Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 ... 11042

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14583614 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55290 on: July 30, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »

Screaming match between my younger sister and my dad because she wants to clean the kitchen. He would rather that she clean her own room first, since it is disgusting, but she feels that taking care of her own room isn't her problem.

She's even worse than my brother was for hoarding dishes in her room. Most of our dishes are up there, and I'd be willing to bet at least a few of them are so disgusting by now that we have to throw them away.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55291 on: July 30, 2014, 08:02:24 pm »

Can't... Stop... Reading...
Curse you, Sirus! :P
+1

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55292 on: July 30, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »

That reminds me of some series of short stories I read, that I think had been linked here. I can't remember any of them, but they all consisted of humans being badasses.  I think there was one where some alien race was able to kill by use of sex, but a single human managed to survive and took them over.   Not sure if I remember that once correctly, however. 
One fanfic I am reading right now has XCOM humanity secretly trying to guide events in the Mass Effect universe.  Now that I think of it Mass Effect fics are one of the few places that humanity is every awesome in a sci-fi story that has aliens.
You're probably thinking of "Humanity Fuck Yeah", which can be read here.
Hey, the man(?) wanted to remember what it was, and it would have been mean of me to just give him(?) the title or drop a LMGTFY link.
This is actually not the exact one I remember.  It has many more stories then last time, while still having most of the ones that I had liked.  That or I simply forgot most of said stories.    And unless I really, really messed up when studying biology, man would indeed be correct. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55293 on: July 30, 2014, 08:08:55 pm »

That reminds me of some series of short stories I read, that I think had been linked here. I can't remember any of them, but they all consisted of humans being badasses.  I think there was one where some alien race was able to kill by use of sex, but a single human managed to survive and took them over.   Not sure if I remember that once correctly, however. 
One fanfic I am reading right now has XCOM humanity secretly trying to guide events in the Mass Effect universe.  Now that I think of it Mass Effect fics are one of the few places that humanity is every awesome in a sci-fi story that has aliens.
You're probably thinking of "Humanity Fuck Yeah", which can be read here.
Hey, the man(?) wanted to remember what it was, and it would have been mean of me to just give him(?) the title or drop a LMGTFY link.
This is actually not the exact one I remember.  It has many more stories then last time, while still having most of the ones that I had liked.  That or I simply forgot most of said stories.    And unless I really, really messed up when studying biology, man would indeed be correct.
Yeah, this is clearly a different collection than the one I read before. Some of the stories are the same, but there's also new ones and a few I remember are not in it.
Still, a good place to start.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55294 on: July 30, 2014, 08:33:44 pm »

I am so incredibly bored that it is making me lethargic, and I'm getting more bored because I don't feel like doing anything that would entertain me. If ever there was a first-world problem...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55295 on: July 30, 2014, 09:25:29 pm »

Wat.

WAT!?

She cleans the kitchen, presumably out of responsibility, but thinks HER room isn't her responsibility?

Please tell me I'm wrong and that she doesn't have as broken a logic system as I think she does.

She was not trying to clean the kitchen out of responsibility. She said she was bored and had nothing better to do. When my dad told her that her room was worse and needs cleaning much more, she started freaking out.

She wasn't even trying to clean the kitchen properly. She was just wiping the empty space on the counter with a kleenex.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55296 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »

I am so incredibly bored that it is making me lethargic, and I'm getting more bored because I don't feel like doing anything that would entertain me. If ever there was a first-world problem...
You know what would perk you up?  Hunting for your own food.  And none on that namby pamby "hunting" where you shoot your prey from afar with chemical propellents and metal projectiles.  No, you're going to need to race your prey on foot for miles on end and then strangle it with your bare hands.  Then you will eat it raw, without any of that stupid silverware people use nowadays. 

What I've done the past two summers to try to prevent that is taking a bunch of classes online, which would have the dual benefit of raising up my GPA and giving me more knowledge.  Unfortunately, they still take no time to do, but add to my stress because I keep procrastinating to the last minute until I have to race to get my work done. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55297 on: July 30, 2014, 09:31:22 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55298 on: July 30, 2014, 09:34:23 pm »

Or this?
Thaaaaaat's the one I remember :D
Yep.  One of my favorites is the death beetles.  "Oh, we already have those.  We even have ones who are worse!"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #55299 on: July 30, 2014, 09:59:58 pm »

I still think God is a lizardperson who is laughing his/her cloaca off while Creationists and Evolutionists bicker, when in fact everything is lizards.
That reminds me of the dream/half-awake hallucination I had where it turned out the only true god was a literal dinosaur god which had been slumbering for eons and had now come to devour humanity.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55300 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »

I recommend bears.

Bears is good meat.
I've heard it's very greasy and stringy. But bison meat is great.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #55301 on: July 30, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »

I still think God is a lizardperson who is laughing his/her cloaca off while Creationists and Evolutionists bicker, when in fact everything is lizards.
That reminds me of the dream/half-awake hallucination I had where it turned out the only true god was a literal dinosaur god which had been slumbering for eons and had now come to devour humanity.
Ptah. We wiped out the dinosaurs once, and we'll do it again!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55302 on: July 30, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »

I like the Drake one best...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #55303 on: July 30, 2014, 10:49:46 pm »

Ptah. We wiped out the dinosaurs once, and we'll do it again!
Bearded orange confirmed for asteroid-sized?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #55304 on: July 30, 2014, 11:28:06 pm »

This song is titled "I found this in my trash can." so you know it's good.
Pages: 1 ... 3685 3686 [3687] 3688 3689 ... 11042