Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3617 3618 [3619] 3620 3621 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480661 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54270 on: July 16, 2014, 06:23:02 pm »

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Around_the_World/2014-07-02/35870/Oral_Sex_Classes_A_Hit_In_Moldova

Also just a precautionary nsfw, given the title.  Just I guess the idea threw me over.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54271 on: July 16, 2014, 06:27:05 pm »

Unrelated WTF to the previous one: I just burped and my burp tasted like pancakes and now I feel like pancakes.
I have not eaten pancakes in at least a year. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #54272 on: July 16, 2014, 06:28:52 pm »

I feel like pancakes.
Yoink confirmed for pancake mutant
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54273 on: July 16, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

* Yoink dumps a bottle of syrup over his head and begins eating himself with a resigned expression.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54274 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:35 pm »

That's really my favorite argument about people getting Macs.  "Oh, they can't get viruses!  I'll just buy this $3,000 piece of overpriced electronics because it can't get viruses, that will totally save me money in the long run!"

Two weeks later they're wondering why their bank accounts are emptied and why their Mac is now a very large paper weight.

FAKEEDIT:  It's even better asking them where they learned that "Macs can't get viruses."  Usually the response is "The internet."

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54275 on: July 16, 2014, 07:32:14 pm »

-snop-
Their response was 'The person selling it to us'

I immediately said 'Yes, well he's hardly going to say 'Oh, Macs can get shitloads of viruses!' when he's trying to sell it to you, is he?'
You should ask them if the guy who was selling it to them was a licensed technician, or a salesman.  And which out of the two would you trust more? 

If they say the salesman you could tell them that a room full of technicians is now laughing at them.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #54276 on: July 16, 2014, 07:42:08 pm »

That, or just give up any hope of having a rational discussion with your parents.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54277 on: July 16, 2014, 08:03:27 pm »

That, or just give up any hope of having a rational discussion with your parents.
Anyone who buys a Mac because of the above reason, because it's an overpriced, overhyped pile of crap made by Apple, or because it's an extra-shiny facebook interface.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54278 on: July 16, 2014, 08:13:16 pm »

I have a couple macs because my dad is among the idiots who think they don't get viruses. Any computer mooched off him ends up being one of those pieces of shit.

But hey! Free computers!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54279 on: July 16, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

Four words.
Search word: 'Can macs get viruses?'
At least there, some answers would come. :-\

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54280 on: July 16, 2014, 08:28:12 pm »

You really don't have to search the internet too hard to find out that anything that connects to it is a security hazard.  Any piece of electronic that can access the internet, and is programmable, can download malicious or corrupt code that changes the standard operations of the electronic.  Be that a phone, a PC, a Mac, or even a toaster, it can get a virus.

Most people won't go out of the way to develop a virus for toasters, however, so you probably won't have to worry about your toast being burnt by anything other than user error right now.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #54281 on: July 16, 2014, 09:13:46 pm »

Anyone who buys a Mac because of the above reason, because it's an overpriced, overhyped pile of crap made by Apple, or because it's an extra-shiny facebook interface.
Yeah, while it's true that not many mac viruses existed in the past (because they consisted a relatively small percent of the computer device population), in the modern day there are certainly enough out there that you should set up some sort of virus/malware blocker on any mac you own.

Personally I own a mac, mainly for 1 big reason, compatibility. With a little bit of work you can easily get your mac set up to dual/triple boot and then run every program (which is nice if you want to say, play a game, develop a computer program, and write some music all on the same computer). Windows, on the other hand, has no easily done way of doing this, and any attempts to do say take a lot more work.

That said I can certainly see the attraction of a mac for older people that just want to use their computers for email/word processing/internet browsing. Macs do a much better job at hiding/limiting access to the interior of the computer, which IMO leads to a bit of a more polished look and less "crazy settings and buttons you shouldn't push" to quote my Grandmother. :P For those of us who actually understand how to use those various access points a windows is much better and more affordable (unless you are going for compatibility, as I mentioned above), but I can certainly see the appeal for those who aren't very computer literate.

Just felt like putting in my two cents there. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54282 on: July 16, 2014, 10:47:28 pm »

Most people won't go out of the way to develop a virus for toasters, however, so you probably won't have to worry about your toast being burnt by anything other than user error right now.
That's just what the Toaster hackers want you to think.   They will hijack our toasters and sell out preferred toast crispness levels to the corporations, then as the corporations are just a front for the Illuminati they will use the knowledge to manipulate the feeble minds of the mortals (immortality was invented way back in 1926) into doing our bidding with toast at the perfect crispness levels.

Wake up sheeple!
* Greiger wraps his toaster in tinfoil.
* Greiger is sad he can't make toast because the tinfoil is covering the slots.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54283 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:15 pm »

check out this peasant, he doesn't know about the tinfoil conspiracy and calls us sheeple

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 3617 3618 [3619] 3620 3621 ... 11037