Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3968 3969 [3970] 3971 3972 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14419601 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59535 on: September 30, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »

Well my point is that the Teacher was not very well educated on their own beliefs, and known little about the opposition, too. Know thy enemy, but first Know Thyself, and all that.

KKK members are those people who cover their faces and wear giant white dunce caps for the sake of "racial purity", right? :P

Flabort is a creationist and yet believes in evolution (or at least agrees some form of evolution exists)? wat.
The issue is that the two are obviously not mutually exclusive.
I believe that micro-evolution exists, but evolution is not the reason we are here or what drives us; I digress, this is turning into a derail, although I guess the topic IS "WTF is Flabort saying?!".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59536 on: September 30, 2014, 06:44:11 pm »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #59537 on: September 30, 2014, 06:44:37 pm »

-idiotsnip-
And I thought the shitty pseudoscience they handed us in Health was bad.

* Tawarochir flips through his spellbook to find the best one to destroy whoever the hell came up with that stuff

What do you guys think, Meteor Swarm his house or use Dominate Monster and tell him to jump off a cliff? :P
Nah, Dominate Monster to make them cast Meteor Swarm while falling off of a cliff.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59538 on: September 30, 2014, 06:45:52 pm »

I believe that micro-evolution exists

"i believe that advances in technology exist, but i don't believe that cell phones came from computers"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59539 on: September 30, 2014, 06:46:23 pm »

I believe that micro-evolution exists
Okay I can sympathise with greatorder now. This particular statement grinds my gears even though there's no reason why it should more than anything else.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma841be9SY1qgmwa0o1_1280.jpg

oy
For those of us who don't frequent wherever this is, what game is that for?

League of Legends
Doesn't LoL render things in 3d though? So it's perfectly possible to distinguish body shapes without sticking water balloons on the front.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #59540 on: September 30, 2014, 06:50:52 pm »

[sarcasm]An abstinence education‽ What are they teaching kids these days‽ That abstaining from sex keeps you from having babies? The very thought![/sarcasm]

No, abstinence only education, which actually results in teenagers having more babies.  Its what happens when adults care more about stopping premarital sex than they do about the health of children.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma841be9SY1qgmwa0o1_1280.jpg

oy
I want to insult it but it insults itself.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #59541 on: September 30, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »

Flabort, speaking as one Christian to another: you're not gonna win an argument here. Bay12 is a place that would be more accepting to others than most, but it's still pretty durn left-wing. I'm not saying don't defend your beliefs, I'm saying know when to fold them. 'When to fold them' may not be now, but I guarantee you that pursuing an argument will not end with you winning.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59542 on: September 30, 2014, 06:56:34 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59543 on: September 30, 2014, 06:57:38 pm »

Also, they brought in Guinsoo? The guy who thought that a hero with two summons, one of which revives dead bodies that the hero can generate himself every 2.5 seconds and the ultimate of which makes self-replicating units which don't get damaged by 90% of attacks thrown at them was a good idea?

Flabort, speaking as one Christian to another: you're not gonna win an argument here. Bay12 is a place that would be more accepting to others than most, but it's still pretty durn left-wing. I'm not saying don't defend your beliefs, I'm saying know when to fold them. 'When to fold them' may not be now, but I guarantee you that pursuing an argument will not end with you winning.

I respect beliefs, but denial of reality is a bit far.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59544 on: September 30, 2014, 07:02:01 pm »

Speaking as a Christian; young-earth creationism is silly. Granted, that doesn't mean I like to think humans evolved from apes, but the general idea of interpreting a book as scientific fact when it was written thousands of years before "science" existed...

Hang on, let's not pile up of flabort. Sorry, flabort.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59545 on: September 30, 2014, 07:05:10 pm »

I'unno, you might be able to manage a truce of some sort so long as you're not a young earth creationist. There's a relatively large amount of shrug room involved in the big bang and whatnot.

And... Putnam, your vaguely fetishistic obsession with LoL is showing again. Can't be healthy, that. Just... just go play the bloody game, once, so you can say you did, and then go back to playing DotA and ignoring LoL, like sane people that dislike the latter do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #59546 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:41 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59547 on: September 30, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »

@Sex Ed:

Abstinence only education? :P

And on masturbation? Pray tell, what would happen if you had sex a lot. Same thing or different because reasons.
[sarcasm]An abstinence education‽ What are they teaching kids these days‽ That abstaining from sex keeps you from having babies? The very thought![/sarcasm]

What I got was that sex did all these bad things and that only abstaining kept you safe from stds. I did not mean to imply that teaching people about mod having babies is a bad thing. Apologies. Again.

Damn I am late getting to this. Damn you tf2 :P

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #59548 on: September 30, 2014, 07:11:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I bow to your wisdom, and I hide my argument in the spoiler.
Heh. It's a good way to kill time, though, I'll admit that.

I'unno, you might be able to manage a truce of some sort so long as you're not a young earth creationist.
The heck is that? *googles*
Ah.
That's an essay for another day. Not going to touch that issue with a ten-thousand foot pole right now. :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59549 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:19 pm »

saying it needs to be worldwide change to be proven is moving the goalposts

* Descan paps flabort on the face with a dictionary

theory doesn't mean guess you dingus
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3968 3969 [3970] 3971 3972 ... 11038