Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3385 3386 [3387] 3388 3389 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460994 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #50790 on: June 05, 2014, 03:59:36 am »

I was looking at some Ancient Egyptian religious art recently, and I reached an extremely disturbing conclusion: the Egyptians were all closetpyramid furries who used religious art to avoid coming out. They had some really fetish fuel-y  creation stories too; at least one that I can think of involved autofellatio.
That seems fairly tame, actually.

Greek origin myths involve things like a god castrating his father with a scythe (ow) and the severed... chunks land in the ocean and out pops Venus.
Don't forget Zeus. He likes to rape any female he encounters. Including his mother and sisters.
Occasionally he turns into a swan or horse, first.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #50791 on: June 05, 2014, 04:03:40 am »

Egyptian mythology can always go one better because it's so malleable, though.

Case in point: Isis and Horus. There's almost certainly an interpretation where they have an incestuous relationship.

And I'm pretty sure there's a different mythology (Babylonian?) that involved a guy butchering his father and using his testicles to make the Earth, or something similar to that. Can't be bothered to go haul the relevant book off my shelf to check.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #50792 on: June 05, 2014, 04:05:36 am »

Friggin' hilarious WTF:
Quote from: Robert Pattinson, the actor playing Edward in Twilight
When you read the [Twilight series], it’s like saying 'Edward Cullen is so beautiful I creamed myself.' I mean every line is like that. He’s the most ridiculous person who’s so amazing at everything. I think a lot of actors tried to play that aspect. I just couldn't do it. And the more I read the script, the more I hated this guy, so that’s how I played him, as a manic-depressive who hates himself. Plus, he’s a 108 year-old virgin, so there’s clearly some issues there.

Robert Pattinson despised twilight (and Stephanie Meyer, too.)

IIRC both main leads absolutely hated the series, with Stewart being in it only for the money and Pattinson for getting into the former's pants, pretty much.

I was looking at some Ancient Egyptian religious art recently, and I reached an extremely disturbing conclusion: the Egyptians were all closetpyramid furries who used religious art to avoid coming out. They had some really fetish fuel-y  creation stories too; at least one that I can think of involved autofellatio.

The attitudes were waaaay different. One of the Pharaoh's ritual duties was annual jacking off into the Nile to ensure it floods properly.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #50793 on: June 05, 2014, 04:15:58 am »

I believe we covered that in an earlier WTF. I think it was the Wikipedia 'Masturbation' page. What was honestly *more* disturbing was that it mentioned a tribe where the rite of manhood involved the resident shaman jerking off the participant.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #50794 on: June 05, 2014, 04:17:24 am »

I believe we covered that in an earlier WTF. I think it was the Wikipedia 'Masturbation' page. What was honestly *more* disturbing was that it mentioned a tribe where the rite of manhood involved the resident shaman jerking off the participant.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #50795 on: June 05, 2014, 04:17:45 am »

Fairly standard too. There have been worse examples.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #50796 on: June 05, 2014, 04:19:19 am »

...A topic which makes furry fetish fuel seem preferable.

On that note, here's a funny story!
1d4chan.org/wiki/Fur_Heresy
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50797 on: June 05, 2014, 04:20:29 am »

Somehow, people in Korea started believing that grinding up house leek and putting it in yoghurt is a panacea that prevents cancer, diabetes, atopy, and also strengthens your immune system.

....??
Hey, at least it's not tiger penises.

Everything is better than tiger penises.

That shit is barbed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #50799 on: June 05, 2014, 04:31:34 am »

Somehow, people in Korea started believing that grinding up house leek and putting it in yoghurt is a panacea that prevents cancer, diabetes, atopy, and also strengthens your immune system.

....??
Hey, at least it's not tiger penises.

Everything is better than tiger penises.

That shit is barbed.

Fun fact: so is your cat's (if it's a male).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #50800 on: June 05, 2014, 04:35:03 am »

Are you implying female cat's penises aren't barbed?

...this makes me wonder what kind of weird tumblr SJW would decide that their cat is trans*.*

*My apologies if I've used the wrong term. Please correct me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #50801 on: June 05, 2014, 04:39:40 am »

Cats can be homosexual or bisexual, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can be transgendered. They would be definitely less represented for obvious reason though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #50802 on: June 05, 2014, 04:39:51 am »

Are you implying female cat's penises aren't barbed?

...this makes me wonder what kind of weird tumblr SJW would decide that their cat is trans*.*

*My apologies if I've used the wrong term. Please correct me.

Yep, that's what I'm implying. If you can stretch it to homologous organs, at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #50803 on: June 05, 2014, 04:43:30 am »

Some people in this world don't know when to stop.

Cats can be homosexual or bisexual, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can be transgendered. They would be definitely less represented for obvious reason though.
"gender" referring to the mental or physical state of said cat? I doubt cats get confused as to what parts they're supposed to have.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #50804 on: June 05, 2014, 04:49:00 am »

Why do we know these things. And by we, I mean you guys, because that's a whole lot of enlightenment that just fell on my head.
Pages: 1 ... 3385 3386 [3387] 3388 3389 ... 11040