Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3790 3791 [3792] 3793 3794 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446093 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #56865 on: August 25, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »

I once met a cool dude in Runescape. We became best friends and did zany shit like going fishing, cutting trees behind the starting fort and dancing madly when one of us leveled up, etc. It was really fun.
Good times. That must have been in like 2007 or something.

And I'm fairly sure it was written in Java back when I played.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56866 on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »

I had fun times on Runescape.
Even when I lost my main account and had to start over I kept playing, for quite a while. Probably the main reason is because I couldn't run any other games on my computer. :P In fact, the thing that eventually made me stop playing was their graphics upgrade...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #56867 on: August 25, 2014, 03:36:02 pm »

We oughta get together on the OldSchool servers. Start a clan and stuff. It'd be fun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56868 on: August 25, 2014, 03:42:53 pm »

And I'm fairly sure it was written in Java back when I played.
I loved the Java. Less lag. Less ugh.

They changed it all.

We oughta get together on the OldSchool servers. Start a clan and stuff. It'd be fun.
> MEMBERS ONLY \o/
Bleh

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56869 on: August 25, 2014, 04:52:48 pm »

Yeah, I quit around the time that the first post-Classic Wildy revamp came (the one that did away with it and added the stupid arena thing). Which was pretty much also the point where I had finished all of the interesting quests and hit the point of maximum grind on my main.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56870 on: August 25, 2014, 04:58:45 pm »

Yeah, I quit around the time that the first post-Classic Wildy revamp came (the one that did away with it and added the stupid arena thing). Which was pretty much also the point where I had finished all of the interesting quests and hit the point of maximum grind on my main.
Yes, that is the point of shittiness I was talking about.
"Oh no we can't let players do what they want it might be used for illegal sale of ingame currencies so obviously the way to solve this is by restricting EVERYTHING."

I'm also disappointed in Jagex for having their mech-based MMO thing be Transformers. Sellouts.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56871 on: August 25, 2014, 05:10:27 pm »

So Pathologic is getting a remake. For those not in the know, Pathologic is a fantastic Russian art game. I was very pleased to hear it was getting a remake and thus subscribed to the teaser website. Then I checked my emails.
Spoiler: The Email I Received (click to show/hide)
Oh, Ice Pick Lodge. Why. I'm not even sure if this should go in this thread or the terrified thread.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56872 on: August 25, 2014, 05:26:39 pm »

RS has a fucking client now?
I think they forgot what a browser MMO was.

EDIT: Whelp it has abilities that you put on a hotbar now. Congratulations you managed to fail at not being a WoW clone. I don't even know how because YOU WEREN'T ONE BEFORE.
Fucking ell m80 it's like they're managed to update it worse.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 05:41:17 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56873 on: August 25, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »

Dozed off a bit, had a dream that was honestly mostly about food by the end of it. Woke up to the sensation of me trying to gnaw through the shell of the gauze I had in my mouth to keep me from bleeding all over the place.

... gauze does not have a shell. It also can't really be chewed up all that much. Dream brain was definitely giving it a college try, though. And now I'd really like some freaking pecans.

If only I could chew without bleeding places ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56874 on: August 25, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »

EDIT: Whelp it has abilities that you put on a hotbar now. Congratulations you managed to fail at not being a WoW clone. I don't even know how because YOU WEREN'T ONE BEFORE.
I saw that coming from the moment they arbitrarily changed HP from being "Your Health level = your HP" to "Your Health level x10 or whatever = your HP because big numbers are better numbers hurrdurr".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #56875 on: August 25, 2014, 06:58:53 pm »

I saw that coming from the moment they arbitrarily changed HP from being "Your Health level = your HP" to "Your Health level x10 or whatever = your HP because big numbers are better numbers hurrdurr".

Heh, I gave up on it even before the horribilitiness set in, got bored of the grind. I AM BECOME MMO REVERSE-HIPSTER, DISLIKING THINGS BEFORE THEY BECAME UNCOOL!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56876 on: August 25, 2014, 07:48:16 pm »

So Pathologic is getting a remake. For those not in the know, Pathologic is a fantastic Russian art game. I was very pleased to hear it was getting a remake and thus subscribed to the teaser website. Then I checked my emails.
Spoiler: The Email I Received (click to show/hide)
Oh, Ice Pick Lodge. Why. I'm not even sure if this should go in this thread or the terrified thread.
Ive never auctualy played pathologic but I quite like the void apart from the fact that the most important symbol in the game has the worst recognition of them all
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56877 on: August 25, 2014, 09:08:31 pm »

ah, runescape, the game I played until level 45 or something, then gave away my account... was also the first MMO I played I believe.
went back to it occasionally and found that the starter island was changed to a dungeon/quest thing, then back to the island I think, then changed again.  last real attempt was around the 10X HP update I think

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56878 on: August 25, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

ah, runescape, the game I played until level 45 or something, then gave away my account... was also the first MMO I played I believe.
went back to it occasionally and found that the starter island was changed to a dungeon/quest thing, then back to the island I think, then changed again.  last real attempt was around the 10X HP update I think
oh god I miss turtorial island they keep making new tutorials that never work just go back to the island damit
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56879 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:31 pm »

I played a helluva lot of runescape as a kid

got to lvl 83ish?

eventually decided to change my password to some unknown nonsense so i couldn't go back and annoy myself again
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 3790 3791 [3792] 3793 3794 ... 11040