Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3801 3802 [3803] 3804 3805 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14583796 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57030 on: August 27, 2014, 07:54:16 am »

This email:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this guys friend sent me a Steam message saying, "Can you code?"
"Yeah."

"Can you code my friend's server?"

I naturally was confused, because I didn't know what he really wanted, so fast-forwarding through the rest of this conversation, I asked his friend to email me the specifics and stuff. This is the email I got. I had assumed that the server owner would be more technically knowledgable. Or at least enough to tell me what he actually wanted.

Don't even know how to respond if these are the specifics.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57031 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:09 am »

This email:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this guys friend sent me a Steam message saying, "Can you code?"
"Yeah."

"Can you code my friend's server?"

I naturally was confused, because I didn't know what he really wanted, so fast-forwarding through the rest of this conversation, I asked his friend to email me the specifics and stuff. This is the email I got. I had assumed that the server owner would be more technically knowledgable. Or at least enough to tell me what he actually wanted.

Don't even know how to respond if these are the specifics.
String him along, while actually doing something completely useless.

Tell us how it goes afterwards.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57032 on: August 27, 2014, 08:00:05 am »

Send him a crappy technobabble explanation of what you're going to do and see if he buys it. Make it sound as difficult as possible.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57033 on: August 27, 2014, 08:01:12 am »

Actually make up words. Entirely made up concepts, and just go with it until he twigs that it's bullshit.

EDIT: See this convenient example.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #57034 on: August 27, 2014, 08:08:51 am »

Goddammit, that's amazing.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57035 on: August 27, 2014, 08:48:07 am »

Actually make up words. Entirely made up concepts, and just go with it until he twigs that it's bullshit.

Hey hey, crexen based Halen particles are serious business. They can cause headaches you know.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57036 on: August 27, 2014, 08:52:31 am »

Indeed.

My WTF is actually a two-fer: I just got back from the dentist! My first dentist visit ever (or at least within the last 20 years. I have almost no memory of my childhood,) went really well. Everyone in the office was very laid back, and the actual dentist (a late 30s/early 40s blonde woman on crutches,) was a fan of MMA, and was almost starstruck when I mentioned my past profession. I went in for a diagnostic check, which wound up being 100% covered by insurance. Hooray, free already paid for services!

WTF#1) The office has a dog in it. Not a little thing, either, but a dog that's shoulders stood about mid-thigh on me. (Remember that I'm only 5' tall.) Most of you know that I'm not a fan of animals, but this one was quiet and fairly unobtrusive, even though it spooked me a little bit when I was tipped back in the dentist's chair and there was suddenly a cold, wet nose on my arm.

WTF#2) As noted above, I've never seen a dentist before. The dentist commented that I had an $8-12 thousand dollar mouth, as in, people pay that much to get teeth like mine. She asked if I had had braces before, to which the answer was obviously no. Apparently, I have extremely straight teeth, which is odd, given that my wisdom teeth are all broken and crumbling into jagged stalagmites and stalactites of pain and I have one in particular that's heavily leaning into my tongue. That's the only bad one, I guess.

Anyway, I have to make an appointment with a surgeon, who will probably hit me with KO gas and steal my teeth. Hopefully only the bad ones.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57037 on: August 27, 2014, 08:55:26 am »

Anyway, I have to make an appointment with a surgeon, who will probably hit me with KO gas and steal my teeth. Hopefully only the bad ones.

Keep an eye out for suspicious craigslist ads just to be safe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57038 on: August 27, 2014, 09:04:28 am »

Welcome to the wisdom teeth removal train, MZ! M'mid ride, m'self. Hope it goes better for you than it has for me :P

I haven't needed actual surgery, though. Just a local, some nitrous, and a discomforting amount of elbow grease. And let me tell you, not feeling the pain being being cognizant of the amount of effort this big old fellow is putting behind a pick-like thing to dig a tooth out of your mouth is a hell of an experience.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57039 on: August 27, 2014, 09:32:06 am »

Wisdom teeth removal train was one I dodged despite every single dentist telling me (by looking at x-rays and plain old looking inside my mouth) that I'd have to take them out. Turns out they emerged completely, straight and without any defect. I actually saw the x-rays and those teeth were sideways before emerging.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #57040 on: August 27, 2014, 09:42:28 am »

Wisdom teeth removal? Stock up on ice cream and pudding, cause its liquid diet for you!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57041 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:53 am »

When I had two of my wisdom teeth surgically removed my best friend for dinner was mashed potatoes with cod and remoulade sauce. Tasty as hell and really easy to eat.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57042 on: August 27, 2014, 09:58:36 am »

I have this funny tooth on the left side of my mouth that's partly sideways.

It's weird, and I have no clue what a straight left upper tooth-line feels like.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57043 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:48 am »

Quote from: that page
qp/h stands for Quarter Pounders per Hour. In mainland Europe, it is known as rc/h - Royales with Cheese per Hour.
that made my day.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57044 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:05 am »

Indeed.

My WTF is actually a two-fer: I just got back from the dentist! My first dentist visit ever (or at least within the last 20 years. I have almost no memory of my childhood,) went really well. Everyone in the office was very laid back, and the actual dentist (a late 30s/early 40s blonde woman on crutches,) was a fan of MMA, and was almost starstruck when I mentioned my past profession. I went in for a diagnostic check, which wound up being 100% covered by insurance. Hooray, free already paid for services!

WTF#1) The office has a dog in it. Not a little thing, either, but a dog that's shoulders stood about mid-thigh on me. (Remember that I'm only 5' tall.) Most of you know that I'm not a fan of animals, but this one was quiet and fairly unobtrusive, even though it spooked me a little bit when I was tipped back in the dentist's chair and there was suddenly a cold, wet nose on my arm.

WTF#2) As noted above, I've never seen a dentist before. The dentist commented that I had an $8-12 thousand dollar mouth, as in, people pay that much to get teeth like mine. She asked if I had had braces before, to which the answer was obviously no. Apparently, I have extremely straight teeth, which is odd, given that my wisdom teeth are all broken and crumbling into jagged stalagmites and stalactites of pain and I have one in particular that's heavily leaning into my tongue. That's the only bad one, I guess.

That dentist office sounds like a nice place, though a dentists office really isn't a place for animals. Could be a therapy dog kind of thing, I dunno.

What kind of dog was it?

My wtf of the day. CNN said that a child accidentially killed a gun instructor in Arizona when a 9 year old lost control of a submachine gun. Who the fuck gives a kid a submachine gun? I picture the kid using a tommy gun (what I think of when I hear 'submachine gun'), kid loses control, bullets fly and ricochet every fucking where, gun instructor gets killed. I'm surprised the kid didn't get killed or injured either.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:09:11 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 3801 3802 [3803] 3804 3805 ... 11042