Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3888 3889 [3890] 3891 3892 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430353 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #58335 on: September 15, 2014, 04:48:35 pm »

Gonna go watch SNOWPIERCER with some bros over the weekend!

Just putting this here as a sort of thanks, because I just watched and it was... surprisingly good!  :o
Had things that made me wtf both in good and bad way, but in the end the good parts prevailed. There some unusual vibe that prevents me from quite placing it anywhere and that's goooood... But the feeling of confusion is no way near that one when I watched Casshern (2004) just a week or two ago. Ooooh, now THAT was... well I'll just leave this story for some other time, I'll go to bed now. :3
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #58336 on: September 15, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »

Did the threads on that iOS game just get Toadied?
I was about to deliver my analogy:
Bay12 is like a pack of Canadian piranhas, stay on their good side and you can join in with the carnage. Step over the line and they'll politely rip your flesh from your bones and a thank you for coming.

I think it did.  The OP was probably already gone anyway though.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #58337 on: September 15, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

Bay12 is like a pack of Canadian piranhas, stay on their good side and you can join in with the carnage. Step over the line and they'll politely rip your flesh from your bones and a thank you for coming.

I think it did.  The OP was probably already gone anyway though.
I guess I can always share the popcorn with you guys.
* Octobomb passes round the popcorn
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58338 on: September 15, 2014, 05:17:34 pm »

Is mentioning the game a bad thing or was it just the content of those particular threads? Because I'm kind of curious as to what this thing I missed was.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58339 on: September 15, 2014, 06:12:21 pm »

It was... fairly blatant advertising, which is technically against the forum ToS. It slides a bit when devs are involved in the community -- especially before they start hawking their wares -- but when a dev or non-B12 member comes in specifically to advertise, it... gets treated more harshly. Which is why the one in question got splattered. They did, sorta', make an attempt to meander around other places (There was a rage thread post, ferex), but it was a bit too soon and a bit too blatant.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58340 on: September 15, 2014, 06:19:23 pm »

Eh. One that showed up in OG wasn't anything of particular interest. Two short sentences and the picture that doubled as a link, iirc. Picture wasn't even notably eye-catching or whathaveyou. Some kind of sports game, I think? Dunno, don't really care.
Ask not!
Ask!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58341 on: September 15, 2014, 07:26:41 pm »

Took test for a job today, I did well on all but the excel part, which is laughable, because I rock at excel. The computer was not cooperating. I wanna email the HR person a short sample of my work in excel so she knows I'm not stupid (even if she can't use it to determine if I get the job).

SO frustrating.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58342 on: September 15, 2014, 07:36:49 pm »

Probably couldn't hurt. If things go really well (haha, yes, frumple knows ;_;), it could even demonstrate your proactive nature and ability to realize you're working with difficult software, as well as knowing the means to which work around it. All good things!

Well. Sometimes. Ideally good things.
Ask not!
Ask!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58343 on: September 15, 2014, 07:41:35 pm »

Yeah sorry I misread add another 0 to that...

Though yeah the murder rate in the USA is actually going down. Impressive.
Fun fact: In the US, the odds of being struck by lightning, and murdered by someone wielding a rifle, are about the same.

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58344 on: September 15, 2014, 07:46:11 pm »

Damn, they really need to build more lightning rods.

#Missingthepoint
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #58345 on: September 15, 2014, 08:40:27 pm »

Need bullet rods too, obviously.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #58346 on: September 15, 2014, 08:58:23 pm »

So those are... what, orbital drop tungsten rods? Really strong magnets?

Actually, I don't think we're too far off from having recognition software behind high-powered lasers. Then we can strap 'em in highly suggestive places on bipedal robots and the Bullet Rod Thrust Robo Revolution (Also known as "Burter") will save all the world from deadly bullets. By lighting people on fire with energetically irradiated pelvic thrusts.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:08:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #58347 on: September 15, 2014, 09:44:48 pm »

I just fed a couple pages of a DnD game here through Gizoogle.

I both regret that and cannot stop giggling.

Also, gangsters apparently refer to all legs as being "hairy-ass".

EDIT: Mother of Armok, it referred to the character stat Constitution as Constipation. That tears it, I was meant to play Dungeons and Dizzle.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:00:51 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58348 on: September 15, 2014, 09:47:55 pm »

Yeah sorry I misread add another 0 to that...

Though yeah the murder rate in the USA is actually going down. Impressive.
Fun fact: In the US, the odds of being struck by lightning, and murdered by someone wielding a rifle, are about the same.

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8
If we're going to actually look at this evenhandedly, the average American is approximately 280 times more likely to be murdered with a firearm than to be killed by lightning. Or, putting the numbers another way around, for the datasets you linked, the average number of murders per year by firearm is 9,262, while the average number of death-by-lightnings per year is 33.

Hell, even if you skew it as much as possible and use only the most recent set of numbers for rifles alone (remembering that the lightning deaths/year is averaged over a number of years and encompasses all varieties of lightning), you're still roughly ten times more likely to be murdered by way of rifle than killed by lightning.

Of course, it'd be a different story if whichever of your family/friends/co-workers that decides to off you could carry around bolts of lightning in their trunk. Actually, imagine if all firearms were replaced with honest Zeus-style flung lightning bolts. Sure, you'd still have the same sort of crime rate, but think about how much more amusing the actual acts would be, never mind the open-carry crowd. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58349 on: September 15, 2014, 09:48:34 pm »

Well, yeah. Kids in the 'hood aren't strapped with rifles. They aren't nearly as easy to stuff into your waistband. Also, they're a lot harder to steal.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3888 3889 [3890] 3891 3892 ... 11039