Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3987 3988 [3989] 3990 3991 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14416794 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59820 on: October 03, 2014, 08:43:51 am »

So they call New Orleans "New Orleens", but they call Arkansas "Arkansaw"? America, why. Is this related to the whole Imperial system thing?
If you're going to WTF about anything, WTF about the fact that Arkansas and Kansas don't have remotely similar pronunciations.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59821 on: October 03, 2014, 09:44:11 am »

Huh, so first Shadow of Mordor, and now Alien: Isolation.
Two licensed games, and both getting really positive reviews. Remember when "movie tie-in" was a death knell for a game?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59822 on: October 03, 2014, 09:54:45 am »

SoM looks really sweet.

Almost makes me wish Steam didn't exist so I could pirate it. I'm too lazy for that now.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59823 on: October 03, 2014, 09:54:52 am »

So they call New Orleans "New Orleens", but they call Arkansas "Arkansaw"? America, why. Is this related to the whole Imperial system thing?

If you're going to WTF about anything, WTF about the fact that Arkansas and Kansas don't have remotely similar pronunciations.

It's no weirder than through and rough. English is weird.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59824 on: October 03, 2014, 09:57:35 am »

i before e except after c ... weird.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59825 on: October 03, 2014, 10:10:54 am »

Well, you might suggest english is weird - but New Orleans is French, Arkansas and Kansas are derived from two different Native American languages.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59826 on: October 03, 2014, 10:13:32 am »

Wait, wait, Arkansaw and Arkansas are two different places?
o_o

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #59827 on: October 03, 2014, 10:26:15 am »

For some bizarre reason, I'm finding myself mildly drawn to the idea of having an affair with a suburban soccer mom.

Why?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59828 on: October 03, 2014, 10:28:23 am »

For some bizarre reason, I'm finding myself mildly drawn to the idea of having an affair with a suburban soccer mom.

Why?

No idea... I mean it isn't like someone who is nurturing, attentive, and has a healthy attitude towards athletics has any sort of attractive qualities. :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59829 on: October 03, 2014, 10:31:52 am »

Why?
Because Adulty and maturity meet to provide a reality benign affair.  Cougar/Responsible Mom be awesome.  As a preferer of older women myself I find several ways to go why discussing why, but its not unnatural.

I wouldn't automatically qualify it as healthy or viable, depending on exactly whats going on.  Like any relationship, really.  Look into yourself and be open/honest as to why you might want this or be exploring it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59830 on: October 03, 2014, 10:38:30 am »

I gave myself a gentle love tap on the chin while I was walking. I must have hit a sore or something, because when it connected IT HURT MORE THEN GETTING STABBED JESUS CHRIST
I had to walk home in my own neighborhood clutching my face and loudly swearing. DID I MENTION I WAS WEARING A HOODED ARMY JACKET? With this and that time me and two friends realized we looked exactly like we were doing a drug deal, I am making a great impression around here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59831 on: October 03, 2014, 10:38:46 am »

Why?
We all are, FootJob, we all are.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59832 on: October 03, 2014, 10:49:10 am »

I have no idea what those are, but I will still think less of you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #59833 on: October 03, 2014, 11:02:31 am »

I gave myself a gentle love tap on the chin while I was walking. I must have hit a sore or something, because when it connected IT HURT MORE THEN GETTING STABBED JESUS CHRIST
I had to walk home in my own neighborhood clutching my face and loudly swearing. DID I MENTION I WAS WEARING A HOODED ARMY JACKET? With this and that time me and two friends realized we looked exactly like we were doing a drug deal, I am making a great impression around here.

But you didn't have a Russian-made, fully automatic sniper rifle with you, now, did you? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59834 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:09 am »

But you didn't have a Russian-made, fully automatic sniper rifle with you, now, did you? :P

Metro train doors: made out of tin foil and hope in the World of Darkness verse. Thanks, Storytelling rules!
Pages: 1 ... 3987 3988 [3989] 3990 3991 ... 11038