Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3909 3910 [3911] 3912 3913 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426451 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #58650 on: September 20, 2014, 01:26:57 pm »

Hitler had some interesting ideas regarding cheese manufacturing.

The point in history in which the Swiss were most threatened by invasion was during WWII, when Adolf Hitler threatened to invade the country because it was the only country near Germany he had not yet invaded, it had a funny name, and Bavarians claimed it smelled "funny" (this is the full extent of Bavarian humour). Luckily, the Swiss prevented an imminent German invasion by promising to pay Hitler a tribute 17 tons (including holes) of cheese, 19 tons of chocolate, 200 milk maids, and 17 goats who possessed mustaches similar to Hitler. The Swiss were to pay the tribute every seven months, as long as the Germans stayed at least 39.5 feet (12.0396 metres) from the Swiss border. Hitler gave all the chocolate to his girlfriend, Eva, and allowed the milk maids and goats to run free at his secret hidden lair in the German countryside. Hitler planned on fermenting the cheese and then using it to build a deadly flatulence-based mega bomb to end the War once and for all, but, after an accident that compelled an evacuation of most of Bavaria, the plans were abandoned.

You're telling me you don't support this man?

/derail'd

so what you're saying is if hitler came to power in the netherlands we'd all be going tulp tulp tulp and putting clogs in our sinks

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58651 on: September 20, 2014, 01:29:08 pm »

If you two don't want to talk about Tubmlr hate stop hating on Tumblr.  Otherwise you're just going to have to accept that people will respond to you, and may do it in public pages.
Yeah. I don't want to do this here. PM me if you really want to press it.
Made relevant part clear.
The problem is that it would quickly fill the thread with vitriol, which most of the other posters don't want to see.
Yes, and I'm saying you don't get to make blanket statements like "Tumblr users are whiners" and then hide away all the well deserved criticism you'll receive in PMs.  Or assume that others want to PM you.
"Sometimes I think that black people just need to learn that white people are superior to them"
"I'm black and this offends me"
"Woah, calm down! Take it to PMs if you're gonna argue with me!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58652 on: September 20, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »

The more frustrating thing is now anything that is popular is now a "terrible thing" because idiots go there and clearly there is nothing but idiots.

Which has been said about Bay12 twice.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58653 on: September 20, 2014, 01:30:22 pm »

"Sometimes I think that black people just need to learn that white people are superior to them"

It's almost as if this is a public forum where you can make your case instead of this, but screw all that right. You're showing why the discussion needs to end, thanks.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58654 on: September 20, 2014, 01:32:20 pm »

The more frustrating thing is now anything that is popular is now a "terrible thing" because idiots go there and clearly there is nothing but idiots.

Which has been said about Bay12 twice.

DF2006 > DF2014
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58655 on: September 20, 2014, 01:33:05 pm »

agreeing with mict disturbs me but df06 had some nice things which are yet to be reintroduced

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58656 on: September 20, 2014, 01:35:18 pm »

Economy?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58657 on: September 20, 2014, 01:37:00 pm »

technically speaking we still had economy later

also guilds and the like

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58658 on: September 20, 2014, 01:38:44 pm »

I'm trying to think of what features are missing from 2014 compared to 2006.. I think all that *really* is different feature-wise is the river/chasm unit spawn and the economy/currency stuff that hardly worked [ended up in your three legendary crafters getting all the goods possible due to sheer job volume], I did still enjoy having stacks of 1 coins everywhere. Guilds didn't work AFAIK. And a couple other silly things that broke, Toady disabled it till he can fix it. With the living world economy I wouldn't doubt that another shot at the economy/currency system is in the near future.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:40:40 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58659 on: September 20, 2014, 01:42:13 pm »

It's almost as if this is a public forum where you can make your case instead of this, but screw all that right. You're showing why the discussion needs to end, thanks.
A couple things:
One, this post makes no sense. You just told me I should have continued the discussion, and then immediately afterward said it should end.
Two, that's assuming there was a discussion to begin with. He made a blanket statement that I didn't agree with. I told him this, and asked him to back it up. Someone else decided to say we needed to back off, and he jumped on that immediately so he could get out of actually explaining himself.
That's not a discussion. No ideas were exchanged. He barely even acknowledged I posted.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58660 on: September 20, 2014, 01:47:22 pm »

Someone make tumblr thread, we need a place that can contain this so other threads will avoid lockdown.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58661 on: September 20, 2014, 01:47:35 pm »

This fire could've been entirely avoided if certain posters didn't think they could start deriding certain issues without it starting said fire. This isn't a person's private "HAR HAR TUMBLR DUUUUUUM" playground, it's a public forum where these things have started arguments before.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58662 on: September 20, 2014, 01:48:07 pm »

A couple things:
One, this post makes no sense. You just told me I should have continued the discussion, and then immediately afterward said it should end.
Two, that's assuming there was a discussion to begin with. He made a blanket statement that I didn't agree with. I told him this, and asked him to back it up. Someone else decided to say we needed to back off, and he jumped on that immediately so he could get out of actually explaining himself.
That's not a discussion. No ideas were exchanged. He barely even acknowledged I posted.

Yeah. Make your post. Make your case. Wait for the counter post. That's how it works. Now you're harping on it and getting extremely defensive and hostile for little more than a personal vendetta.

Back to your regularly scheduled WTF thread.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58663 on: September 20, 2014, 01:48:24 pm »

I'm trying to think of what features are missing from 2014 compared to 2006.. I think all that *really* is different feature-wise is the river/chasm unit spawn and the economy/currency stuff that hardly worked [ended up in your three legendary crafters getting all the goods possible due to sheer job volume], I did still enjoy having stacks of 1 coins everywhere. Guilds didn't work AFAIK. And a couple other silly things that broke, Toady disabled it till he can fix it. With the living world economy I wouldn't doubt that another shot at the economy/currency system is in the near future.

Military that was easy to manage?

That is actually the only reason I find Fortress mode completely unplayable for me... It is just needlessly tedious and annoying.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #58664 on: September 20, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »

Meh. I don't know about that. Instant draft and positioning being more pinpoint helped, you know, when the military wasn't all fighting over 1 or two boots. But I wouldn't exchange the current military for the old any day.  Too much flexibility in equipment, patrols, scheduling.. If I didn't have the ability to equip my militia captains with ceremonial junk on top of their perfectly-matching and dyed outfit I don't know what I'd do with myself. That's the divergence of opinion on micromanagement of the military though, I absolutely yearned for it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:52:05 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 3909 3910 [3911] 3912 3913 ... 11039