Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3631 3632 [3633] 3634 3635 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442126 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54480 on: July 20, 2014, 04:54:39 pm »

Oh, okay.

We don't have any major corporations, so yeah.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54481 on: July 20, 2014, 05:10:12 pm »

Quote from: Newest DF changelog
  • Babies don't start strapped with a knife
What's the story behind this? O_o

When the game gave equipment for units to use, it wouldn't account for the fact that a baby likely can't use a knife. Newborns are not quite dextrous enough for mortal combat.

On a similar note, there was also a point where animals would be given clothes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54482 on: July 20, 2014, 05:20:12 pm »

http://theweek.com/article/index/265042/speedreads-watch-a-72-year-old-buzz-aldrin-punch-a-jerk-in-the-face-for-calling-him-a-liar

I'm very happy he punched him in the face. I'm sorry, but I am.

I'm so sick of every nut job seemingly having the right to harass the hell out of everybody else whenever and wherever they wanna. It's just a bit much.

You can see the 72 year old former astronaut being as nice as he can manage to be for quite some time there and everybody just asking the crazy nut job to leave.

All this does is lead to a string of accusations and threats and dares to sue and even eternal condemnation. It's bullshit.

I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but I can relate to Buzz here. He wasn't doing anything wrong and was just trying to get through his day. They don't pressure worthless CEOs who really did perpetrate frauds (to the tune of billions of dollars) like they're pressuring poor buzz. This also is not the first time this jerk has done this to him.

I dunno. I think Buzz is gonna get sued over this. [sigh] Punching him may not be the right thing to do but I can understand the urge and let's be honest, the guy was asking for it. Whole thing caught on a shoulder mounted camera. Looks a little like a setup to me.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54483 on: July 20, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »

... You know that happened 12 years ago, right?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54484 on: July 20, 2014, 05:27:19 pm »

And this is why you can't sue in New Zealand. Because it leads to nonsense like that.

$1bn (class action) lawsuit against New Zeeland banks.

Class action and individual business actions against Rena.

$300,000 in exemplary damages from Corrections Department for RSA killings survivor.

You can sue in any country and there are always some form of punitive/exemplary damages available. NZ does have a higher bar than some countries (I don't believe negligence alone is enough) but they are still there.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54485 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:37 pm »

If I had risked my life to be one of the first people on the moon, knowing that it could end horribly, and someone claimed that I was lying about it, I would be pretty angry too.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54486 on: July 20, 2014, 05:35:13 pm »

You can sue in any country
Holy shit I want to go to Best Korea and sue the Great Leader or whatever they're calling him right now.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54487 on: July 20, 2014, 05:39:29 pm »

That's one thing that I don't understand. The US insists that they are secular, but there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary >.>

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54488 on: July 20, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »

Atheists are outright banned in congress, afaik. But I know very little anyway. Which, granted, is still better than Jon Snow.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54489 on: July 20, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

Atheists are outright banned in congress, afaik. But I know very little anyway. Which, granted, is still better than Jon Snow.

There was an atheist in congress for 40years.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54490 on: July 20, 2014, 05:50:02 pm »

... You know that happened 12 years ago, right?
Also, police declined/refused to press charges.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54491 on: July 20, 2014, 05:53:24 pm »

There was an atheist in congress for 40years.
The more I know~

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54492 on: July 20, 2014, 06:01:12 pm »

Holy shit I want to go to Best Korea and sue the Great Leader or whatever they're calling him right now.
Oddly, North Korea has a legal system based on German civil law mixed with Japanese and communist influences. That site also makes references to a civil law/criminal law split, which suggests people could somehow bring lawsuits against other people or the state. How that works when there aren't personal property rights I don't know...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #54493 on: July 20, 2014, 06:02:27 pm »

That's one thing that I don't understand. The US insists that they are secular, but there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary >.>

My understanding is that its a belief Christians can afford to hold because they're surrounded by other Christians.  If everyone you know is Christian then things that are obviously Christian to outsiders simply seem generic to you.

Also to our credit, when the Union was created its government was pretty secular as governments went.  Now not so much...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54494 on: July 20, 2014, 06:36:43 pm »

In my state it's actually illegal for an atheist to hold office.
Pages: 1 ... 3631 3632 [3633] 3634 3635 ... 11040