Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3589 3590 [3591] 3592 3593 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14473419 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #53850 on: July 12, 2014, 06:41:39 pm »

I seem to be inspiring pity in people for reasons I cannot discern, despite the fact that outwardly I don't particularly show off any reason to feel pity for me.
This is either a superpower or the curse of the mummy, and I haven't done any tomb desecrating in years.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53851 on: July 12, 2014, 06:54:13 pm »

The only punishment that entails is a longer lifespan and healthier prostate, apparently. Unless you get really excessive, and then terrible things happen.

... more seriously, it's not uncommon for a person to not quite grok what sort of image they're putting out, so what you feel isn't an outward sign of pity attraction might not actually be so.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53852 on: July 12, 2014, 06:56:06 pm »

I found an RCA-VGA adapter for 20 fucking euros. Say what? I could buy one for a like 5-6 dollars in the US!

But what really takes the cake are these male-male RCA-audio plugs. The manufacturer sells them for €7.30.

The online retailer I frequent is selling them for €368.90! And it's not the first time, either.
I was always curious what pervert came up with "male" and "female" for electrical parts. "Oh, here's the part that we stick into the other part. What's a good shorthand for that?"

"Male and female?"

[tumblr]It also reinforces the cis het patriarchy by erasing queer identities and assuming every electrical coupling is of a male and a female.[/tumblr]

"Fine, we'll accommodate the gays by making male and male connectors!"

[tumblr]By focusing the cause of gay rights on gay cis white men you perpetuate the oppressive culture and yada yada[/tumblr]

Also, my relatives just enlisted my help in making fresh homemade lasagna and threw the garbage bits in a bin to be composted in their vegetable garden. Gods of Conservatism protect me, I'm waist deep in Massachusetts Liberal stereotypes!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53853 on: July 12, 2014, 07:01:17 pm »

I seem to be inspiring pity in people for reasons I cannot discern, despite the fact that outwardly I don't particularly show off any reason to feel pity for me.
This is either a superpower or the curse of the mummy, and I haven't done any tomb desecrating in years.
Being punished for all the fapping you've done over the course of your life?
Why would fapping deserve punishment? It's pretty much a service to society.

... more seriously, it's not uncommon for a person to not quite grok what sort of image they're putting out, so what you feel isn't an outward sign of pity attraction might not actually be so.
Actually active effort to be seen as not pitiable probably has the opposite effect if done badly, doesn't it? But then not trying would also not work. It's like there is some sort of pity event horizon and no matter which way I try to go there is no escape.
Or maybe it's just coincidence. Hard to tell.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53854 on: July 12, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »

A distant family member that came to visit on their way to Miami stopped by.  Apparently they insist that shows like Lizard Lick Towing, Honey Boo-Boo, and hardcore pawn are 100% unstaged legit reality tv.  I couldn't even get them to admit to the possibility of producers setting up situations for the actors to react naturally to.

I admit I don't really watch any of those shows, I catch bits here or there, but from what I've seen of lizard lick alone I don't see how the police aren't in every single episode with how often guns seem to get involved.  How can somebody remotely believe this stuff is real, and how am I related to them?

I've seen WWF matches that look less staged.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #53855 on: July 12, 2014, 07:10:46 pm »

I arrived in Boston and discovered that my relatives are really great chill people except that they are like the embodiment of stereotypical East Coast liberals who want to be sophisticated Europeans. I never thought I would find so much tea, fresh food, and soccer fanaticism in one beautiful but disproportionately small house.
Bah, you just won't realize how good fresh food is until you've gone through the university-student-poverty part of your life where you eat ramen and bologna sandwiches for several years. And small houses are great. They ensure you don't build up tons of junk that makes it a pain to move, while simultaneously ensuring you're never more than a few feet from the fridge. :P

Why would fapping deserve punishment? It's pretty much a service to society.
You do have to be careful though; if you fap too much, your hands will go blind and you will only be able to see out of your face.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53856 on: July 12, 2014, 07:25:36 pm »

I know. I mean, this is how man is meant to look.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53857 on: July 12, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »

I know. I mean, this is how man is meant to look.
Don't click on this!

Please... just please... don't...

click... the horror!... ohgoshthehorror...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #53858 on: July 12, 2014, 07:39:55 pm »

You really shouldn't discriminate so strongly against tattoos, WM :I

There's nothing horrifying about a couple of poor tats. Maybe a little sad, but not horrifying.

Seeing out of your face would be goddamn terrifying, though. Entire face suddenly becoming capable of visual reception, without all the fiddly bits that make the stuff that goes into the eyes come out sane? You'd flip out and go crazy in minutes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53859 on: July 12, 2014, 07:43:10 pm »

I'm not discriminating against the tattoo, I'm discriminating against how unnatural and creepy it seems to me.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #53860 on: July 12, 2014, 07:44:22 pm »

I'm not discriminating against the tattoo, I'm discriminating against how unnatural and creepy it seems to me.
Tch, you obviously haven't seen the thing from Pan's Labyrinth then.
Take a closer look at this text!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53861 on: July 12, 2014, 07:47:54 pm »

Tch, you obviously haven't seen the thing from Pan's Labyrinth then.
To Google!

NOEP.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53862 on: July 12, 2014, 07:51:28 pm »

I arrived in Boston and discovered that my relatives are really great chill people except that they are like the embodiment of stereotypical East Coast liberals who want to be sophisticated Europeans. I never thought I would find so much tea, fresh food, and soccer fanaticism in one beautiful but disproportionately small house.
Bah, you just won't realize how good fresh food is until you've gone through the university-student-poverty part of your life where you eat ramen and bologna sandwiches for several years. And small houses are great. They ensure you don't build up tons of junk that makes it a pain to move, while simultaneously ensuring you're never more than a few feet from the fridge. :P
I know, it's great. They just match so many of the conservative stereotypes of well-off elitist New England liberals that it's a little uncanny.

The human geography here is also freakout-worthy. I'm about eight miles out from downtown Boston proper but said city is so dense that these suburbs are downright rural. In Michigan, eight miles out from the city is just slightly less city, and even my little suburb is maybe ten across.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:01:21 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53863 on: July 12, 2014, 08:07:13 pm »

I found an RCA-VGA adapter for 20 fucking euros. Say what? I could buy one for a like 5-6 dollars in the US!

But what really takes the cake are these male-male RCA-audio plugs. The manufacturer sells them for €7.30.

The online retailer I frequent is selling them for €368.90! And it's not the first time, either.
I was always curious what pervert came up with "male" and "female" for electrical parts. "Oh, here's the part that we stick into the other part. What's a good shorthand for that?"

"Male and female?"

[tumblr]It also reinforces the cis het patriarchy by erasing queer identities and assuming every electrical coupling is of a male and a female.[/tumblr]

"Fine, we'll accommodate the gays by making male and male connectors!"

[tumblr]By focusing the cause of gay rights on gay cis white men you perpetuate the oppressive culture and yada yada[/tumblr]

Also, my relatives just enlisted my help in making fresh homemade lasagna and threw the garbage bits in a bin to be composted in their vegetable garden. Gods of Conservatism protect me, I'm waist deep in Massachusetts Liberal stereotypes!
They should rename them to "top" and "bottom" ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53864 on: July 12, 2014, 08:14:59 pm »

-snicker snack-
They should rename them to "top" and "bottom" ;P
That doesn't make sense. Sometimes the woman goes on top. :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:18:53 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3589 3590 [3591] 3592 3593 ... 11037