Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 [3163] 3164 3165 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463483 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47430 on: April 16, 2014, 05:48:45 am »

WOW. I wasn't sure to put this here or the happy thread but my gosh that's advanced I hope this sortof customization system becomes widespread
I hope you like playing with sliders for hours on end.
I've spent hours in Skyrim's and FNV's character creation screens. My body is ready.

(But no, seriously, I've made characters in New Vegas that can be summed up as 'fluorescent albino deep one' and 'tomato-faced neanderthal'. Also orcs in Skyrim that look like they got hit with the whole damn ugly forest.)

Edit: And looking at that video in its entirety, I can safely say I'd probably wind up with some horrendous thing that would send Slenderman screaming for its mother.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:29:48 pm by Vorthon »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47431 on: April 16, 2014, 07:54:41 am »

Wow. People have played over 430,000 years of DOTA2 on Steam. Almost half a million years worth of effort - longer than the entire history of the human race...

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #47432 on: April 16, 2014, 08:21:05 am »

Playing XCOM. Sending in my best Assault, Jessica "Rhino" Wood, to soften up a pair of Mutons for capture. (She had the close combat perk, so she could hit both of them if she got close enough.) Both were 99% chance to hit.

A one-in-ten-thousand chance later, she'd missed them. Both of them.

Fortunately, I had another Assault on-hand to critical one-shot one of the Mutons and injure the other one for capture. Still don't know how on earth Rhino managed to miss two Mutons from a few squares away, though.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47433 on: April 16, 2014, 09:05:08 am »

The worst thing about that Korean MMO?

It looks like you can only have 3-4 Template Characters.

They all LOOK the same, really. Just variations on a theme!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47434 on: April 16, 2014, 09:25:45 am »

No, no. The best part of Oblivion was many things at once, though most of those related to spell- and enchantment-crafting.

My favorite was crafting a very high-powered Fortify Speed on-touch spell, casting on a horse, and riding until I hit a bump and was launched like a fantasy version of the JATO rocket-car myth. IIRC you could combine it with Fortify Athletics and Demoralize to make enemies fly away from you, possibly even blasting off. Perhaps at the speed of light.

But 100% chameleon armor was pretty broken too. For the uninitiated:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You actually had 9--two rings, an amulet and a shield on top of the 5 armor slots.

Getting 20% chameleon requires highest-level sigil stones, which basically means you're already a living god (in fact, there's a good likelihood that that statement is literal) regardless.
Or, uh, you could just get far enough in the Mage's Guild questline to gain access to the enchanting altars. Or get Frostcrag Spire. At which point all you need is a known Chameleon effect (50 Illusion) and 5 grand souls. Which is easily doable by just about any sort of character not very far into the game.

Granted, you could do it with four pieces of armor with Ascendant or Transcendent sigil stones, but eh. It's far easier to just grind up Illusion, get Arcane University access, and hey, presto! (I will admit I only used armor for it for the sake of flavor--sounds sort of silly, I know.)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47435 on: April 16, 2014, 09:31:12 am »

By Jah.  Snow.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47436 on: April 16, 2014, 09:32:02 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47437 on: April 16, 2014, 09:36:15 am »

Just saw a room advertised from the same sharehouse I used to live in.

Also saw an ad for a room that ended by saying that, while they'd rather have a female housemate to even up the numbers in the house, they'd be willing to make an exception "if your cool or are a good smash bros player".
Made me smile. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47438 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:32 am »

By Jah.  Snow.
Snow in April?
No snow here, but it was cold enough for it. After being 87 F just a couple of weeks ago.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47439 on: April 16, 2014, 09:54:37 am »

So first its a blood red scarlet moon, then theres snow in spring...?
Definitely touhou, check in the sky for any signs of massive balls of light being throw around.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #47440 on: April 16, 2014, 10:00:50 am »

Definitely touhou, check in the sky for any signs of massive balls of light being throw around.

Well the lyrid metoer shower is expected to occur over the next week...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:04:33 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47441 on: April 16, 2014, 10:59:35 am »

Well the lyrid metoer shower is expected to occur over the next week...
If there's any UFO-sightings in the next few years, we'll at least be safe from the countryside being burninated.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47442 on: April 16, 2014, 11:42:29 am »

It was 75 degrees Fahrenheit here two days ago. Last night it snowed in places. Consistency is not nature's strong suit it seems.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #47443 on: April 16, 2014, 11:46:03 am »

I have something like 283 Kelvins outside right now. Pretty comfortable. But there is no sun outside for last three days. Usually I don't care and even glad when there is no sun, but right now it makes me feel a bit depressive.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #47444 on: April 16, 2014, 12:50:04 pm »

Here we had a couple warm days where most of the ground cover melted but then it went back to snowing. At this point it doesn't stick for too long, and the snow will probably be done by the end of April or early May, if the snowfall trends are anything to go by. The lake's ice map seems to show more water, so the season of Snow is on its way out.
Pages: 1 ... 3161 3162 [3163] 3164 3165 ... 11040