Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3148 3149 [3150] 3151 3152 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461857 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47235 on: April 12, 2014, 04:13:01 am »

Roll a natural 20. Kill everyone with flavour overdose.
This is a blank sig.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47236 on: April 12, 2014, 04:32:04 am »

Silly MH, RTDs use a d6.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47237 on: April 12, 2014, 04:37:58 am »

Kitchen RTD. The horrors.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47238 on: April 12, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

Don't want to start a new thread

But does anyone believe in using time travel to solve problems?

Everytime I see a "Lets go back in time and kill hitler" aspect in a show or a "why don't you just kill hitler?" I still never understood that line of thinking too much.

In some ways yes you are saving lives, but it always felt like creating an entirely different world. Why throw away your present and future for a different one that might not even be an improvement?

And even then, didn't the aftermath of that villain create many good things and lessons that we NEED to carry into the future?
I'm pretty sure there had been so many of the similar argument against that idea that the "Kill Hitler" thing is essentially a Dead Horse Trope.

So I don't understand why you haven't noticed that your line of reasoning is pretty much the consensus already.

Funny this topic shows up. I've played an entire paradox out in my head.

Let's say you build a time machine, go back, and kill Hitler. Hitler's dead. The timeline is altered; you no longer had any reason to make a time machine or go back and kill Hitler. You have never killed Hitler and the universe is stuck in a time loop forever.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #47239 on: April 12, 2014, 11:27:02 am »

the only possible course of action is to go to the future and kill hitler.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #47240 on: April 12, 2014, 11:31:41 am »

the only possible course of action is to go to the future and kill robo-jetpack-hitler.
FTFY
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47241 on: April 12, 2014, 11:36:44 am »

The only possible course of action is to leave a large enough imprint in history, telling people in the future to go back in time and kill this particular Austrian soldier at this particular time or millions of people will die.

Though if I had a time-machine, I'd probably use it to fuck with history. I can think of three ways time-travel re: history could go down, from the singular perspective: Either what you do changes YOUR history, and you can't go to say... 1930s America if you help Africa colonize the Americas. Second would be that no matter what you do, when you go back to your time-machine, it's like nothing's changed. I.E. many-worlds interpretation, and your time-machine is of your particular home-time-line, and it can't travel into the many branches you've created. And third would be the killer-app style, where you can go back and forth across any time-line that exists, your home-one, different branches your actions have created, and any other time-lines in existence~

I should write a book.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47242 on: April 12, 2014, 11:45:52 am »

I don't normally say things like this, but XKCD hit the best 'timetravel to kill Hitler' joke with the "Berlin sure was noisy in 1945" strip.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47243 on: April 12, 2014, 11:51:03 am »

The only possible course of action is to leave a large enough imprint in history, telling people in the future to go back in time and kill this particular Austrian soldier at this particular time or millions of people will die.
That's.. a really good short story idea. I might hafta steal that from you, if I get some writing time later.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47244 on: April 12, 2014, 11:54:07 am »

I look forward to reading it~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47245 on: April 12, 2014, 12:05:32 pm »

Everytime I see a "Lets go back in time and kill hitler" aspect in a show or a "why don't you just kill hitler?" I still never understood that line of thinking too much.
-Kill Hitler
-Commies elected
-Soviet Germany and Soviet Russia ally
No survivors.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47246 on: April 12, 2014, 12:10:24 pm »

I have, I believe, for the first time I can remember, been contacted by a glitchy robocaller. The machine* asked for a person, told them not here. It said sorry, skipped a lil', and then said the exact line a second time. It was interesting. Like... oh hey. You're not actually human. Peace out, whoever you're representing.

*And I have to say, they've gotten a lot better in regards to audio fidelity and whatnot in the past few (several, whatever) years, haven't they?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #47247 on: April 12, 2014, 03:17:30 pm »

-Kill Hitler
-Commies elected
No survivors.
- So, kill Hitler then.
*Comrade P. laughs maniacally
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47248 on: April 12, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »

-Kill Hitler
-Commies elected
No survivors.
- So, kill Hitler then.
*Comrade P. laughs maniacally
GORRAM COMMIES
I THOUGHT WE SHAVED YOUR BEARDS OFF FOR THE LAST TIME!
THE LAST TIME!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47249 on: April 12, 2014, 03:24:55 pm »

-Kill Hitler
-Commies elected
No survivors.

Lets pretend that there was no "secret backfire" where WW2 will be worse then ever before. No "Red Alert" storyline.

We are living in a world that will forever be perpetually in a state of almost war and one where the United Nations and even the thought of global peace is a fantasy.

And don't get me wrong World Peace is still pretty far away, but it feels obtainable. While before it would be considered outright impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 3148 3149 [3150] 3151 3152 ... 11040