Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3787 3788 [3789] 3790 3791 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452389 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #56820 on: August 25, 2014, 06:48:45 am »

Your ironic smokescreen can't deflect my scornful gaze. The brimstone pits await you in the afterlife for your careless sins against proper language usage. You'll spend eternity being poked in the pancreas by vengeful spectres of every grammar nazi you've crossed.
if thats what he gets for his few mistakes im well and truly fucked

Where's your full stops soldier? I want them polished and presentable by 0800 hours or you're going on comma placement community service!
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56821 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:24 am »

im not American but i will admit i find it hard to see the faults in there policies past the fact there policies arent as stupidly strict as they are here i think its much better to be to lax on the matter then to be restrictive you shouldent be restricted in what weapons you can have it should just be prove your psychologically stable and then you can get whatever the hell firearm you want

Look up the USA's gun death statistics. Most are suicides. Other countries for example Israel saw a 40% reduction in the total national suicide rate by stopping their policy of allowing soldiers to take guns home on weekends. USA gun suicides rate at 6.3 per 100,000 people, so about 20000 gun suicides per year, probably half of those wouldn't happen at all without a gun present.

Just the predicted reduction in gun suicides if nobody had a gun outnumbers the number of people shot in self defence PLUS total gun homicides for the entire country. So, this idea that having gun in your family's house overall makes families safer is total bullshit. You might save 1 life in self-defense for every 5 lives needlessly lost to gun suicide.

As Anti-gun as I am... even I think you must first prove that in absence of a gun people don't commit suicide.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56822 on: August 25, 2014, 07:01:34 am »

Don't be silly. Of course, they do. They just have to work a hell of a lot harder at it, which deters a lot of people.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #56823 on: August 25, 2014, 07:09:21 am »

Don't be silly. Of course, they do. They just have to work a hell of a lot harder at it, which deters a lot of people.

To clarify, suicide is often a very impulsive thing; if it can't be achieved quickly, it's usually given up on. A gun in the house is more-or-less the gold standard of quick suicide methods - most ways take some time and are recoverable from if one reconsiders/ is found during.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56824 on: August 25, 2014, 07:12:46 am »

Your ironic smokescreen can't deflect my scornful gaze. The brimstone pits await you in the afterlife for your careless sins against proper language usage. You'll spend eternity being poked in the pancreas by vengeful spectres of every grammar nazi you've crossed.

Where's your full stops soldier? I want them polished and presentable by 0800 hours or you're going on comma placement community service!
Ha. Good luck. There's a reason that one's posts are hidden from me. I still click on a few to attempt to read them, but then, I'm also a sucker for schmuck bait.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56825 on: August 25, 2014, 07:23:41 am »

Ha. Good luck. There's a reason that one's posts are hidden from me. I still click on a few to attempt to read them, but then, I'm also a sucker for schmuck bait.
wait you filter my posts i am saddened by this
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56826 on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:00 am »

As Anti-gun as I am... even I think you must first prove that in absence of a gun people don't commit suicide.
Nah. Just that they are less likely to commit suicide (or, possibly just as important, less likely to succeed). And, again. Soldier statistics from Israel. Guns away from homebound soldiers, 40% drop in national suicide rate. That's about as damning a statistic as statistics get.

And yeah tuy, I rather imagine both you and LSP are filtered by a good handful of people. The non-grammar is fairly offputting, t'be honest.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56827 on: August 25, 2014, 07:37:22 am »

Good to know I'm not the only one. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56828 on: August 25, 2014, 07:45:55 am »

Nah. Just that they are less likely to commit suicide (or, possibly just as important, less likely to succeed). And, again. Soldier statistics from Israel. Guns away from homebound soldiers, 40% drop in national suicide rate. That's about as damning a statistic as statistics get.

And yeah tuy, I rather imagine both you and LSP are filtered by a good handful of people. The non-grammar is fairly offputting, t'be honest.
I get people don't like it and i am trying to improve it for people but i don't get how it could frustrate somebody that much they would go so far as to filter my posts im not even exaggerating i am literally incapable of comprehending it i have spent ages trying and i just cant.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56829 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50:33 am »

It's annoying to the point where people don't really think your posts are worth deciphering.
Either improve your grammar/spelling/whatever, or have posts that're more interesting/content-filled. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56830 on: August 25, 2014, 07:53:04 am »

If your browser supports it, I would strongly suggest adding a spelling/punctuation/grammar checker.
This is a blank sig.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #56831 on: August 25, 2014, 07:54:24 am »

I get people don't like it and i am trying to improve it for people but i don't get how it could frustrate somebody that much they would go so far as to filter my posts im not even exaggerating i am literally incapable of comprehending it i have spent ages trying and i just cant.

People. Like. Grammar.

I'd imagine your utter lack of it causes many to discount what you say wholesale as entirely useless and without value.

I mean, if you, the writer, put in zero effort why should we, the reader, put in any effort to comprehend you?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56832 on: August 25, 2014, 07:56:37 am »

It's annoying to the point where people don't really think your posts are worth deciphering.
Either improve your grammar/spelling/whatever, or have posts that're more interesting/content-filled. :v
yeah i get i need to improve and i am trying and i get it annoys people massively its just that i cant figure out what could be going through there minds that would make them react so drastically i can get how it might annoy them a little but not to the extent it does. i am literally unable to see why it annoys them so much

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56833 on: August 25, 2014, 07:58:34 am »

you all seem confused i know how they react i cant comprehend how they react that way thats all

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56834 on: August 25, 2014, 07:59:49 am »

Because it looks fucking awful and is a pain in the neck to read?
Annnnd you went and double-posted again, just for the icing on the cake. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 3787 3788 [3789] 3790 3791 ... 11040