Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433650 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #51900 on: June 18, 2014, 07:34:09 pm »

Wtf for me: even with greatwyrmgold banned its going to take a minimum of 20,400 posts for even iamanelfcollaborato to overtake him. At his average post/day rate, its going to take ~598 days to close the gap. People will be wondering who the fuck this guy is at the top of the post-count stats who hasn't even posted in nearly two years before her finally been jumped off.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51901 on: June 18, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »

Wtf for me: even with greatwyrmgold banned its going to take a minimum of 20,400 posts for even iamanelfcollaborato to overtake him. At his average post/day rate, its going to take ~598 days to close the gap. People will be wondering who the fuck this guy is at the top of the post-count stats who hasn't even posted in nearly two years before her finally been jumped off.
Systematically remove every single post of GWGs. Eradicate his existence.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51902 on: June 18, 2014, 07:35:55 pm »

I could always return to my highest post count. But I don't really feel like it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #51903 on: June 18, 2014, 07:36:14 pm »

No. :I

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51904 on: June 18, 2014, 07:36:55 pm »

y

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #51905 on: June 18, 2014, 07:38:03 pm »

I remember idly coming up with a not that unreasonable reason for why doing so wouldn't be a bad idea a couple days ago, but now I can't remember it
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #51906 on: June 18, 2014, 07:38:50 pm »

Because him and his mini fanclub were so intent on unbanning him?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51907 on: June 18, 2014, 07:39:32 pm »

y
Removing every post of GWG's would probably break everything. He was a major part of too many games and conversations to do that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51908 on: June 18, 2014, 07:41:26 pm »

I for one don't like striking anything from the record. Completely uncivilized. But burying it under new records is totally cool.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51909 on: June 18, 2014, 07:45:20 pm »

GWG's banning is not unexpected, but makes me sad.  I think we need links to the offending posts/threads in the ban thread.  Please?   I usually miss the final ones.

--

People like gwg, brainfreez, and Dr, Poo were fun.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:47:02 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51910 on: June 18, 2014, 07:47:35 pm »

Land of Lost Dimensions, despite recent ongoing giant RPs, is still in the most-posted topics (although only barely) somehow, and if they hadn't happened, it would've much more slowly crumbled from its spot of 4th-most posted only by way of the Homestuck or RAEG threads, despite having been completely dead for about 3 years at this point.
GWG's post-forum position isn't going anywhere for a long time for similar reasons. B12 is active, but its top tens tend to not budge without effort or lack of it (I was fifth or so before said rps started, for example)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:50:52 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51911 on: June 18, 2014, 08:15:43 pm »

Because him and his mini fanclub were so intent on unbanning him?

I think 'mini' is the word that applies there. Besides, nothing came from that and now it seems to have quietened down.

----

Hmm. I wonder how much time it'd take for Toady to delete all GWGs posts. Can he automatically wipe a user's posts from the forums, or would he have to do it individually?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #51912 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:45 pm »

You can delete a user's account and wipe all their posts in the process with SMF, I've done it a few times on various forums to deal with spammers.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #51913 on: June 18, 2014, 08:17:25 pm »

That stats center thing made me actually notice at my stats for the first time in a while. Looks like I broke 300 days log time and 10k posts somewhere in there. A decidedly ambivalent feeling :P

If Jifo's the baseline for time logged for folks from that far back, though, I'm definitely behind, even accounting for the year's difference in joining time. I'd say time to get up on level, but... effort. Eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #51914 on: June 18, 2014, 08:18:20 pm »

Total time logged in: 10 days, 16 hours and 22 minutes.

That's kinda underwhelming compared to people with more than a year clocked in. That said, I tend to log out when I'm not doing anything on the forums.

You can delete a user's account and wipe all their posts in the process with SMF, I've done it a few times on various forums to deal with spammers.
This is a bad idea. Deleting all of GWG's posts would break the forum, too many threads would make no sense as a result.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 ... 11039