Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3152 3153 [3154] 3155 3156 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14459535 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47295 on: April 13, 2014, 02:36:12 pm »

It's a webcomic featuring time travel, pop culture (especially Internet and video game) jokes, inter- and intra-species teenage romance, lots of meta-textual elements, and (at one point in time) an update schedule so erratic, yet frequent, that it was its own kind of joke ("It could have updated right now!"). It also did a lot to take advantage of the Internet's particular qualities as a medium, such as using flash animations (not possible in print) and incorporating banner ad space into the comic.

Essentially, if you go down the list of things the Internet is stereotypically known for liking, other than bigotry, it pretty much checks all the boxes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47296 on: April 13, 2014, 02:38:20 pm »

Oh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47297 on: April 13, 2014, 02:39:52 pm »

Also, conversation is in a format that has been infused with the ability to drive people mad by some elder god.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #47298 on: April 13, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »

Also, conversation is in a format that has been infused with the ability to drive people mad by some elder god.
Wait, that's NOT how you're supposed to talk to people? Because that would explain a lot.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47299 on: April 13, 2014, 05:29:20 pm »

Hosting Forum Mafia in another forum~
I can't believe the tactics they use to prove themselves as town.
So...ugh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47300 on: April 13, 2014, 05:30:05 pm »

So...ugh.
Like what? I can't imagine that it would be anything too bad unless it was rule breaking.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47301 on: April 13, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »

I'll just say 'it's bad' and I carry a ton of contradicting feelings towards it now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:35:49 pm by Tiruin »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47302 on: April 13, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »

I'll just say 'it's bad' and I carry a ton of contradicting feelings towards it now.
Can you linky? I want to watch the horror unfold.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47303 on: April 13, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »

So I had just finished watching Freeman's mind when I came upon this. Someone completed Half Life in 42 minutes and without the Hev Suit.

It will not take long before you realize you just witnessed a bearded suitless God of war in action.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47304 on: April 13, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »

So I had just finished watching Freeman's mind when I came upon this. Someone completed Half Life in 42 minutes and without the Hev Suit.

It will not take long before you realize you just witnessed a bearded suitless God of war in action.

Gordon McParkour cancels go faster: interrupted by scripted sequence.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47305 on: April 13, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »

Remember my last bit about Kanye "I Am a God" West? I heard another one of his newer songs, "New Slaves".

The main "body" of the song isn't anything out of ordinary, but the end is something truly special; that is, special in the sense of special education. It spontaneously cuts from Kanye ranting about private prisons to some other guy singing a really high-pitched part about "can't get too high", backed by violins which are apparently sampled from a 60s Hungarian rock song, ending with the actual Hungarian lyrics from that song.

I have not heard weirder song production or composition for some time.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47306 on: April 13, 2014, 10:07:56 pm »

Can you linky? I want to watch the horror unfold.
Seconding this. I'm curious as to what it is now.

Is the forum mafiascum?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:11:33 pm by Elephant Parade »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47307 on: April 13, 2014, 10:30:26 pm »

So...ugh.
Like what? I can't imagine that it would be anything too bad unless it was rule breaking.
Hmm. Maybe they have to admit terrible things they've done. Maybe they publicly humiliate each other. Maybe it's like a game of truth-or-dare gone wrong (how? Someone asks "who here do you like least", or "Who here is an asshole?").

Why, in a game where everyone has roles and the number of each type known, does town never just establish a public records system? Everyone must list who they are, and anyone who doesn't gets lynched as an obvious undesirable element. Then, the discrepancies are dealt with, and the house eventually wins. That's how the IRS gets you after all/
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47308 on: April 13, 2014, 10:54:15 pm »

Although there might be some really advanced games of mafia where there is a mathematical solution to the issue, in a vast majority of it the bad guys claiming to be good guys isn't a thing that's going to be disproven by anything that happens. Everyone stating their roles, with the bad guys claiming generic good guy roles without powers (as almost all the good guys will do because that is what they are) will ether lead to nothing, or to the good guys losing whatever power roles they have during the night when the bad guys kill the now outed good guys.

Also yeah. I don't understand what people could be doing to prove they are town so long as it works and it doesn't break that rules that could be a bad thing.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47309 on: April 13, 2014, 10:57:57 pm »

Something, distasteful. But what? All I can think of now are Joe McCarthyisms and the Salem Witch Trials.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 3152 3153 [3154] 3155 3156 ... 11040