Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3266 3267 [3268] 3269 3270 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468291 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #49005 on: May 08, 2014, 09:47:15 pm »

I've found it to be pretty passable to be honest.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49006 on: May 08, 2014, 09:52:06 pm »

I didn't even know you could do a reverse search.  It makes me wish I could remember where I've seen a few pictures, and wondered if it was a character from something.
Google's reverse search, at least, is really terribad for most things. As far as I can tell, it basically matches colors instead of (or at least at a higher priority than) shapes, so it will just pull up various unrelated pictures with vaguely similar compositions. It's particularly bad for anything low-resolution/small.
I dunno; it recognized your avatar as being a baby seal. And brought up appropriately horrifying looking baby seal stuffed animals.
Huh, that's weird. I've had cases where searching for a black-and-white picture turned up literally random unrelated pictures that also happened to be black and white.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #49007 on: May 08, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »

I didn't even know you could do a reverse search.  It makes me wish I could remember where I've seen a few pictures, and wondered if it was a character from something.
Google's reverse search, at least, is really terribad for most things. As far as I can tell, it basically matches colors instead of (or at least at a higher priority than) shapes, so it will just pull up various unrelated pictures with vaguely similar compositions. It's particularly bad for anything low-resolution/small.
I dunno; it recognized your avatar as being a baby seal. And brought up appropriately horrifying looking baby seal stuffed animals.
Huh, that's weird. I've had cases where searching for a black-and-white picture turned up literally random unrelated pictures that also happened to be black and white.
Yeah, that's just the algorithm deciding it doesn't have a clue about what you're searching for and saying "screw it, I'm interpretting this as art/a photo style." Which, yes, it does for a lot of things. But if the image is an extracted portion of a larger one that is on the web, it will find it.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49008 on: May 08, 2014, 10:28:11 pm »

Yeah, that's just the algorithm deciding it doesn't have a clue about what you're searching for and saying "screw it, I'm interpretting this as art/a photo style." Which, yes, it does for a lot of things. But if the image is an extracted portion of a larger one that is on the web, it will find it.
Still, when I'm concerned about finding the source of an image, it's not helpful to get the original image back at you.

Your avatar, for example. It returns... your avatar, but also a whole friggin' bunch of totally unrelated images in the same colors, with no hints as to actual similar pictures or possible sources.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49009 on: May 08, 2014, 10:32:11 pm »

But if the image is an extracted portion of a larger one that is on the web, it will probably find it.
FTFY... I think, anyway. Last time I ran m'avvie through the reverse searches available, nothing found the source image, for which I was vaguely thankful. That would make things too easy, huhuhu.

Looks like they're still beat, too *fistpump* None of the ones linked from wikipedia's reverse search page, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49010 on: May 08, 2014, 10:35:20 pm »

Usually people can reverse search my avatars. That's what makes them fun, though~ :3

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49011 on: May 08, 2014, 10:49:22 pm »

if you reverse image my avatars you will find:

boxes
a kangaskhan
wristwatches
a lion

it's a fucking mystery

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49012 on: May 08, 2014, 10:51:50 pm »

Well, ya, your avatar has been bastardized.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49013 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:23 pm »

If you reverse search my avatar you will find a perfectly normal killsat raining death upon the heretic's great temple.   

I thought that Allee's avatar was something along those lines.  I just didn't think it would be... that.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49015 on: May 08, 2014, 11:08:19 pm »

You are one sick person. My laptop feels decidedly unclean now, and will be under a full battery of anti-virus scans.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49016 on: May 08, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »

I dunno, I thought it was pretty cute...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49017 on: May 08, 2014, 11:11:20 pm »

If you reverse image search my avatar you get gifs of Yuno. How unexpected.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49018 on: May 09, 2014, 12:05:17 am »

I get....
Myself(though I get the descan-ized version because that was probably up last time the spider made a visit) followed by Red Mage and Fighter from FF1.

I'm willing to call that a success.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49019 on: May 09, 2014, 12:11:21 am »

Reverse search any of my avatars and you get uh...

* Iceblaster goes to do so.

Legion Dance Party: Results.

Joshua Goddamned Graham: Results.

I never asked for pics: Results.

Ezio Auditore Poni: Results.

LOOK IT'S A PUMBLOOM!: Results.

The best detective: Results.

You get rather average things.
Pages: 1 ... 3266 3267 [3268] 3269 3270 ... 11037