Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3829 3830 [3831] 3832 3833 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458698 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57450 on: September 01, 2014, 07:58:12 pm »

I like /tg/, but from what I can tell, the rest is generally unfriendly.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #57451 on: September 01, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

I'unno, if it wasn't for some anons from /rlg/, Cata DDA would be missing some of the best features it has.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57452 on: September 01, 2014, 08:00:54 pm »

Also, that isn't why you shouldn't go to /x/. You shouldn't go to /x/ because it's shit in every way, except for a few of the better written skinwalker threads and photo adventures.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57453 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:54 pm »

I like /tg/, but from what I can tell, the rest is generally unfriendly.
I like to lurk /tg/ every now and then.

Haven't gone anywhere else.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57454 on: September 01, 2014, 08:23:33 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R1pA9XJiqfw

Joe Biden gave a speech today.  Skip ahead to about 10:40.  Who is this President Wager that he references?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57455 on: September 01, 2014, 08:28:31 pm »

Also, that isn't why you shouldn't go to /x/. You shouldn't go to /x/ because it's shit in every way, except for a few of the better written skinwalker threads and photo adventures.
/x/ has such an unfortunate history. It actually used to be great then it got flooded by ironic shitposters then actual shitposters. It used to be one of the biggest OC producers of all the boards making creepypastas all day every day and all that, popularizing things other boards have endorsed like tulpas and /mlp/. With the massive exodus of /x/ content producers to other boards like /tg/, it seemed like they would have a new home but then nazi mod drove them away from /tg/ too and at that point they were homeless, making tinfoil threads on /pol/ for spare change.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mootles has driven a nail into 4chan's face from which there is no recovery. All the boards are losing their shit as the wild wild west just died today, rip 4chins.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57456 on: September 01, 2014, 08:35:26 pm »

In summary, 4chan is shit except when it's not, except sometimes it's pretending not to be and it actually is, but it's totally not but for where it is.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57457 on: September 01, 2014, 08:35:52 pm »

You know, if 4chan goes down completely, where will all those people go to? Since it sounds like those people would otherwise be banned on most forums.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57458 on: September 01, 2014, 08:40:52 pm »

In summary, 4chan is shit except when it's not, except sometimes it's pretending not to be and it actually is, but it's totally not but for where it is.
Legitimately it is dead. It just died today. It pissed off a congressman, numerous rich actors, an Olympic gymnast and gotten massive tabloid scorn; nothing new but what's new is that they're complying with takedowns, mods are banning people posting them and it's turning into absolute chaos. A mod from /d/ is saying that moot is purging from the ranks mods that uphold their board kultur and replacing them with new SJW mods who will listen to moot and ban whoever bypasses the filter by just editing a small portion of the leaked pics. Oh how far the mighty have fallen, /q/ completely blinded everyone to the threat. We all saw each slip... Each new frivolous cultured cancer, each concession to the mighty watching eyes of American law enforcement, but this was the nail - the fappening killed 4chan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57459 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:01 pm »

You know, if 4chan goes down completely, where will all those people go to? Since it sounds like those people would otherwise be banned on most forums.
4chan II.

Internet needs a place beyond the slade too, guys.

It'll probably be called 5khan or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57460 on: September 01, 2014, 08:45:40 pm »

Legitimately it is dead. It just died today. It pissed off a congressman, numerous rich actors, an Olympic gymnast and gotten massive tabloid scorn; nothing new but what's new is that they're complying with takedowns, mods are banning people posting them and it's turning into absolute chaos. A mod from /d/ is saying that moot is purging from the ranks mods that uphold their board kultur and replacing them with new SJW mods who will listen to moot and ban whoever bypasses the filter by just editing a small portion of the leaked pics. Oh how far the mighty have fallen, /q/ completely blinded everyone to the threat. We all saw each slip... Each new frivolous cultured cancer, each concession to the mighty watching eyes of American law enforcement, but this was the nail - the fappening killed 4chan.

I have no idea how much of that is serious

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57461 on: September 01, 2014, 08:54:51 pm »

I have no idea how much of that is serious
Completely serious.

The /b/tards being the most prolific distributors of the leaks have been trying to summon moot for an answer, so far they have not been successful.

4chan II.
Internet needs a place beyond the slade too, guys.
It'll probably be called 5khan or something.
There are several existing alternatives, most likely boarders will flock towards the deep web or whichever already existing chans most closely align with their board. This will cause major strife as most alternatives have a deep loathing for 4chan, carrying the same xenophobia for users who browse rival sites. Many will simply perish.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57462 on: September 01, 2014, 09:04:15 pm »

Honestly, I'm not that sad about this news.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57463 on: September 01, 2014, 09:08:37 pm »

Well, I didn't expect this.

False comparison:

The bus was going that way anyway. Almost all the energy for the bus is to move the bus itself - it weighs far more than the all the passengers. Dividing that by average passenger load gives a "CO2 per passenger". If more people take the bus, CO2 per person drops. Note how rarely buses are completely full.

The problem with saying the car is more CO2 efficient, is that EVEN IF you took the car, the bus still travels the same route. Boycotting the bus doesn't reduce the number of buses on the road. Another way of reading that statistic is "not enough people take the bus" rather than "too many people take the bus".

Definitely, if you avoid taking your car and hook a lift on the bus, your overall personal CO2 emissions are lower - the bus only exerts the extra energy needed to carry 1 person, whereas the car exerts the energy needed to move the whole car plus yourself. Plus, more traffic = more starting and stopping for everyone else, which equates to overall efficiency drops.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:11:51 pm by Reelya »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #57464 on: September 01, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »

Shutting down 4chan is about as useful as shooting a dictator. It just introduce someone worse.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 3829 3830 [3831] 3832 3833 ... 11040