Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3933 3934 [3935] 3936 3937 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14419213 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59010 on: September 25, 2014, 10:06:45 am »

That moment in a dream where the person you're riding along with starts to wish they had taken the serrated/mechanical/chainsaw teeth upgrade, to be able to bite through through metal. To be fair, the were themselves part cyborg and being chased by a murderous amalgamation of something along the lines of a roboticized cobra commander, an octopus, fifteen different sorts of woodchippers, and probably a C&C tesla coil*, but...

*Imagine cobra commader, but with those giant jaws-of-life type 40k ork maws, tentacle limbs, massive electrical output, and blendy-bit basically everywhere. Also it is very fast, can climb walls, and wants to eat you. Oddly enough, it wasn't a nightmare, just a rather lengthy action sequence the point of view character was... well, about to lose, because commander will-it-blend had just tunneled into an insufficiently competent minion and basically crushed it from the inside while yelling about its lack of performance, and was about to stop being momentarily distracted and go back to chasing the poor main character. Good dream, but the kind you wake up from wanting to take a nap from vicarious exhaustion.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59011 on: September 25, 2014, 10:10:08 am »

That whole mess going down in Denver with their school board trying to censor the history curriculum to remove the bad parts of American history to be "more patriotic". Who the heck thought that would be a good idea. Thankfully the teachers and students alike in their schools have pretty much gone on strike on protest of it.
I thought it was Texas that wanted to mess with textbooks for ill-advised reasons, apparently its spread to Denver now?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #59012 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12:33 am »

Eeyup
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59013 on: September 25, 2014, 10:12:54 am »

Yay patriotism~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #59014 on: September 25, 2014, 11:08:41 am »

That whole mess going down in Denver with their school board trying to censor the history curriculum to remove the bad parts of American history to be "more patriotic". Who the heck thought that would be a good idea. Thankfully the teachers and students alike in their schools have pretty much gone on strike on protest of it.
I thought it was Texas that wanted to mess with textbooks for ill-advised reasons, apparently its spread to Denver now?

You know, due to the way people tend to work, this is an excellent project if you want to raise a generation of internationalists.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59015 on: September 25, 2014, 02:02:35 pm »

Out of curiosity, I just searched the "tropes vs. women" thread and discovered that, in almost 4000 replies, Toady has not shown up once. I.... I'm genuinely impressed, considering the fate of a bunch of the other threads in that vein. *confused applause*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59016 on: September 25, 2014, 02:13:54 pm »

I thought of a movie I seen a long time ago about a journalist who goes back to highschool under cover to write an article on youth today.

So in the movie she falls inlove with a teacher there and after she reveals who she is... then in her article she asks that they date or something like that...

And he does.

And after that I cannot HELP but to think that if this movie took place in real life (and that the whole undercover grown up was legal and stuff)... That parents would REALLY be looking at this MALE TEACHER WHO FELL INLOVE WITH ONE OF HIS FEMALE STUDENTS with a lot more scrutiny then the movie depicts it.

I think the Teacher might have employment problems after the movie concludes.

Mind you, this doesn't ruin the movie for me like School of Rock does.

Because School of Rock sort of intentionally skips over the natural consequences of his actions... and everything works out because the plot says so... Everyone understands because all the things that COULD make them mad is luckily skipped over or ignored.

While this movie is more wish fulfillment. Everything works out because no one is really made and everyone is understanding. Nothing is really left out to complicate the conclusion.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:18:02 pm by Neonivek »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59017 on: September 25, 2014, 02:22:10 pm »

Somehow, the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask got stuck in my head today, those notes playing over and over in my head in some kind of demented theme song for my day.

I don't think I'm ever going to forget those notes.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #59018 on: September 25, 2014, 02:26:24 pm »

ahhhhahhhhahhhh ahhhhahhhahhh
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59019 on: September 25, 2014, 02:29:28 pm »

Fight Club: Everything Wrong with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWftn6rrn4Q
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59020 on: September 25, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »

Somehow, the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask got stuck in my head today, those notes playing over and over in my head in some kind of demented theme song for my day.

You've been met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #59021 on: September 25, 2014, 02:50:39 pm »

You've been met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Koss...
You shouldn't have done that...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #59022 on: September 25, 2014, 02:52:53 pm »

Out of curiosity, I just searched the "tropes vs. women" thread and discovered that, in almost 4000 replies, Toady has not shown up once. I.... I'm genuinely impressed, considering the fate of a bunch of the other threads in that vein. *confused applause*
That thread is... odd.  When I was still paying attention to it 1/3 of the time it was as advertised, the rest it was used as a sort of unofficial Bay12 feminism thread while one or two people talked about Anita.

Also your search-fu needs work.  I just searched the thread for the word "chill".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59023 on: September 25, 2014, 02:55:46 pm »

Ah, Toady.

I want "Let us retain our Chill Composure" on a shirt.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59024 on: September 25, 2014, 03:11:30 pm »

"maintain", I'm fairly sure.

And I wonder if Toady would be up to merchandising that, as opposed to DF itself? :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 3933 3934 [3935] 3936 3937 ... 11038