Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3594 3595 [3596] 3597 3598 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478504 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53925 on: July 13, 2014, 11:49:48 am »

Scrapyards usually buy wrecks, destroy them, and sell the metal. What you're describing is more often called a JUNKyard.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53926 on: July 13, 2014, 11:54:33 am »

https://gma.yahoo.com/parents-rescued-navy-warship-plan-file-lawsuit-144843401--abc-news-parenting.html
...Why would there be any issue with them taking their children out on the boat? You might as well say it's wrong and immoral take them on a road trip.
<twocents>
Well, on a road trip you can stop at a hospital if someone gets sick or injured, while if that happens on a boat you have to wait several hours, if not days, for rescue assuming anyone picks up your emergency signal. And one-year-old kids can get sick and injured quite easily, with all sorts of nasty stuff. I could see the logic in waiting another year or two so you don't have quite such young people on such a long voyage.
</twocents>

A dick move by the phone provider in any case.

Finding a hospital if you break down on the highway in the middle of a long stretch devoid of civilization?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53927 on: July 13, 2014, 11:57:50 am »

I suppose so, I'm not an expert on it.  It's always been referred to as 'The Scrapyard' according to everyone I know, but that's hardly official.

So if they are just scrapping the bits, don't they still have to remove the different parts from the metals?  Still sounds harder after you ran something over with a tank and partially crushed it all together.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53928 on: July 13, 2014, 12:02:31 pm »

https://gma.yahoo.com/parents-rescued-navy-warship-plan-file-lawsuit-144843401--abc-news-parenting.html
...Why would there be any issue with them taking their children out on the boat? You might as well say it's wrong and immoral take them on a road trip.
<twocents>
Well, on a road trip you can stop at a hospital if someone gets sick or injured, while if that happens on a boat you have to wait several hours, if not days, for rescue assuming anyone picks up your emergency signal. And one-year-old kids can get sick and injured quite easily, with all sorts of nasty stuff. I could see the logic in waiting another year or two so you don't have quite such young people on such a long voyage.
</twocents>

A dick move by the phone provider in any case.

Finding a hospital if you break down on the highway in the middle of a long stretch devoid of civilization?
Even the most devoid stretch of highway is closer to help and more heavily-traveled than the middle of the ocean. You would have to be way far out on some backroads, possibly unmapped, in order for that to be an equivalent problem.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53929 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »

I needed superglue last night, and the only pack of it I could find hadn't been opened. I couldn't find one that was already opened, and the one I found my stepdad had written scripture on for some reason. It was enough to dissaude me from opening it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53930 on: July 13, 2014, 12:29:46 pm »

It's for binding evil papercraft demons.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53931 on: July 13, 2014, 12:48:50 pm »

I needed superglue last night, and the only pack of it I could find hadn't been opened. I couldn't find one that was already opened, and the one I found my stepdad had written scripture on for some reason. It was enough to dissaude me from opening it.
Is your dad a preacher or very active layman? That's hardly the oddest thing I've seen people of that sort scribble notes on.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #53932 on: July 13, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

Everyone in my immediate family is or has been a religious leader of some sort and none of them have ever scribbled anything on superglue tubes. I'm not sure anyone has scribbled scripture on anything, really. I'm going to go with "Akura's stepdad is weeeird" on this one.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53933 on: July 13, 2014, 01:00:55 pm »

Is your dad a preacher or very active layman? That's hardly the oddest thing I've seen people of that sort scribble notes on.
More specifically, they were books:chapters of various Bible verses. For some reason, he thinks he's a good Christian.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53934 on: July 13, 2014, 01:01:55 pm »

More specifically, they were books:chapters of various Bible verses. For some reason, he thinks he's a good Christian.
Of course he does.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53935 on: July 13, 2014, 01:11:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So there was this tumblr con that was supposed to have Night Vale and Steam Punk Giraffe in it. What happens is neither were there, the tumblrites showed up to a pretty empty room and decided to try salvage the sitch by renting a bouncy castle and a ball pit. Where the money they paid went is a mystery.

In retrospect it seems obvious; they were asking 65$ for a con.

*EDIT
They also got nearly kicked out by the hosting hotel because the people running the con hadn't paid the full venue fee, so they got the assembled masses to pay the $17k needed on the spot.

But hey, at least they're pretty happy together.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:30:37 pm by Loud Whispers »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #53936 on: July 13, 2014, 01:22:00 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53937 on: July 13, 2014, 01:59:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

what

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53938 on: July 13, 2014, 02:01:28 pm »

oh ye gods i need more sides because just two in orbit will not do

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53939 on: July 13, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »

Some people, man.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3594 3595 [3596] 3597 3598 ... 11037