Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3989 3990 [3991] 3992 3993 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14416426 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59850 on: October 03, 2014, 02:13:44 pm »

Huh, so first Shadow of Mordor, and now Alien: Isolation.
Two licensed games, and both getting really positive reviews. Remember when "movie tie-in" was a death knell for a game?

That was pretty much only ever true for games that came out around the same times as the movie.

In fact, neither of those are movie tie-ins; they're only tie-ins if the movie's coming out around the same time and the game is designed to capitalize on that. Spider-Man 2 was a good movie tie-in and IIRC the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game had a better story than the movie, but in general good movie-based games come out years after the movies do (Goldeneye, Shadow of Morder, Alien: Isolation all count for this).

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59851 on: October 03, 2014, 03:36:39 pm »

Hey, guys!

Lucca has a wikipedia page!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59852 on: October 03, 2014, 03:42:29 pm »

Rangers.  Seriously fucked up boys.  I have some of the 'tweaks' they do, but I'm missing that thing.  And the experience of killing a man.  That too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59853 on: October 03, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »

A co-worker called me "bashful".

I-I'm not bashful...
Not at all...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #59854 on: October 03, 2014, 04:28:28 pm »

Play Galciv 2

Win Galciv 2

There were some weird shenanigans towards the end as far as why the /Drengin/ of all races decided to surrender to /me/, playing a good-aligned Human Democracy. But the real WTF here is afterwards, in the fridge.

You see, I saw that I won the game in seven years. In GalCiv time, not bad at all, even considering I was playing a very quick game. For a second it looked like the Kryyn would dominate the galaxy, but I managed to ally them and everyone but the drengin, who then surrendered to me, giving me their worlds and the diplo victory.

The WTF is that my population of 8 billion people had become ~70 billion+. In seven years.

Let that sink in.

8 billion adults. I think the total was 78 billion or something similar. which means 70 billion people were born within seven years. 70 billion seven year olds. 8 billion adults.

EVERYONE IN MY EMPIRE WAS A MINOR.
EVERYONE.
THERE WERE WHOLE COLONIES FULL OF NOTHING BUT TODDLERS AND INFANTS.
MY MILITARY WAS 25% OF THE TOTAL ADULT POPULATION.

I know the future belongs to the children is a phrase, but you didn't need to take it so seriously, game.
I mean Wow. How many babies per day is that? Like, 300? Bitches literally giving birth to the battle of Thermopylae and still have time to work the factories to make colony ships and bubblegum.
Daycare must be booming.
My entire economy is centered around baby formula and diaper manufacturing.
70 BILLION BABIES IN SPACE.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59855 on: October 03, 2014, 04:30:38 pm »

My sides...

Oh gods my sides....

I'm laughing so hard :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59856 on: October 03, 2014, 04:42:41 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29458143

Since there's no stupid thread any more...

It seems a fair few people are going into GPs thinking they know what's best for them because an app or the internet said so.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's mostly old people. Since they seem to clog the arteries of the GP's office anyway, queueing up outside right as it opens so that the entire morning half of the day is taken up by people in perfectly fine health.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59857 on: October 03, 2014, 04:44:20 pm »

So. Hallowe'en is coming!
Today we learned the school will allow us to come in costumes two days before it happens.
Only rules:
1. No inapropiate clothing.
2. No crossdressing.

At hearing the second rule, people started loudly (and apparently jokingly) complaining, because they said it was, "discrimination against homosexuals".

>:(

also, HAWNK
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #59858 on: October 03, 2014, 04:46:40 pm »

GalCiv
I bet your workforce was ecstatic when production centered on making more people. Best seven years in your civilization's existence; only to be followed by many decades of agony and regret. So many screams, and it's not even the death throes of your people or enemies; just a bunch of crap that needed to be cleaned up.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59859 on: October 03, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »

Galciv

Or, even more crazy, is that a solid portion of those 70 billion are alien immigrants from the other species you are allied with, and presumably trading with. That would make humanity a minority (but possibly a plurality) within the Human Civilization. And that doesn't even consider immigration the other way.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59860 on: October 03, 2014, 04:51:47 pm »

At hearing the second rule, people started loudly (and apparently jokingly) complaining, because they said it was, "discrimination against homosexuals".

My "Take everything seriously" OCD is kicking in.

Oddly enough many crossdressers, though I'd never be able to pull the statistics but it is a sizable chunk if not most, are actually straight.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59861 on: October 03, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »

Was given a 'coupon' for a fast food place by my mom today. Closer inspection of the 'coupon' revealed it to be a photocopy of a coupon.

I don't know what she was thinking. I didn't try to use it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59862 on: October 03, 2014, 05:59:47 pm »

Was given a 'coupon' for a fast food place by my mom today. Closer inspection of the 'coupon' revealed it to be a photocopy of a coupon.

I don't know what she was thinking. I didn't try to use it.

Sadly... there was a chance that coupon was real.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #59863 on: October 03, 2014, 06:01:01 pm »

A co-worker called me "bashful".

I-I'm not bashful...
Not at all...
one of us one of us one of us
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59864 on: October 03, 2014, 06:21:15 pm »

People getting mad at The Long Dark for portraying wolves as fucking you up. It's not even like it's unrealistic, wolves in -20C weather would very probably be hungry enough to take advantage of a harmless, if small, meal.
And it certainly beats saying that wolves are cuddly and friendly. Excessive caution won't get people killed.

I'm going to guess it's either furries or... uh... no yeah it's probably furries behind most of it.
[tumblrite]How dare you accuse such an innocent animal as a wolf of killing people, that's just a lie spread by Republicans to oppress us. I was a wolf in a past life, which is why I'm unable to work and therefore my parents should take care of me. Also, one of my headmates is a transwolf. You have no idea the horrible oppression we have to face on a day to day basis. You're so offensive. You need to check your fucking singleist, ableist privilege. You are literally garbage. #wolf #headmates #transwolf #singleist #ableist #privilege[/tumblrite]
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 3989 3990 [3991] 3992 3993 ... 11038