Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3752 3753 [3754] 3755 3756 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449985 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #56295 on: August 16, 2014, 08:41:37 pm »

They're more like animes in embryo form I think
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56296 on: August 16, 2014, 08:46:15 pm »

Potentially a bit more experimental, apparently. Also in embryo form though, yeah. Animes like it when they come with an established base and a few seasons worth of plot pre-written.

... though yeah, SAO got an anime series. Two, apparently. Sweet hell, it apparently showed on Toonami. 2013-2014 run. S'also manga, couple video games... s'apparently pretty popular. Also some fairly nice fanfiction, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #56301 on: August 17, 2014, 10:38:13 am »

You mean the hoax that had virtually no result, save a few precautionary event cancellations?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #56302 on: August 17, 2014, 11:35:33 am »

Was just looking through a cosmetology recertification test and, s'just. Why do people make tests that don't even try? Not only were all the answers in order throughout the packet's text bits, the questions' answers were bolded in the main text of the packet. Because what the fuck. Reading is too hard, I guess?

Maybe in the future of the internet the answers will all be 24 point bold font, multicolored, and vibrating. Also they'll pop up when you mouse over the problem, and if you select the wrong option, the website will helpfully correct your mistake for you!

M'painfully reminded of the concealed carry "test". Starting to wonder if certification and re-certification in general is like this, which definitely does not inspire confidence in the technical capabilities of our specialty workforces.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #56303 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:07 pm »

Was just looking through a cosmetology recertification test and, s'just. Why do people make tests that don't even try? Not only were all the answers in order throughout the packet's text bits, the questions' answers were bolded in the main text of the packet. Because what the fuck. Reading is too hard, I guess?

Maybe in the future of the internet the answers will all be 24 point bold font, multicolored, and vibrating. Also they'll pop up when you mouse over the problem, and if you select the wrong option, the website will helpfully correct your mistake for you!

M'painfully reminded of the concealed carry "test". Starting to wonder if certification and re-certification in general is like this, which definitely does not inspire confidence in the technical capabilities of our specialty workforces.

Heh, there's a joke about the high school graduation exam here that goes like this:

Math exams by year:

Spoiler: 1980: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 1990: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2000: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2010: (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56304 on: August 17, 2014, 12:05:45 pm »

I'm looking forward to 2020, then. :P

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #56305 on: August 17, 2014, 12:08:57 pm »

What, the free lollipops test? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #56306 on: August 17, 2014, 12:10:16 pm »

What, the free lollipops test? :P
No, when the tests take themselves and your work is finished on its own.
Also when your grass cuts itself.
Take a closer look at this text!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56307 on: August 17, 2014, 12:23:04 pm »

Looking up how to make mead. Looks like it require more equipment that I can get, but that's not what I'm WTFing about. It's the ads on the site(WikiHow). The first was something about dating 18-year old(and not younger, I hope) Russian women, the next was to look up public arrest records.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #56308 on: August 17, 2014, 12:24:54 pm »

Clearly this is some hidden message that you should look up the criminal records of any 18-year old women you dated.  :P

If you actually have is another thing entirely.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56309 on: August 17, 2014, 12:29:29 pm »

If you want your mead to ferment through it's pretty simple, you just need to pour together water and honey with yeast and sodium metabisulfite in a sterilized container with an airlock. I don't think it tastes terribly good, though, unless you stop it while it's still mid-ferment (and therefore sweet and bubbly), but then I believe you basically need beermaking equipment and that's a bit more challenging.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3752 3753 [3754] 3755 3756 ... 11040