Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3791 3792 [3793] 3794 3795 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448578 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #56880 on: August 25, 2014, 09:54:45 pm »

I got to level... 70something? Played it for like 6 hours in a row one time.

We should collaborate to make a dorfier MMO, with dorf fortress themed lore, weaponry, and the like. That'd show them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56881 on: August 25, 2014, 09:57:11 pm »

I got to level... 70something? Played it for like 6 hours in a row one time.

We should collaborate to make a dorfier MMO, with dorf fortress themed lore, weaponry, and the like. That'd show them.
it would just be a dwarf fortress clone

end sarcasem
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #56882 on: August 25, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »

WTF... GlyphGryph quit the board over an argument?
(as an aside, one of the main reasons I try not to join into shit like that is the possibility of arguing digging too deep.)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56883 on: August 25, 2014, 10:11:46 pm »

Nah... I don't really think it was the argument itself. Iirc, Gryph had expressed dislike for B12's guidelines in the past before, especially re: personal attacks. Seemed to have trouble in general about refraining from making, well. Posts like the one before deciding to leave. Guessing G finally decided hanging around wasn't worth staying within the general rule set, and moved on. Which... best of luck, et al. Said my peace already, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56884 on: August 25, 2014, 10:27:08 pm »

Nah... I don't really think it was the argument itself. Iirc, Gryph had expressed dislike for B12's guidelines in the past before, especially re: personal attacks. Seemed to have trouble in general about refraining from making, well. Posts like the one before deciding to leave. Guessing G finally decided hanging around wasn't worth staying within the general rule set, and moved on. Which... best of luck, et al. Said my peace already, I guess.
if I wasent so drawn in by the forum games I probably would have left by now for similar reasons only about the sexual content rules rather then the personal attack rules
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56885 on: August 25, 2014, 10:28:49 pm »

I like this community too much to leave. You guys are generally smart, funny, and honestly a pleasure to talk to a lot of the time. That, and forums and such are about the only social contact I have nowadays. :u

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #56886 on: August 25, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »

This is the best forum I know, to be honest.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #56887 on: August 25, 2014, 10:33:09 pm »

Same here.

I mean, there are some pretty good ones-- small webcomics tend to have decent communities, and some niche gaming forums tend to be good-- but Bay12 is my favorite by far.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #56888 on: August 25, 2014, 10:45:46 pm »

Funny bay12 is the only forum I feel I could (now have) get into I'v try'ed minecraft one's but they all felt detached. I don't know it's just something about the people here your all great and so far I haven't seen people being judgmental of other's. It's like everyone here is looking out for each other.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #56889 on: August 25, 2014, 11:24:48 pm »

Yer yer double post but I was just looking at the Moderation Log for the first time and saw that the top guy in the Top 10 Posters stats, GreatWyrmGold with 55622 posts and seconded in the Top Topic Starters stats is listed as being banned
"GreatWyrmGold      June 15, 2014      Ban      Fighting/lack of self control"
And I'm just thinking wow so many post and topic's and it can all go to nothing in an instant's.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56890 on: August 25, 2014, 11:35:21 pm »

GWG's demise did not happen in an instant. It consisted of a drawn out series of engagements, which started with warnings, then progressed to mutes, and ended with a monolith in the middle of our community to one of the greats (as in large) from days not so long gone.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #56891 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:11 pm »

Yep. In his case his status was a large contributor to his demise. Made him arrogant you see. His ego was just far far to large to let anything go. I'm pretty sure the guy still has no idea why what he did was ban worthy. Kinda funny how you wound up just barely missing that mess thanks to your join date BadLemonsXI.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56892 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

WTF... GlyphGryph quit the board over an argument?
(as an aside, one of the main reasons I try not to join into shit like that is the possibility of arguing digging too deep.)
He's pretty much still alive, actually. :P
Yet he explained personally here...he has a point in his understanding--the 'fed up' part is directed at recent actions in the lower boards by specific community members who are...less than detailed in their arguing and provide more than not a 'no u' argument...with lacking reasoning, concern or open-mindedness of current issues. :/
Which is how I understand it, though. Seems to be more prevalent; a point he forwarded was considering the forum community--seems that the coming in of new members (specifically those which cause such issues) and the comparison to the earlier community (which was pretty serene and tranquil) made it evident.
And...the note of negativity is pretty much a heavy subjective point as a toll on people's actions and reactions. Meaning: The consistency of how many people exhibit that nature...had a negative effect on him (and its partly noticeable as a whole in the community, in my opinion; the attitude seen in those people, that is).
Yeah I'm being general because it requires insight to detail specifically and I'm not calling out people in particular but...I've seen many cases of superficial trolls popping up lately, hence the idea of 'new members'.

He's still alive and working here though! ^ ^
Well, on the B12 IRC anyway.

GWG's demise did not happen in an instant. It consisted of a drawn out series of engagements, which started with warnings, then progressed to mutes, and ended with a monolith in the middle of our community to one of the greats (as in large) from days not so long gone.
It also pertained to how he presented his attitude and wording, apparently. :-\
There was a shift in his attitude in the mid-2014 months, very different from the last years he was present. I can only wonder what happened, though my best guess is RL personal experiences causing and influencing a shift to it.
Knowing him, the most recent attitude just clouds up his likeability. He's likeable, but...due to the recent stuffs, as far as I hear from others, it really affected his reputation.

Either he didn't know or didn't bother to control his ego, seems to be the primary focus.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #56893 on: August 25, 2014, 11:44:52 pm »

I liked GWG. I think I ended one of his forum games once. He was a fun guy, but he loved his pointless arguments, and inevitably riled people up.

He's going to be at the top of the posts chart for a while yet, at least until Lyeos gets his act together.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #56894 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:40 pm »

Sounds like someone wasn't blowing off enough steam in the grisha5 thread.
Pages: 1 ... 3791 3792 [3793] 3794 3795 ... 11040