Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3172 3173 [3174] 3175 3176 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461594 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47595 on: April 18, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »

Slaves to darkness will explain all the Chaos stuff.  "Rogue Trader", (the first edition rule book), takes quite a bit of inspiration from Dune.  Enough that they have a very similar mood.  Chaos isn't even in the first book.  It's not even hinted at.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47596 on: April 18, 2014, 09:20:07 pm »

From what I understand, they're investigating him because he slaughtered his way through hordes of orcs, Daemons, and killed a Chaos Prince. Yes, he's a Space Marine, but he did it without any help. That's not usually survivable, so for him to have survived is a little odd.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47597 on: April 18, 2014, 09:28:41 pm »

From what I understand, they're investigating him because he slaughtered his way through hordes of orcs, Daemons, and killed a Chaos Prince. Yes, he's a Space Marine, but he did it without any help. That's not usually survivable, so for him to have survived is a little odd.

They have yet to discover the unstoppable force known as the "FPS protagonist".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47598 on: April 18, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

They have yet to discover the unstoppable force known as the "FPS protagonist".

Actually they have. There are stated out "Hero units" who have ridiculously powerful weapons.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47599 on: April 18, 2014, 10:03:14 pm »

And don't need helmets to protect against headshots or bio-plasma.

I believe the sequel to Space Marine was going to have the main character go rogue, fighting his way through Chaos and whatever again to prove his loyalty, but doesn't really mean much with THQ gone.

There is Eternal Crusade being worked on. A replacement MMO for Dark Millennium, though that's not until 2015.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47600 on: April 18, 2014, 10:07:05 pm »

I think i'm genderfluid, but I'm sticking to male until there are further evidences
Back to gender identity, I identify as a male, but now I am not sure it it's due to natural preference or repressive social norms of Mother Russia. Because I think I actually started liking dudes in addition to girls recently.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47601 on: April 18, 2014, 10:17:30 pm »

The doctors thought I was going to be a girl before I was born, but I turned out to be a boy.
Does that count for anything?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47602 on: April 18, 2014, 10:21:55 pm »

The doctors thought I was going to be a girl before I was born, but I turned out to be a boy.

How competent are your doctors? :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47603 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:21 pm »

How competent are your doctors? :P
The doctors in my current area make me doubt as to whether the hospital actually does background checks on their employees.
I can't say for sure on the place I was born in, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47604 on: April 18, 2014, 10:25:16 pm »

Playing incursion. Find out I can cast hideous laughter on gricks.

Spoiler: This is a grick (click to show/hide)

What does the grick say?

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #47606 on: April 19, 2014, 01:06:14 am »

What about dead nazi baby jokes?

You too can prevent holocausts, smother your baby hitlers!
These actually pop up in South Park: The Stick of Truth.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47607 on: April 19, 2014, 04:07:37 am »

Well, it seems that I have had another dream involving myself partaking in a form of entertainment I normally wouldn't and involving multiple closed-room murders, a random organism and a tangential relationship to Christianity. It goes as follows:

I prefer literature over films, hence it was rather uncharacteristic of me to be in a theater, but alas, here I was. It was about priest driving interstate through the middle of nowhere. Noticing a man by a broken down car on the side of the road, naturally, he offered him a ride. Needless to say, this gentleman, an exceptionally skilled illusionist, accepted the kind proposal. What the priest did not know was, the illusionist was also a serial killer, who used his talent to commit numerous closed-room murders that remain unsolved. Now, the rather dark, muted colors, grey cloud-cast skies and ominous gales seemed to be setting up for a horror, or perhaps thriller film.

That was not he case. Because then, the action movie plot kicked in.

An abrupt demonic invasion is unleashed upon the world, sweeping across entire countries as a supernatural blitzkrieg of insurmountable proportions. Faced with certain death encroaching towards them, the two men drive unto it. One armed with his pistols, sleight of hand and experience in closed-room murder. The other with the righteous wrath of God, which apparently manifested as the ability to breathe out bees like some sort of incredibly odd dragon.

And so it begins, humanity's counterattack. Lead, conducted and solely performed by a saint and a sinner, annihilating entire infernal legions by themselves. Because as it turns out, demons are weak to bees and closed-room murder.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:16:16 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47608 on: April 19, 2014, 06:18:39 am »

Honestly that sounds like a "small penis" joke.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #47609 on: April 19, 2014, 06:52:14 am »

I thought I was going to play Planetside 2 today. Nope, I'm playing Loginside 2.

(I have tried logging on 4 times, taking 10 minutes each, and crashing every time)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 3172 3173 [3174] 3175 3176 ... 11040