Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467168 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #49125 on: May 10, 2014, 04:42:33 pm »

fantasy scenarios played out on tabletops with action figures

buy me a 3d printer and i'll fucking do it

i'll design the figurines, make a thread and deliver pictures

Obviously need a kickstarter for this.

Bay12 lower boards: The Musical Tabletop Printed Figurines Drama: The MAGMA Rises
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49126 on: May 10, 2014, 06:04:41 pm »

They'd have to pay me to work with Icefrog. I don't blame Blizzard one bit.

Ooh, juicy. Whazzit?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49127 on: May 10, 2014, 06:05:31 pm »

?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49128 on: May 10, 2014, 06:07:22 pm »

...sounds like you have something against icefrog? I'm confused by the statement now.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49129 on: May 10, 2014, 06:08:49 pm »

Oh, you're asking what my problem with him is.

I knew of Icefrog back in the wc3 days. He's got a very bad reputation.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49130 on: May 10, 2014, 06:13:28 pm »

Not the worst I've heard (IIRC Pendragon is the one people don't like for some copyright hubbub).

Icefrog nowadays doesn't communicate with the English-speaking community at all due to... it's dota's community come on

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49131 on: May 10, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »

The Dota community is less toxic than he is. He borrowed ideas from other map makers and got angry when you challenged him on his map being anything other than 100% original.

Let's not forget that Dota was not his creation, though he did take up the reins for the most popular variant in the end.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49132 on: May 10, 2014, 06:21:41 pm »

Ooooh. I like this kind of thing, you gotta link?

(no doubting, legitimately curious)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49133 on: May 10, 2014, 06:24:46 pm »

No links, but I can definitely confirm icey took over the reigns of an incredibly derivative AoS map (It was, what, DotA, then DotA: All Stars? Something like that?). I was kinda' still playing WC3 custom maps like crazy when it first happened. DotA's always been kinda' the king moobah of AoS ripoff maps, right from the start.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49135 on: May 10, 2014, 06:28:08 pm »

Yeah, Aeon of Strife, I know. He and Neichus took over from Guinsoo after Dota All-Stars 5.84. Dota itself was made by Eul.

EDIT: think I found the Pendragon drama:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/1348xl/dota_vs_lol_pendragon_shows_up_in_rdota2_after/

(because I mentioned that earlier and decided to look for what it was actually about)

EDIT 2: Jesus, just actually read the Pendragon stuff. Holy crap. Guy took down dota-allstars.com (which he was running), apparently took a bunch of ideas from the suggestions forum to make League of Legends and claimed them as original said it'd be up in "a week" over and over for years and put this up in its stead:

In the meantime, I hope some of you will join me and over 3 million other players for a game of League of Legends (it’s free!)

EDIT 3: and then he blamed IceFrog for the community having issues after he defaced the main website and replaced it with an ad for LoL...

EDIT 4: And sold the rights of the name Dota: All-Stars to Riot who then gave it to Blizzard in an attempt to sabotage Dota 2. Jesus hell. Why does riot keep this guy? I can also see why the Dota/LoL rivalry is so one-sided, too, since Dota's never really done anything to LoL... except apparently what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:55:50 pm by Putnam »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49136 on: May 10, 2014, 07:00:03 pm »

Probably the same reason Riot can't think of a proper genre name.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49137 on: May 10, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »

Fox. Everything Fox has ever done.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49138 on: May 10, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »

Dota 2 picked up on the "MOBA" name recently, too, which is kinda dumb. New Unreal Tournament game is under development and that game fits the "MOBA" name perfectly. So does Quake. Hell, pretty much any game that is 1. multiplayer 2. online 3. has combat 4. has an arena of sorts. Most FPS games, for one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49139 on: May 10, 2014, 07:07:48 pm »

Probably the same reason Riot can't think of a proper genre name.
They're AoS maps until someone gets off their ass and does something a WC3 map didn't already do, s'far as I'm concerned. They get a proper genre name when they stop being something done in the late 90s/earlier 00s.

Props to awesomenauts for coming close, but no, no cigar.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3274 3275 [3276] 3277 3278 ... 11037