Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3667 3668 [3669] 3670 3671 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430403 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #55020 on: July 28, 2014, 04:27:12 am »

Reading some delicious /r/Christianity drama, when suddenly:
Do you think that once legal marriage equality is achieved that these lobbying groups are just going to close up and go home? No legal gay marriage is only the first step towards the larger goal of silencing anyone who disagrees with them and imposing 100% affirmation by society. In time I predict some of these groups will actually try to criminalize heterosexuality and Christianity. Straight Kids will be ostracized if they refuse offers of gay dates, and parents who encourage them too could be jailed. People who believe that marriage is between one man and one woman could be arrested, jailed, fined and lose their jobs.
They know Dx, all is lost!
Um.. Eh...
*BlitzDungeoneer.exe is not responding.*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55021 on: July 28, 2014, 04:41:41 am »

I dislike long shounen anime, which makes up most mainstream anime (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.) The endless conflict->defeat->training->victory cycle wears on my nerves pretty fast, as do the shounen stereotypes: hothead tough guy, busty airhead love interest, blue-haired wallflower love interest, and so on.

Anything with less than 100 episodes will at least be alright in my experience. Most of the hidden gems are around 20-30.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55023 on: July 28, 2014, 04:55:23 am »

I can't stand the art style, which is basically the main defining feature of anime/manga.
I realise not all of it has the terrible over-the-top characters, poor dialogue and high-pitched voice acting that most of it does, but just the art style is enough to prevent me from enjoying any of it. I'll stick to my comic books. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55024 on: July 28, 2014, 04:55:49 am »

I tried watching Attack on Titan, but there was just way too much drama.

Shin Chan is the only real anime.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #55025 on: July 28, 2014, 04:56:26 am »

Has anyone noticed how many turn based strategy RPGs are... not really strategy games. They are just RPGs on a Grid... but fights still play out like ordinary RPG fights except slower?

Been trying to find some strategy RPGs to play... but I keep ending up with games like that.

*sigh* I'll keep looking.

Jagged Alliance 2. It's a tactical combat game with RPG elements. The 1.13 mod is recommended, though it might be overwhelming at first.
Love, scriver~

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #55026 on: July 28, 2014, 05:00:10 am »

You... don't like Attack on Titan?
Hmm...
That will have to be remedied.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55027 on: July 28, 2014, 05:02:13 am »

Aot needs more combat and/or potato girl for me to be interested in it. :p

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55028 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:31 am »

Oh, I have to say though, as much as I dislike anime... if I had to choose between watching your average anime or watching that RWBY thing, I'd choose to have my eyes gouged out. Wait, no, I meant. Uh. I'd choose to watch the normal anime, that's what I'm trying to say. :P

Seriously, I was at a friend-of-a-friend's party a while ago and they all decided to watch RWBY or whatever it's called.
I did not have high expectations, obviously, not being an anime fan, but... it was as though they took regular anime, stripped it of any good parts it might have, and increased the levels of obnoxiousness to several times the norm.
Oh, and the art style was even worse, as well. Dear gods how does that look good to anyone?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55029 on: July 28, 2014, 05:11:27 am »

You... don't like Attack on Titan?
Hmm...
That will have to be remedied.

I have a love-hate relationship with AoT. It's a great setting and a really interesting story, but god the animation is so cheap. There's about three body types for every character, every outdoors scene is desaturated and has a giant flare in the corner for no reason, and I remember plenty of scenes being represented by just panning over a still painting with dialogue.

Oh, and the art style was even worse, as well. Dear gods how does that look good to anyone?!

RWBY is just terrible. It's like some American studio with a small budget and very little experience in animation decided that they were going to copy popular aniWAIT A MINUTE
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55030 on: July 28, 2014, 06:09:06 am »

I've watched more then enough bad animes, terrible dubs, and botched storylines in anime... to know that...

BOY if someone hates anime there is more then enough material for them to use to justify it.

This isn't even including the rampant pedophilia, terrible romance, constant sexism, weirdness, gorn, over-dramatization, xenophobia, ethnocentrism, anti-Americanism, homophobia, and repetition.

While I always say that while the majority of anime is bad (Mind you, the majority of movies are bad... but most people don't watch most movies because they know this), I am sure there is SOMETHING out there for everyone in anime.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:12:24 am by Neonivek »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #55031 on: July 28, 2014, 06:11:55 am »

I am sure there is SOMETHING out there for everyone in anime.
That something is called Shin Chan.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #55032 on: July 28, 2014, 06:13:47 am »

I...actually liked RWBY. Is that really so wrong? I mean I get why you guys might not like it so much, but I guess I'm just too chill to care about the bad parts of things like that.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #55033 on: July 28, 2014, 07:06:08 am »

I can't stand the art style, which is basically the main defining feature of anime/manga.
I realise not all of it has the terrible over-the-top characters, poor dialogue and high-pitched voice acting that most of it does, but just the art style is enough to prevent me from enjoying any of it. I'll stick to my comic books. :)

Thing is anime is MANY art styles. Case in point
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55034 on: July 28, 2014, 07:08:47 am »

Tekkonkinkreet, that was a weird movie.
Pages: 1 ... 3667 3668 [3669] 3670 3671 ... 11039