Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3399 3400 [3401] 3402 3403 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453383 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #51000 on: June 08, 2014, 01:14:36 am »

I went out last night, intending to take it easy, spend ten bucks at most, just watch the bands and then head home early.
I woke up hours later on a bus shelter with about $0.80 left. I blame the bands for being too good or something. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51001 on: June 08, 2014, 01:31:46 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51002 on: June 08, 2014, 02:01:36 am »

How is that relevant? I don't think I pre-ordered anything last night... then again, I could have forgotten. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51003 on: June 08, 2014, 02:29:33 am »

I guess you just failed a spot check.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #51004 on: June 08, 2014, 05:27:16 am »

Huh, apparently if a nuclear war would break out, cockroaches would be one of the first to die off, even before the fruit flies and wasps.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51005 on: June 08, 2014, 06:01:00 am »

Cockroaches would be the first to die off because annoyed scientists would be exterminating them before uneducated dumbasses started wearing their chitin.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51006 on: June 08, 2014, 06:01:22 am »

Huh, apparently if a nuclear war would break out, cockroaches would be one of the first to die off, even before the fruit flies and wasps.
I shall coin the new scientific model whereby a species effective survival rates in a nuclear apocalypse is predicted by how easily Bear Grylls is capable of catching them. It shall be the theory of Bear's grill selection.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #51007 on: June 08, 2014, 06:34:07 am »

I shall coin the new scientific model whereby a species effective survival rates in a nuclear apocalypse is predicted by how easily Bear Grylls is capable of catching them. It shall be the theory of Bear's grill selection.

Wrong thread. :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51008 on: June 08, 2014, 07:25:13 am »

So I am watching this series and I swear the villain is the most incompetent competent villain ever

He constantly runs around the heroes and is the most intelligent strategic minded character in the show... and it shows with how he is able to collect near all powerful resources.

But he never EVER capitalizes on his advantage, never tries to take out his enemies, or do anything. For example the heroes use a rare power to fight in this series, but he can forgo relying it using technology he can mass produce to ape the effects. He also later gains the ability to mind control anyone. AND he knows where the heroes are and has the forces to take them. He is also able to disable certain powers his opponents have remotely at anytime (yet only does it ONCE). Ohh yeah and he can 'upgrade' anyone he wants (something the heroes cannot do). His ONLY advantage he doesn't have is that his minions are less skilled then the heroes individually, but this isn't a series where "skill" is overwhelmingly superior.

It would at least make sense if the main villain had more of a personal reason why he just doesn't take over armies using his mind control or just outright assaulting the heroes... but no. (he is sort of the evil "I don't want to do the work myself even though I am the most qualified person" villain)

Has anyone ever experienced this in a show? Where the villain holds all the cards but instead of actually dealing the royal flush he holds in his hands he decides to stick with the two pairs instead no absolutely no reason.

The closest I can think of is the 80s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... but that show was meant to be an action comedy... it wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

It reminds me of what TVtropes said about heroes where the main villains are so powerful that: "Their losses are less believable then their successes"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:38:19 am by Neonivek »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51009 on: June 08, 2014, 07:53:58 am »

so i fired up dorfortress out of boredom

and

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51010 on: June 08, 2014, 08:11:41 am »

Hatoful Boyfriend remake. It's happening people.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51011 on: June 08, 2014, 08:31:27 am »

so i fired up dorfortress out of boredom

and

You've accidentaly immortal the entire world. Now nobody can be necromancers. Thanks LordSlowpoke!
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51012 on: June 08, 2014, 08:35:35 am »

* LordSlowpoke shrugs

* LordSlowpoke puts on obama hat

thanks self

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51013 on: June 08, 2014, 08:37:24 am »

I just realized the name of that world is called "The Absolute World".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51014 on: June 08, 2014, 08:58:19 am »

Obviously, vodka is the key to eternal life. Have you ever seen a babushka? They're the same as they were a hundred years ago.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 3399 3400 [3401] 3402 3403 ... 11040