Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3786 3787 [3788] 3789 3790 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14451875 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #56805 on: August 24, 2014, 09:45:30 pm »

it should just be prove your psychologically stable
See, that makes you a raging gun-hating liberal. Welcome to the anti-gun crowd, tuypo. If you came to the states, you'd be in it.

As for gun control threads, there's been a solid handful of the things. Six, seven, maybe more, I do believe, plus both of the progressive discussion threads have their regular gun-control derails, as have the american politics threads, and occasionally in any discussion involving the state of the police force in the US. And more stuff. It pops up pretty regularly. S'understandable, given the amount of trouble the US has due to its gun culture.
i find the idea that wanting psychological testing makes you gun hating hard to swallow one day im going to go to the u.s and see for myself just what its like

also you Americans have a funny definition of liberal
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56806 on: August 24, 2014, 10:20:44 pm »

An MMO my friend is getting me into has a recruit-a-friend system that could be a little more clear about having to have already bought the game before being able to enter the recruitment code.

We spent about twenty minutes trying to look up how to put the code in before I found a reddit thread that explained it.

I can understand why it works like that, but it could be a little more clear than "go to site and enter code".

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56807 on: August 24, 2014, 11:37:42 pm »

it should just be prove your psychologically stable
See, that makes you a raging gun-hating liberal. Welcome to the anti-gun crowd, tuypo. If you came to the states, you'd be in it.

As for gun control threads, there's been a solid handful of the things. Six, seven, maybe more, I do believe, plus both of the progressive discussion threads have their regular gun-control derails, as have the american politics threads, and occasionally in any discussion involving the state of the police force in the US. And more stuff. It pops up pretty regularly. S'understandable, given the amount of trouble the US has due to its gun culture.
i find the idea that wanting psychological testing makes you gun hating hard to swallow one day im going to go to the u.s and see for myself just what its like

also you Americans have a funny definition of liberal
We do.

Believe it or not, most Americans aren't rabid gun nuts who oppose even the most basic restrictions. That's the NRA, which is a big and well-funded organization but still not representative of the general population. Unfortunately they have such a disproportionate influence on conservatives' voting patterns that looking at anything Congressy might send a different message.

The phrase "pro-gun" is really like "pro-gay", though. You can be anti-gay (homophobic) and anti-gun (taking them all away), but being pro-either implies that you actually view them as better than the default. Which isn't to say that there aren't conservatives who actively want all (white) people armed. Just not really an accurate phrase even for the most rabid gun folks.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56808 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:25 pm »

There's a great number of europeans here, for whom the states' raging gunboner is generally a puzzling and worrisome fetish.
I want to make babbies with Kalashni-kun~

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #56809 on: August 25, 2014, 12:22:34 am »

The problem with the pro- / anti- dichotomy is that taking the middle ground and saying you don't care either way is viewed as reprehensible by both sides.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56810 on: August 25, 2014, 12:22:51 am »

the fuck are "female chat mannerisms" and why do i have them on steam

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56811 on: August 25, 2014, 12:29:18 am »

nt pr0 enuff u n00b
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56812 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:22 am »

It's a high level Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing: Family Edition strategy. Obviously you wouldn't understand the intricacies.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #56813 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:59 am »

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's a game where you play a stalker in an online chatroom and you have to identify attractive females by the way they type.

In hindsight, that sounds unbelievably creepy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56814 on: August 25, 2014, 12:32:18 am »

im not American but i will admit i find it hard to see the faults in there policies past the fact there policies arent as stupidly strict as they are here i think its much better to be to lax on the matter then to be restrictive you shouldent be restricted in what weapons you can have it should just be prove your psychologically stable and then you can get whatever the hell firearm you want

Look up the USA's gun death statistics. Most are suicides. Other countries for example Israel saw a 40% reduction in the total national suicide rate by stopping their policy of allowing soldiers to take guns home on weekends. USA gun suicides rate at 6.3 per 100,000 people, so about 20000 gun suicides per year, probably half of those wouldn't happen at all without a gun present.

Just the predicted reduction in gun suicides if nobody had a gun outnumbers the number of people shot in self defence PLUS total gun homicides for the entire country. So, this idea that having gun in your family's house overall makes families safer is total bullshit. You might save 1 life in self-defense for every 5 lives needlessly lost to gun suicide.

Homicide rates would probably decrease a lot. Mainly getting rid of handguns would help there. The only guns allowed should be bulky as hell so you can't hide them.

And this "if you're psychologically stable you should be able to get whatever you want" is bullshit like most "Libertarian" logic it doesn't take into account that people don't live in a magic vacuum where their actions don't heavily intersect with other people. People usually live in families, and kids of course go shooting people or themselves with dad's gun. Psych testing for dad doesn't help.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:36:58 am by Reelya »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56815 on: August 25, 2014, 12:33:36 am »

becuz you are qt
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56816 on: August 25, 2014, 12:35:43 am »

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's a game where you play a stalker in an online chatroom and you have to identify attractive females by the way they type.

In hindsight, that sounds unbelievably creepy.
i would play the hell out of that

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56817 on: August 25, 2014, 05:53:39 am »

In hindsite
I don't usually get worked up about language errors, but when I do my eyes shed tears of scarlet.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56818 on: August 25, 2014, 06:15:38 am »

Your ironic smokescreen can't deflect my scornful gaze. The brimstone pits await you in the afterlife for your careless sins against proper language usage. You'll spend eternity being poked in the pancreas by vengeful spectres of every grammar nazi you've crossed.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56819 on: August 25, 2014, 06:35:07 am »

Your ironic smokescreen can't deflect my scornful gaze. The brimstone pits await you in the afterlife for your careless sins against proper language usage. You'll spend eternity being poked in the pancreas by vengeful spectres of every grammar nazi you've crossed.
if thats what he gets for his few mistakes im well and truly fucked

Pages: 1 ... 3786 3787 [3788] 3789 3790 ... 11040