Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462650 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #48375 on: April 30, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »

Checked my magic fridge garlic again.

It's getting larger, and the leaves are becoming more pronounced.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #48376 on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #48377 on: May 01, 2014, 12:09:22 am »

Soon, the garlic will challenge you to a game of riddles. Do not immediately accept. Wait for a day, then return with a dollar coin minted no later than 1980. Offer the garlic the coin -- it will refuse twice, and accept on the third attempt. Then, and only then, may you accept the garlic's challenge.

But beware. Failure will cost more than you are willing to give, and victory will gain you naught but a fresh clove of garlic. Refusal, however, will cost more than you know. God speed, MC, and good luck. You'll be fine, though. It's a clove of garlic. They're terrible at riddles.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48378 on: May 01, 2014, 12:11:13 am »

Damnit, internet. And damn you tax organizations. You are to blame with naming federal unemployment FUTA and making my mind go odd places every time I have to account for FUTA Payable and FUTA Expenses.

O_O oh dear. That's unfortunate.

No, seriously,

The Great Purge
The Day That Stole Two Years
The Dichromatic March of Penguins
The Uprising of Sanity's Anathema
The Original Schism
The Storm of Viscera
The Pathos
The Eternally Resurgent Thousand Faceted Avatars
The One Whose Name Brings Forth Aeons of Pain

How is this not some epic mythos?

Oh yeah, you forgot The Speaker of MAAAAAAAAGMAAAAAAAA
Of course you meant MAGMAAAAAA
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48379 on: May 01, 2014, 12:13:54 am »

He who would tread the path of magma must carefully consider the fate of the first purveyor of it.

I should write a book, like The Silmarillon.
The Silmarillon is like an eight-generation Oldsmobile: Ugly and sometimes slow going, but ultimately a pretty solid piece of work that'll last a long time before you're done with it.

Poledancing economic consultants is a horrible idea, as good economic sense and paying to watch pole dancing are pretty mutually exclusive.
Yes, mlp. The fanboys and haters got aggressively obnoxious with each other, and a few got banned, and we're not supposed to talk about a children's cartoon anymore because of it.
It was actually worse than that; from what I vaguely recall, it was the breaking of forum guideline 6 that pushed it over the line from a simple thread warning to "don't ever talk about this topic again."
That was only the last thread, and that discussion deserved a lot more hammer than showed up. The first one was bog-standard image spam, the second was some poor fool linking to an Encyclopedia Dramatica page with NSFW images.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48380 on: May 01, 2014, 12:15:10 am »

I might be about to die from laughing.
You know, I was about to go to sleep. Now I have to read this entire thing. I'm Okay with this though.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48381 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:24 am »

Poledancing economic consultants is a horrible idea, as good economic sense and paying to watch pole dancing are pretty mutually exclusive.

Yes, mlp. The fanboys and haters got aggressively obnoxious with each other, and a few got banned, and we're not supposed to talk about a children's cartoon anymore because of it.
It was actually worse than that; from what I vaguely recall, it was the breaking of forum guideline 6 that pushed it over the line from a simple thread warning to "don't ever talk about this topic again."
There were several mlp topic threads. All of them were eventually derailed in bad taste (as opposed to the usual kind of derail here). Toady had enough of it and struck it down to no-topics-allowed, but it can come up as a minor derail sometimes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48382 on: May 01, 2014, 12:18:51 am »

Soon, the garlic will challenge you to a game of riddles. Do not immediately accept. Wait for a day, then return with a dollar coin minted no later than 1980. Offer the garlic the coin -- it will refuse twice, and accept on the third attempt. Then, and only then, may you accept the garlic's challenge.

But beware. Failure will cost more than you are willing to give, and victory will gain you naught but a fresh clove of garlic. Refusal, however, will cost more than you know. God speed, MC, and good luck. You'll be fine, though. It's a clove of garlic. They're terrible at riddles.
Nah, I'm going to wait until is starts to cannibalize the other clove of garlic, and then try to communicate with it.
I want to make sure I have a worthy opponent.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48383 on: May 01, 2014, 12:23:43 am »

Ohey, 50k posts in the thread. Is it ironic that statistics and history distracted people from pointing it out?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #48384 on: May 01, 2014, 12:28:36 am »

Now that I've caught up with the thread and see that people are talking about forum history, I feel it's somewhat pertinent to mention that time Aqizzar unintentionally founded a kingdom and several of us set ourselves up as lords.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #48385 on: May 01, 2014, 12:32:16 am »

You mean the the feudal thing or something else? A pity none of the games surrounding it ever really got off the ground. Horny Sea Nymphs in a lake.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48386 on: May 01, 2014, 12:32:41 am »

Now that I've caught up with the thread and see that people are talking about forum history, I feel it's somewhat pertinent to mention that time Aqizzar unintentionally founded a kingdom and several of us set ourselves up as lords.

I think thats the only one of these I was actually there for!

yay.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48387 on: May 01, 2014, 12:34:32 am »

Wait, did somebody just read 3k pages of WTF thread?
._.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48388 on: May 01, 2014, 12:36:27 am »

Much more likely he was following it at one point and just fell behind. Pretty easy to do considering all these threads move at like 10+ pages/day.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #48389 on: May 01, 2014, 12:36:48 am »

I just remembered the Tilde wars. Who else still remmebers breadbocks?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:44:35 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 3224 3225 [3226] 3227 3228 ... 11040