Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471868 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #49035 on: May 09, 2014, 11:21:19 am »

Today possibly the most perfectly timed coincidence occurred.

One of my friends was trying to get a signature off everyone in the school year because some people are leaving and sentimentality and things. We were sat in McDonalds waiting around and talking with everyone else there and stuff, and he was getting a signature off someone and complaining that he's still around 15 short of the full 160 something he needs, and I pointed out that, "Maybe the person you needed to sign it was you all along," and he went and checked and sure enough he hadn't signed his own. He opened his mouth to no doubt express what a revelation this is, when a woman who just walked in spontaneously starts holding a high note. No reason that I could see, but she had her arms raised slightly and everything. Cue about 4 seconds of confused looks before laughing.
I felt bad about laughing later though because I saw her talking to herself and am now pretty sure she had some sort of mental disorder. Doesn't make the timing any less amazing though.
Just because a person talks to herself doesn't mean she has a mental disorder. I mean, I talk to myself occasionally and I am perfectly sane - all of the voices tell me that. Except Edelbert Y. Pippengsberryworth, but he's a jerk.
Or, you know, she could have been talking into one of those cell phone earpieces.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49036 on: May 09, 2014, 11:22:07 am »

Well, I was just about to say the same, until we got to Edelbert Y. Pippengsberryworth :P

I talk to myself occasionally, too. And I'm fairly certain I'm sane. Then again, I do play DF...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49037 on: May 09, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »

Or, you know, she could have been talking into one of those cell phone earpieces.

Hands-free cell phones, ever moving the boundaries between hipsters and crazy people.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49038 on: May 09, 2014, 02:30:48 pm »

Hands-free cell phones, ever moving the boundaries between hipsters and crazy people.
I"m not sure which is more disturbing to me -- the tiny Bluetooth earpieces that you can't see (that make you wonder if someone is crazy) or the hugeass ones you can see (that make you wonder if someone is Lobot)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49039 on: May 09, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »

They both suck equally, because you still can't tell if they are talking to the phone or talking to someone else. One of the benefits of having a phone is when you hold your hand up to your head, people usually understand that you are talking on the phone. Doing so with the hands-free phones defeats the purpose. Hands-free phones in public are stupid, and only exacerbate peoples' fear of interacting with anyone.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49040 on: May 09, 2014, 05:55:20 pm »

Ohgod I'm drunk and I'm listening to Evanescence :C

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49041 on: May 09, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »

Hey, I like some of their stuff.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49042 on: May 09, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »

I liked it too, back in highscool. I like to think I've outgrown that stuff. It seems Stock is that certain kind of alcohol that does this to me :C

Maaan, now I wish I drank tequila, atleast there's noone to confide my darkest secrets to :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49043 on: May 09, 2014, 06:29:26 pm »

I like Evanescence, it's very melodic and has nice vocals if you don't take it seriously.

Fuk of u prepz i am goffik and u jus gont undertandz me!!!!!!111!!!!111!1!cos(0)!  :(

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49044 on: May 09, 2014, 06:39:38 pm »

They both suck equally, because you still can't tell if they are talking to the phone or talking to someone else. One of the benefits of having a phone is when you hold your hand up to your head, people usually understand that you are talking on the phone. Doing so with the hands-free phones defeats the purpose. Hands-free phones in public are stupid, and only exacerbate peoples' fear of interacting with anyone.
Kinda reminds me of a Season 1 Boondocks episode where a couple of characters are debating about them. One thinks it's hot stuff, and chicks dig it, and the other is saying that it makes him look like a fool, along with anyone else that's around them, and it's just another piece of technology fit for generally and/or socially ignorant people. Although, watching a crime drama like Person of Interest, it does make coordination more stealthy, and is not such a bad idea after all.

As for talking to oneself, I do it myself. Saves mental processing power that can otherwise go into deeper thinking. I mean, too much effort is taken up by voicing the thoughts in your head, it's more efficient to voice it out, an think harder while hearing yourself talk as to refine any thoughts you have running in your head. It's sorta like using your hands to sculpt imaginary things, in a way making designing things more efficient. Like having a 3D modeling program running in your head with the most intuitive interface ever. In this case, it's verbal, when you talk to yourself. That's at least how I see it.

In a different perspective, as crazy as it looks, it's quite therapeutic for the psychology. Especially if you look into the past and such. It's cheaper than going to a psychologist/iatrist, and is still rather effective; provided you're honest with yourself, which is a key step. I consider it a verbal means of psychological exhaust. You know, cooling down and/or detoxing the mind.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:45:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49045 on: May 09, 2014, 06:51:59 pm »

Oh wow. FOX News in on TV at this truck stop. I'm not really watching, just eating, but from what I heard...

Is this normal for them? A story about a bunch of Satanists holding a ceremony got the following (paraphrased) comments from the on-screen pundits:
"If this were just an exercise in First Amendment rights, they should go all the way and burn Korans!"
"This is just bigotry against Christians! They are perverting Christian worship and have been doing so for hundreds of years!"
"This is an outrage!"

I guess those jokes about this network aren't all that exaggerated ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #49046 on: May 09, 2014, 07:04:59 pm »

Just decided that maybe I should actually give PewDiePie a chance, and watched one of his videos...

...pass the brain bleach.
You can borrow mine. I've tried his videos. Good cinematography.
...Too much rallying to the...'commonality of the generation of today'. Meaning: SWEARING YOLO BAHAHAHAHA and stuff.
It's the fanbase which turns me off :x

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49047 on: May 09, 2014, 07:21:38 pm »

Shopping with my mom for the past ~two hours.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49048 on: May 09, 2014, 07:41:57 pm »

Kinda reminds me of a Season 1 Boondocks episode where a couple of characters are debating about them. One thinks it's hot stuff, and chicks dig it, and the other is saying that it makes him look like a fool, along with anyone else that's around them, and it's just another piece of technology fit for generally and/or socially ignorant people.
I was thinking of the same thing. Having experienced it in real life only further solidifies it.

As for talking to oneself, I do it myself. Saves mental processing power that can otherwise go into deeper thinking. I mean, too much effort is taken up by voicing the thoughts in your head, it's more efficient to voice it out, an think harder while hearing yourself talk as to refine any thoughts you have running in your head. It's sorta like using your hands to sculpt imaginary things, in a way making designing things more efficient. Like having a 3D modeling program running in your head with the most intuitive interface ever. In this case, it's verbal, when you talk to yourself. That's at least how I see it.

In a different perspective, as crazy as it looks, it's quite therapeutic for the psychology. Especially if you look into the past and such. It's cheaper than going to a psychologist/iatrist, and is still rather effective; provided you're honest with yourself, which is a key step. I consider it a verbal means of psychological exhaust. You know, cooling down and/or detoxing the mind.
I'll say a small snippit out loud, but not so loud that everyone within a city block can hear me. And I try not to do it around a lot of people to begin with.

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #49049 on: May 09, 2014, 08:29:19 pm »

Just decided that maybe I should actually give PewDiePie a chance, and watched one of his videos...

...pass the brain bleach.
some of his stuff is tolerable but alot of it is him screaming at horror games
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one
Pages: 1 ... 3268 3269 [3270] 3271 3272 ... 11037