Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3641 3642 [3643] 3644 3645 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431737 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54630 on: July 22, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »

That's probably why there's all these heists there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #54631 on: July 22, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »

Internet says ~10mil people have it, and murican population is about 317 mil, according to internet. Dividing gives 31.7, and I forget how to make it into percent because I'm stupid. I think is is 3.17 percent. Still small
10/317 = 0.0315 = 3.2 %

Keep in mind, the majority of Americans get health care through their employer plans, so most people were never going to be enrolled in it anyway.
Can you show me this majority? In numbers? Because living here I don't know too many employers who do that. Then again, I don't know many employers.

I'm talking about Health Insurance plans being offered through an employer. Typically, the Employer pays some % of the cost and the Employee pays the rest. According to wikipedia, "over 95% of employers with at least 50 employees offered health insurance" and "about 59% of employers at small firms (3-199 workers) in the US provide employee health insurance". That accounts for the majority of the working population, since most of those plans already meet the standards put in place by Obamacare and don't require that the individuals sign up through the government systems.

I certainly haven't had to do a thing, since I'm enrolled in a plan like that through my company.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #54632 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:37 pm »

Quote from: guess what
Me [29M] with my GF [28F] 9y, I want to fuck other girls
Stay classy Reddit ::)

edit: SCRAP THAT!
I [26M] think my girl friend [21F] is sleeping with her father.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:06:18 pm by Dutchling »

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54633 on: July 22, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

Reddit, nothing new there...

I just saw todays most WTF gif, easily.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #54634 on: July 22, 2014, 07:15:24 pm »

I misread,

"I don't care about the fucking oscars. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FUCKING FEELS."

as

"I don't care about the fucking oscars. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FUCKING EELS."

and didn't bat an eyelash. The only reason I even noticed that I didn't get it right the first was that someone commented about how much they hated that particularly usage of 'feels'. I'm believe brain may have gone too far in acclimating to the internet.

EDIT: Imageshack also appears to have eaten my avatar whole, and the only other copy is on my dead laptop.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54635 on: July 22, 2014, 07:16:01 pm »

"ALL I CARE ABOUT IS FUCKING EELS."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54636 on: July 22, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »

Sounds painful.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #54637 on: July 22, 2014, 07:39:45 pm »

Eels are actually rather cute. The way they eat little fishes is delightful~.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54638 on: July 22, 2014, 07:51:45 pm »

Eels are actually rather cute. The way they eat little fishes is delightful~.
Yes, and they taste good, according to le internet.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54639 on: July 22, 2014, 07:54:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54640 on: July 22, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »

DF just crashed on me, and I have no idea why.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54641 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:33 pm »

I just don't honestly see where evolution contradicts creationism.
Creationism says that Earth was created 6000 years ago. Evolution and paleontology say that this is so damn not the case.
I'm pretty sure there are many Creationists who support the old Earth theory. One who I can recall off the top of my head is William Buckland, then again I'm not sure if he might just be a religious Evolutionist.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54642 on: July 22, 2014, 09:20:53 pm »

Young Earth Creationism is a purely Protestant doctrine, and is a minority (although a large one) in Protestant denominations as well. Old Earth Creationism, Directed Evolution (the major changes in the fossil record are where God poked in to change things, and appear random only because science regards the supernatural as untestable and thus beyond their reach), Fishbowl Evolution (God started the universe running, and just let things go), and How-God-Made-The-Universe-Is-Irrelevantism (God is the root cause of everything, but how He did it and when don't matter, the only question that is worth considering is Why) are more prevalent than the evangelical loudmouths would have you believe. Indeed, many Christian physicists have pointed out that Genesis 1 sounds like a poetic, dumbed down description of the Big Bang and stellar formation.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #54643 on: July 23, 2014, 06:40:43 am »

Internet says ~10mil people have it, and murican population is about 317 mil, according to internet. Dividing gives 31.7, and I forget how to make it into percent because I'm stupid. I think is is 3.17 percent. Still small
10/317 = 0.0315 = 3.2 %

Keep in mind, the majority of Americans get health care through their employer plans, so most people were never going to be enrolled in it anyway.
Can you show me this majority? In numbers? Because living here I don't know too many employers who do that. Then again, I don't know many employers.

I'm talking about Health Insurance plans being offered through an employer. Typically, the Employer pays some % of the cost and the Employee pays the rest. According to wikipedia, "over 95% of employers with at least 50 employees offered health insurance" and "about 59% of employers at small firms (3-199 workers) in the US provide employee health insurance". That accounts for the majority of the working population, since most of those plans already meet the standards put in place by Obamacare and don't require that the individuals sign up through the government systems.

I certainly haven't had to do a thing, since I'm enrolled in a plan like that through my company.

So what you're saying is basically "You have a really, REALLY shitty job"? :P
"You" in this meaning me.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #54644 on: July 23, 2014, 08:22:19 am »

The weather. Seriously, it's fucking summer, but it feels nothing like summer. It rains pretty much every damn day, sometimes light drizzle, sometimes a fucking storm. And it's stupidly cold for this time of year, like, the temperatures are nearly double of what they are right now.

It's like spring decided to stick around for several more months, heck, the winter was so damn mild you could say this is all just one big fall lasting over half a year now.

And what's even wierder is the rainfall patters, yesterday, and today, there was a brief shower in the city. And it's falling so wierdly that west of my building everything is rather wet, while everything east of it is still very dry.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 3641 3642 [3643] 3644 3645 ... 11039