Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3793 3794 [3795] 3796 3797 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14445428 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #56910 on: August 26, 2014, 12:23:56 am »

Given that I'm the highest postcount guy on the forums who doesn't entirely post in FG&RP, I think I know the process.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #56911 on: August 26, 2014, 12:26:47 am »

I played a helluva lot of runescape as a kid

got to lvl 83ish?

eventually decided to change my password to some unknown nonsense so i couldn't go back and annoy myself again
Oh god. I just googled my runescape character's name. So uh, apparently I created a "kiddy's first web page" back in 06 on tripod, and used my runescape name to post on forums and such back then. After starting to cyber-stalk 2006-me, I have come to the conclusion that that kid is really annoying and I'm really glad he met with his slow demise a few years later.

As for me, I've been here for half a decade now. Basically all my sapient life.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56912 on: August 26, 2014, 12:28:05 am »

I don't see myself leaving Bay 12 any time soon. It's easily the longest time I've spent on any web community.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56913 on: August 26, 2014, 12:28:57 am »

Church of Euthanasia.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56914 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:00 am »

I played a helluva lot of runescape as a kid

got to lvl 83ish?

eventually decided to change my password to some unknown nonsense so i couldn't go back and annoy myself again
Oh god. I just googled my runescape character's name. So uh, apparently I created a "kiddy's first web page" back in 06 on tripod, and used my runescape name to post on forums and such back then. After starting to cyber-stalk 2006-me, I have come to the conclusion that that kid is really annoying and I'm really glad he met with his slow demise a few years later.

As for me, I've been here for half a decade now. Basically all my sapient life.
I used my nickname as my RS account when I began playing with my nephew...
Because woohoo, we understood 'username' differently ._.
Ooooh dear me. xD
L60-ish archer. Pretty much dislikes how the game is now :/ but mmph.
The people however are still great to play with. Attitude is very good.

I don't see myself leaving Bay 12 any time soon. It's easily the longest time I've spent on any web community.
It's my first forum! :D
I'm pretty glad at the time I joined, I got to see the ol' vets, as said by Furtuka. It really nudged my understanding in many details, general or specific.
> Helped me with my fears, and personal stuffs. The people I met here are awesome.
Loved the community there. Now's a bit different [new faces = new attitudes, not all but y'know] but still--the moderation is as best as ever! \o/

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56916 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:36 am »

i quite like you guys sure you have your flaws mostly related to your obsession with arguing the right way and been unable to tell the difference between an ad hominim and a figure of speech used for persuasive purposes.

i do like that you don't seem to have succumbed to respect everybody's opinions though for me there are some things on which i can respect opinions that differ from mine but some opinions i have no respect for.
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56917 on: August 26, 2014, 12:32:20 am »

* Tiruin nudges tuypo1 hard.
Don't generalize :I Bring up details if you're to redirect understanding (rather than a general idea).
Also I challenge thee, use punctuation! :D
C'mon. First steps! Do it. :D

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56918 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:19 am »

It's my first forum! :D
I'm pretty glad at the time I joined, I got to see the ol' vets, as said by Furtuka. It really nudged my understanding in many details, general or specific.
> Helped me with my fears, and personal stuffs. The people I met here are awesome.
Loved the community there. Now's a bit different [new faces = new attitudes, not all but y'know] but still--the moderation is as best as ever! \o/

My first forum was the world of warcraft forums but i obviously left those when i stopped playing sometimes i consider going back just for the forums the only reason i stopped playing to begin with was that my copy got corrupted and i didn't have the bandwidth to re-download it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:37:45 am by tuypo1 »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #56919 on: August 26, 2014, 12:35:08 am »

* Tawarochir casts Knock on tuypo1's forehead

Do not generalize.

Particularly in a moderately insulting way.

Also, that is why we -snip-.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56920 on: August 26, 2014, 12:35:22 am »

Don't generalize :I Bring up details if you're to redirect understanding (rather than a general idea).
Well, he did use periods and apostrophes in that last post. Baby steps!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56921 on: August 26, 2014, 12:35:47 am »

Details ok so i dont make an arse out of myself could you confirm you mean details on the opinions i dont respect.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56922 on: August 26, 2014, 12:39:13 am »

Will definitely say Toady is good best moderator. Although, this being my first[And thus far, only] forum, I have relatively few examples to compare him to. And the community is good[If often somewhat uncaring about the simulated lives of bearded things].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56923 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:15 am »

in future if i am generalizing could you clarify exactly what im generalizing im not good at telling

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56924 on: August 26, 2014, 12:41:25 am »

Details ok so i dont make an arse out of myself could you confirm you mean details on the opinions i dont respect.
Err, it's like how we're poking you on generalizing.
-snip-
This post in particular reflects a situation you remember, where wrong things happened in your perception--now we're poking at the wording, rather. Telling an event is OK and all, but how you word it and the tone in which it is delivered would also be taken in by the readers.
Like here, there are some negative experiences or situations you remembered that caused the certain wording to come out as such--you could do with specifying and cutting down the details to something that won't come across as the statement you've got there, being applied to the generality (ie the community as a whole, when ideally [in my opinion], the intent was directed to one specific situation with a couple or so individuals which provoked that reaction).

DOn't be reactive, think about your posts before you say it, think about how the general populace (or the readers of the thread anyway) would react to it. :P
For example, most would go: "What is he referring to? I don't act like that." Because...that isn't how everyone acts and the statement in itself already speaks of an underlying situation.

Also do punctuation, dude. You're pretty much in safe waters--I remember you made a post of fear of abuse in messing up hence why you don't do it?
Do that punctuation. If anyone would go so far as to 'abuse' you on punctuation...err. >_> I really don't think anyone would be jerkish enough to do that.

in future if i am generalizing could you clarify exactly what im generalizing im not good at telling
Yep! :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:45:37 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 3793 3794 [3795] 3796 3797 ... 11040