Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3643 3644 [3645] 3646 3647 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14426430 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54660 on: July 23, 2014, 10:10:50 am »

Maybe his social bar is low. Does he have any regular friends to talk to?
Not really, he mostly talks to himself or our parents.

He does have friends that he sees once in a while, but pretty much only when he plays baseball.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54661 on: July 23, 2014, 10:13:08 am »

Maybe he'd enjoy reading as a hobby? He sounds like he has a great imagination and in theory would eat them up :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54662 on: July 23, 2014, 10:14:21 am »

Current WTF: Imagine a fantasy-themed hack 'n' slash videogame, with lots of varied enemies onscreen at most times for your heroic character and their companions to battle their way through, occasionally aided by some fairly useless NPC soldiers who drop like flies.

Now, imagine that the weakest of those enemies can kill you in a single hit. That's what I'm experiencing right now.
Hard mode is like playing a whole different game. :o Certainly earns its title!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #54663 on: July 23, 2014, 11:27:18 am »

meanwhine, in wizerdtown today has been the first rain for three fucking weeks and it's been nothing more than a light drizzle

climate change is now, we're all fucked

So the climate has become milder and generally BETTER and this means we're all fucked? :P

"OH NOES GUYS, IT STOPPED RAINING ACID! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOMED
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54664 on: July 23, 2014, 11:30:39 am »

I going to assume you're aware of this, but whenever acid rain stopped, it did so because the source was removed.

It's not because Jewish scientists stopped getting paid by the Lizardmen to propagate their Einsteinian lies. My uncle tried to tell me something like that once.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54665 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:07 am »

yeah, if it stopped raining acid from where the fuck would we get the battery sauce out of?

batteries are more important than glass

and gods know glass is important

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54666 on: July 23, 2014, 11:42:49 am »

Current WTF: Imagine a fantasy-themed hack 'n' slash videogame, with lots of varied enemies onscreen at most times for your heroic character and their companions to battle their way through, occasionally aided by some fairly useless NPC soldiers who drop like flies.

Now, imagine that the weakest of those enemies can kill you in a single hit. That's what I'm experiencing right now.
Hard mode is like playing a whole different game. :o Certainly earns its title!

Generally most games have a similar leap between 'normal' and 'hard' difficulty.
In Dragon's Dogma it's as though it jumps straight from 'easy' to 'insane'... and I wasn't even playing on the easy difficulty to begin with.
This is crazy. And awesome. But mostly crazy. I have to actually pay attention to enemies and think things through, now, rather than just spamming "r1+square" over and over, with something else occasionally mostly to look cool! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54667 on: July 23, 2014, 12:23:33 pm »

Wait, you're surprised at a difficult video game where you die in one hit? Clearly, the concept of "Super Mario Brothers 1 & 3" is unheard of to you. I know ONE GUY who beat #3. ONE.

I only beat the first one because I cheated a lot on my DS virtual console. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54668 on: July 23, 2014, 12:29:08 pm »

No, I've played plenty of platformers in my time- Crash Bandicoot remains one of my favourite series to this day.
This is the sort of game where, in normal mode, you can fight your way through hordes of weak enemies, taking quite a lot of hits without much care and still come out on top. Hell, you can loot the enemies as you kill them and not pay for it.

This has become less like Dynasty Warriors (not that it was anywhere near that level of silliness to begin with) and more like Dark Souls... now I'm kind of wishing I had the roll move from the latter.

My party just killed two groups of bandits (who are freaking tough at this stage in normal mode!) and I could not be prouder if my firstborn child had somehow performed an intensive tapdance routine on international television whilst conducting a brass band, juggling flaming powered chainsaws, banging a supermodel, defending their father from cyborg ninja assassins and being elected supreme governor of Earth all at the same time. :')
Booze is Life for Yoink

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54669 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:06 pm »

Wait, you're surprised at a difficult video game where you die in one hit? Clearly, the concept of "Super Mario Brothers 1 & 3" is unheard of to you. I know ONE GUY who beat #3. ONE.

Pfft, 3.   I practically had that on speedrun. Use 2 flutes at the right time and you'd go straight to world 8.  Maybe 30 minutes, though I'm sure people have done much better since speedrunning became a thing.

Without flutes though, that's another story... I think I've beaten it without flutes...once?  And it took all day.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54670 on: July 23, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »

Pfft, 3.   I practically had that on speedrun. Use 2 flutes at the right time and you'd go straight to world 8.  Maybe 30 minutes, though I'm sure people have done much better since speedrunning became a thing.

Without flutes though, that's another story... I think I've beaten it without flutes...once?  And it took all day.
That's what I meant; this guy went through the whole game. Took all day there, too.

When I was smaller and sucked at the game more, I'd get the two World One flutes and go straight to world 8 and die straight away.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54671 on: July 23, 2014, 12:55:05 pm »

My mum and I would play through that game on a daily basis. I'd get home from half-day kinder, my bro would go down for his nap, and we'd trounce 3 in a few hours. Best childhood memories ever.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #54672 on: July 23, 2014, 12:56:03 pm »

My sister has just been offered an internship for up to six months, earning forty thousand rand a month. That's more than my parents earn put together.

That's it, I'm doing a CompSci major instead.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54673 on: July 23, 2014, 01:00:56 pm »

My sister has just been offered an internship for up to six months, earning forty thousand rand a month. That's more than my parents earn put together.

Nearly $4,000 a month? Not bad at all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #54674 on: July 23, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »

Nearly $4,000 a month? Not bad at all.
Shit, I get paid half that at the job I'm quitting for a less well-paying job!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3643 3644 [3645] 3646 3647 ... 11039