Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3988 3989 [3990] 3991 3992 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14416610 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59835 on: October 03, 2014, 11:18:09 am »

Ah, there's a huge AskReddit thread that's kinda like that. It's filled with people sharing stuff.

That thread is not a happy place. A depressingly large part of it is people talking (often for the first time) about sexual abuse they suffered from family members / close friends.

Not all of it's sad though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:21:01 am by Dutchling »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59836 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:26 am »

People getting mad at The Long Dark for portraying wolves as fucking you up. It's not even like it's unrealistic, wolves in -20C weather would very probably be hungry enough to take advantage of a harmless, if small, meal.
And it certainly beats saying that wolves are cuddly and friendly. Excessive caution won't get people killed.

I'm going to guess it's either furries or... uh... no yeah it's probably furries behind most of it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59837 on: October 03, 2014, 11:21:48 am »

I have no idea what those are, but I will still think less of you.

People send PMs to a guy on Imgur (usually anonymously) about embarrassing/disgusting things they've done. He then posts them.

Obviously they know that he'll do that. Probably why most are anonymous.

So crappy LiveJournal confession communities turned into crappy Tumblr confession blogs, and now that's turned into confession gimmick imgur accounts?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59838 on: October 03, 2014, 11:30:15 am »

People getting mad at The Long Dark for portraying wolves as fucking you up. It's not even like it's unrealistic, wolves in -20C weather would very probably be hungry enough to take advantage of a harmless, if small, meal.
And it certainly beats saying that wolves are cuddly and friendly. Excessive caution won't get people killed.

I'm going to guess it's either furries or... uh... no yeah it's probably furries behind most of it.
Makes me remember my wish for there was a middle point between "totally harmless" and "fucking your shit up even if they have to run off a cliff to kill you" in videogame enemies. Especially animals. The Forest is pretty good for that. Hell, the first time I died wasn't because I got killed by a cannibal, it was just that a cannibal was facing me off aggressively and I accidentally set myself on fire by accident. I like encounters like that in a videogame, where you aren't sure what the NPC is planning.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59839 on: October 03, 2014, 11:57:46 am »

I have no idea what those are, but I will still think less of you.

People send PMs to a guy on Imgur (usually anonymously) about embarrassing/disgusting things they've done. He then posts them.

Obviously they know that he'll do that. Probably why most are anonymous.

So crappy LiveJournal confession communities turned into crappy Tumblr confession blogs, and now that's turned into confession gimmick imgur accounts?
I don't even think it's a gimmick imgur account, just some dude who puts togheter amusing and/or fucked up confessions and posts them for internet points/other people to laugh at.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59840 on: October 03, 2014, 11:59:22 am »

I... I might be being head hunted for the deputy headship of a rival department to my own. This is an... unusual thing.
This is a blank sig.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59841 on: October 03, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »

I... I might be being head hunted for the deputy headship of a rival department to my own. This is an... unusual thing.

What.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59842 on: October 03, 2014, 12:16:28 pm »

Job shenanigans. As in, someone seems to be offering me a better one. There might be strings attached.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59843 on: October 03, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know what to do padawan.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59844 on: October 03, 2014, 12:21:59 pm »

Fuck everyone over to get more dollah?
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59845 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

Fuck everyone over to get more dollah?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59846 on: October 03, 2014, 12:25:46 pm »

I am so going to dress like that for the interview thingy, case of cash and all..
This is a blank sig.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59847 on: October 03, 2014, 12:29:13 pm »

You should probably wear pants and shoes, but I'll give you license to dance on the table.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59848 on: October 03, 2014, 12:31:06 pm »

* MonkeyHead dances on table, gorillion dollahs going all over the place...
Appointments panel: "Would you mind explaining what you are doing?"
Me: "Do you want to get punched into the sun?"
This is a blank sig.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #59849 on: October 03, 2014, 02:04:41 pm »

I gave myself a gentle love tap on the chin while I was walking. I must have hit a sore or something, because when it connected IT HURT MORE THEN GETTING STABBED JESUS CHRIST
I had to walk home in my own neighborhood clutching my face and loudly swearing. DID I MENTION I WAS WEARING A HOODED ARMY JACKET? With this and that time me and two friends realized we looked exactly like we were doing a drug deal, I am making a great impression around here.

But you didn't have a Russian-made, fully automatic sniper rifle with you, now, did you? :P

Metro train doors: made out of tin foil and hope in the World of Darkness verse. Thanks, Storytelling rules!

Daaaaamn, I miss that game now ;_;
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3988 3989 [3990] 3991 3992 ... 11038