:48:23 pm »

what did David Letterman's joke "Like being on Willie Nelson's Bus" that he made after Miku sung mean? I didn't get it.

The show was quite cringeworthy btw.

Oh, that was today?  I might have to go check that out.  Just to see which song they used.
It was in english. Nobody could understand a word since her voice is so high pitched
It's FEF, not FEOF

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60211 on: October 08, 2014, 11:49:15 pm »

Question for Bay12ers who do fighting or did fighting things: how do you get past the mental block of not wanting to hurt people? I need to do that.
Erm...
Without knowing the context, I have no idea.

I don't do fighting things anyway.  Highly personally distasteful for me personally to do such a thing, though I have no problem with people who do/did.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60212 on: October 09, 2014, 12:01:06 am »

what did David Letterman's joke "Like being on Willie Nelson's Bus" that he made after Miku sung mean? I didn't get it.

Oh, that was today?  I might have to go check that out.  Just to see which song they used.
It was in english. Nobody could understand a word since her voice is so high pitched
Well that'd be a train wreck.  Should've just left her in Japanese. 

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #60213 on: October 09, 2014, 12:06:31 am »

Well that'd be a train wreck.  Should've just left her in Japanese.
Spoiler: 4Chan's reaction (click to show/hide)

Here's the clip of her on it. This is how the show ended.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:19:17 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #60214 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:26 am »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60215 on: October 09, 2014, 12:17:04 am »

My old ass-PS3 crashes whenever I use it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60216 on: October 09, 2014, 12:18:04 am »

-snip-
Meh. I agree on some points, disagree on others. My issue with Phaselock is that it's 1) clearly designed for co-op play, and 2) incredibly static and not particularly interesting. Sure, it's a useful tool for single-target DPS, but it's boring to use in all situations and difficult to use when there's more than one enemy around. Same deal with the rest of Maya's kit: her CC is set up for sustained firefights, and her survivability stuff all requires you to be hurt. Lilith's kit was oriented around mobility and avoiding damage while doing burst DPS; Maya's acts more like a tank. It's valid, I suppose, but the theme feels weaker and is (for me) much less interesting to play.

I'm not saying I want Phasewalk Round 2: Electric Boogaloo (though I would be completely fine with that), just an enjoyable dynamic centered around an interesting ability. Given the nature of Siren space magic, it could be plenty of things, I can think of a few right off the top of my head: Activate for a movespeed boost, a DoT aura, and fire while sprinting; for a blink-teleport/fast movement that does elemental damage in a line from your starting point to end point with a burst at the end, reset cooldown when it kills; once to pull all enemies within a radius towards you and knock them down, dealing minor damage, then a second time to blast them away, dealing more damage with bonus if they hit obstacles. Stuff like that, which encourages an active, high-mobility playstyle while providing a way to get out of danger if you go too deep. Phaselock is a great tool if you're playing co-op with a group of friends, but it's meh outside of that setting (and boring regardless if you don't like being a healbot/CC dispenser).

As for what it actually did, aside from the elemental damage and melee synergy: invisibility and increased movement speed for the duration, in exchange for not being able to shoot.

* Flying Dice shrugs.

Difference of opinion, I suppose. I just sort of regret the wasted possibilities with BL2. Though BL did piss me off plenty when Gearbox removed some of the red crates from New Haven so they could sell more DLC. Also, patching weapon editing to remove the really absurdly funny possibilities, because what else are you supposed to do once you've hit the level cap, have a hundred high-grade legit weapons, and are basically just tooling around with your buddies? Heh, I remember a shotgun I had with enough knockback to fling someone to the edge of the map without actually killing them until they landed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #60218 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:47 am »

-snip-
-snap-
Oh god, it's terrifying.
So yeah to sum it up this was an embarrassment for everyone involved.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60219 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:49 am »

Look the big issue with phaselock is simple...

It doesn't work on bosses...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60220 on: October 09, 2014, 12:57:24 am »

Hmm. I don't know too much about the games, but I think the best solution would be to have Phaselock's cooldown time depend on what you're using it on.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60221 on: October 09, 2014, 01:05:22 am »

Here's a song about someone either

A) Deriving sexual pleasure from eating a tarantula and then regretting it half way through

Or,

B) Facing your arachnophobia by literally Eating A Fucking Tarantula.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60222 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:55 am »

what did David Letterman's joke "Like being on Willie Nelson's Bus" that he made after Miku sung mean?
Have some context.

Question for Bay12ers who do fighting or did fighting things: how do you get past the mental block of not wanting to hurt people? I need to do that.
Remind yourself that a) you're in a controlled environment and b) it's exactly what they signed up for. Look, those people in your dojo are paying good money to get better at martial arts. How are you going to stack up if they give 100% and you don't? How will they know, not only what you're capable of, but what they're capable of if you hold back? They are in that room to have their limits pushed, and sometimes that hurts a little. Most importantly, trust your technique. If they've been trained to the same point you have been, you should be an even match, aside from physical tools, but don't underestimate pure, perfect technique.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:38:25 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #60223 on: October 09, 2014, 01:41:09 am »

Hmm. Need to trust technique more then, I'm guessing. I've never actually gotten in a fight or anything, but on a few occasions have hit people, mostly because they were being so goddamn annoying that no other course of action was physically possible; in both cases I sent the person staggering back several feet and in one case reduced them to tears (though to be fair I did kick them square in the nuts). Gotta get more control while simultaneously letting myself try to hit the person so I have something to control.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60224 on: October 09, 2014, 01:43:54 am »

did i ever tell you that my mother decided one day that i needed to be taught misogyny

this would make a tiniest shred of sense were it my father but sure why not i guess

i just recalled it after looking at a class picture from fifth grade of wizerd school

vOv
Pages: 1 ... 4013 4014 [4015] 4016 4017 ... 11035